It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:03 pm 

Citizens!:

'With a bit of PJ Harvey soundtracking their journey, the Citizens! boys are headed to Nottingham in the latest instalment of the tour diary the band have been keeping for DIY.'

[...]

'The main thing that's going on is a beautiful sunset across the lower midlands. Get 'Let England Shake' on the stereo, we're off to Historical Nottinghamshire.'

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles ... -part-ten/

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 pm 

Christian Lembach of the Whores. A sort of admiration!:

'The label's owner refused to listen to our record because our name offended him. We emailed back and forth for a few days. I tried to assure him that we were not Neanderthal rednecks from Georgia, but he wasn't having it. The last email I sent him was a paper I wrote for my literary criticism class. It was a feminist reading of PJ Harvey's 'Rid of Me.' I got an A. I'm not kidding.'

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/03/13/whores-ruiner/

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:59 am 

Dick Valentine(Electric Six): "During the work on "Switzerland" I've heard a lot of crazy PJ Harvey. I just love her style, as she dances as she walks, how she sings ... She is truly an inspiration to me."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 pm 

edit:
oh Dick, I love ElectricSix,
I personally had a crush on The Colonel....

now I remember a pic they took on a festival backstage...
still is on theyr website
UK + Europe - Aug 03
pj harvey @ rock en seine festival, paris.
http://www.electricsix.com/photos.php

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:16 am 

Bono and The Edge - name Let England Shake as one of their favourite albums of 2011. Let England Shake is the favourite off the album.

http://sharemyplaylists.com/bono-and-ed ... songs-of-2

Sharon Van Etten has Rid Of Me on her playlist:

http://sharemyplaylists.com/fingerplayl ... onvanetten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 pm 

Robert Smith: ""I was vilified by a lot of the mainstream media - particularly online where there's a vested interest - who tried to turn it into like, ' Oh, I don't wanna give stuff away for free because I wanna make money out of it,' which is totally at odds with what we do because we often release stuff that's entirely for charity. We have no interest in making money out of everything we do, we never have. My point is it devalues the art and I hold by it. To me it's worth something. I'm happy to pay for PJ Harvey's new album. And I think anyone should be because it brings me hours of entertainment and pleasure, so why should it be the one area of life where it's free? It doesn't make any sense to me."

http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/201...n-new-nme.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:20 pm 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Robert Smith: ""I was vilified by a lot of the mainstream media - particularly online where there's a vested interest - who tried to turn it into like, ' Oh, I don't wanna give stuff away for free because I wanna make money out of it,' which is totally at odds with what we do because we often release stuff that's entirely for charity. We have no interest in making money out of everything we do, we never have. My point is it devalues the art and I hold by it. To me it's worth something. I'm happy to pay for PJ Harvey's new album. And I think anyone should be because it brings me hours of entertainment and pleasure, so why should it be the one area of life where it's free? It doesn't make any sense to me."

http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/201...n-new-nme.html

Thankyou, Polly_Jean_Cave. I looked through a copy this week, wondering if he mentioned Polly, but I didn't spot that! She does have an impressive list of admirers. Proper musicians. :-)

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:04 am 

Twiggy Ramirez(Manson's band): "Twiggy attended a PJ Harvey concert last week" (oct 98)

Elvis Costello: ""Most bands seem to drone around the same rhythmic pattern that has been derived from [the Beatles'] 'I Am the Walrus' or something and it's like a re-creation of something I've already seen before," Costello said. "There are singers that I like, individual singers I like ... I went to get PJ Harvey's new record." (oct 98)

Shirley Manson: "17. Who The ****? - P.J. Harvey" (list of some of her recent favourites 06)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:28 am 
Site Admin

^ See there, Elvis knows! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:53 am 

Courtney Love: "Catherine de barra-I love that polly jean lyric- I envy to murderous envy your lover."

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:05 am 

Geoff Barrow (twitter): "After a heavy pub conversation we rekon that little John might be right that "let England shake" might be the best album in a decade"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:31 pm 

It's fun to hear each time how much Geoff Barrow appreciates Polly's work. Though there's a lot of "might be" in that tweet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 pm 

Wow danke for all these infos..

Always pleased to read that PJ is being praised by critics.. artists.. and fans (or not)

Keep it up^^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 pm 

Anthony Kiedis: "Kiedis and producer/writer Brendan Mullen worked the turntables. Their choices included PJ Harvey's "Down by the Water," and cuts by Blonde Redhead, Funkadelic, Betty Page and Syd Barrett."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 pm 

Dave Stewart(Eurythmics): "I love Curve's new album, PJ Harvey, and lots of sort of minor, indie underground British bands."

Skin(Skunk Anansie): "Cites influences including Sly Stone, the Sex Pistols, Public Enemy, Black Sabbath and PJ Harvey."

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 44  Next