It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:53 pm 

Quote:
One woman. Her journey. Her decisions. Sandra Hüller (Oscar nominee for Anatomy of a Fall) sings and acts the leading role, embarking on an epic journey through extreme emotional and mental landscapes. She is joined by dancers, including some from the Ballet national de Marseille, directed by the revolutionary artistic collective (LA)HORDE, Marine Brutti, Jonathan Debrouwer and Arthur Harel who also co-choreographed Madonna’s Celebration Tour. We follow the protagonist’s attempts to become her true self, defying the roles and expectations society has for her. She reinvents herself in every encounter, every relationship and every city. With I Want Absolute Beauty Ivo Van Hove opens Ruhrtriennale 2024. This emphatic music theatre production with chosen songs by alternative rock star PJ Harvey shows how we can overcome obstacles, grow from them and finally accept that we can only take life as it comes. And that can feel really good!

Quote:
„There’s no greater thing for me than to feel like I’ve been able to give something of value to other people in this world.“—PJ Harvey

16.08.-30.08.2024, Jahrhunderthalle Bochum

https://www.ruhrtriennale.de/en/program ... beauty/144

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:59 pm 

You beat me to it by a minute! I just posted the same thing then realised I was too slow, so I've deleted mine again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:04 pm 

Haha, well, I was actually surprised there was no thread yet!

TBH the idea of a one-actor jukebox musical sounds dreadful but it’s Sandra Hüller so I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt; she’s brilliant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:39 pm 

there's a detail in the photo that caught my attention.
PJ often wears a cross, but this time there's what looks like a wedding ring with it.
i wonder if it's her father's wedding ring? wearing your father's wedding ring is something i've never seen or heard about here in Italy, but (After a google research) it looks like it's not something considered weird in english-speaking countries.

i'm not really a fan of not minding my own business, but for some reason i'm genuinely curious.
am i going crazy? is these weeks' overworking and sleep deprivation rotting my brain? :laugh:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:37 am 

Sebastiano Boina wrote:
there's a detail in the photo that caught my attention.
PJ often wears a cross, but this time there's what looks like a wedding ring with it.
i wonder if it's her father's wedding ring? wearing your father's wedding ring is something i've never seen or heard about here in Italy, but (After a google research) it looks like it's not something considered weird in english-speaking countries.

i'm not really a fan of not minding my own business, but for some reason i'm genuinely curious.
am i going crazy? is these weeks' overworking and sleep deprivation rotting my brain? :laugh:

Interesting! it belonging to her father seems as good a guess as any...

Is it the same one she's wearing in this picture? or am I seeing things lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:44 pm 

Isn't that Alessandro Stefana and Enrico Gabrielli?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 pm 

1011whoknows wrote:

that was my original thought... the hands look big! but it might be her?
someone else in the commen seems to think its her https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=18 ... 2707418808

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:38 pm 

Romario11 wrote:
1011whoknows wrote:

that was my original thought... the hands look big!

That's definitely a man haha https://www.instagram.com/p/BWvDk__jjKZ ... V0d3U3eQ== "with Enrico". It's funny though, people did joke about Enrico looking like a male version of her with the long straight hair of the Hope Six tour she was wearing.