It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 5:59 pm 

What a neat handwriting from fresh-out-of-school PJ, compared to her nowadays chicken scratchings lol

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 10:12 pm 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7j_nUcIn_i/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:19 pm 

Not sure if this one got posted back in 2021

Quote:
PJ Harvey 4/1/95
I just found this c-type print of Polly Jean whilst clearing out my garage.
Born in Chris Cook's darkroom at Metro, it traveled to Los Angeles to be used in LA Option, the magazine that commissioned the shoot.
After, it arrived back and was 'stored'.
I have thousands of these 'work' prints. Relics from an analogue age.
This one escaped from its box and spent 10 years on the floor of a barn before winding up in my garage.
An extremely un-archival environment.
I'm glad its acetate sleeve offered so little resistance. It's possible the elements made it a more interesting picture...?

From Harry Borden 's instagram posted on the 21st of March 2021 https://www.instagram.com/p/CMriGgZpEXr ... BiNWFlZA==

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:34 am 

It looks like the flags were spelling "Welcome to Louse Point"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:36 pm 

PJ during "The Desert Session vol. 9 & 10" recording, 2003:

And this is Barcelona sound festival, one of my favourite moments, unfortunately i couldn't find a professional photo of it, so i took a screenshot:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:35 pm 

https://www.dagsavisen.no/resizer/0uoYM ... format(jpg):quality(70)/cloudfront-eu-central-1.images.arcpublishing.com/mentormedier/BUKY5ENGERF2PJI3PJFQMCFVG4.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:35 am 

Aha! Now we know where her twitter picture is from.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:27 pm 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
Sebastiano Boina wrote:
what happenned to Stephen Vaughan? I wonder how he's doing, he was a really good bassist.

In 2013 Rob Ellis said ‘nobody hears from him at all or knows what he’s doing. I think he lives a sort of hermit-like existence’, and that he hadn't spoken to him for ten years (https://www.spin.com/2013/05/pj-harvey- ... ve-albini/). That wasn't quite true, as he appears on Spleen which was made in 1996 - so it was just seven years!

(In fact, checking, everyone appears on Spleen - John Parish, Charles Dickie, Sammy Hurden, Jess Upton ... Has anyone else here actually listened to it? Or just me?)

Asked John Parish last year and he doesn't know. A bit of online snooping suggests Steve might still live near Yeovil, and the postcode ends in... PJ, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:03 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:38 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:48 am 

Another photo from the Kevin Westenberg session https://www.instagram.com/p/C9fo5dYtf1G/

PJ HARVEY. LONDON. ENGLAND. September 27, 2000. Photo: ©Kevin Westenberg. I had my dig through those NME/MM/VoX archives in Kent a few weeks ago and thought I had found all the prints I was ultimately going to find. However there must have been a box I missed. The great and powerful Dean Chalkley contacted me to say he had some of my prints which he discovered while looking through it all himself last week. It was a mix of prints from all those magazines listed above which included most of the prints shot of Polly in 2000 for an NME cover story including this one. This shot occurred not long after the famous BW Polaroid shot of her holding the white porcelain tea cup. Instead of it being a Polaroid, this is the real deal shot on film with the Mamiya RZ that I used for 25 years and now a new favorite! Mood! Now…Some juicy backstory: Polly was here to promote the album: ‘Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea’. Her image and demeanor had fully matured to brilliant refined mode now. She looked healthy and was chatty. Her quiet confidence was a glorious thing to observe and be a part of. The first set-up was always traditionally to see where we’re at with lighting levels and all the other details as a reference so all involved can see ‘the look” and if we’re all happy or not? Once everything was settled we got 5-6 great setups, which I’m happy with to this day. As a photographer on the day, you’re watching all the tiny minutia of details to do with lighting, shudder, stop and depth of field but….the fan inside is tuning in to the soul and essence of the subject to see any moment of pure uniqueness which will show their inner beauty and uniqueness. Showing a side that nobody has seen previously which was high on my goals list. Setting the technical palate was a no brainier but digging deeper was something that happened only when the technical became second nature during prime time. Photo: ©Kevin Westenberg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:59 am 

Loren Haynes photography

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:08 pm 

Hi-res version

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76