It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: TV Series
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 pm 

Since we've got threads about movies and books, I thought that we need one about TV series (cause I believe that I am not the only one here, who likes to waste some time on them :eyeroll: ) :wink: Any favourites?

For me Grays Anatomy and Desperate Housewives become kind of addiction, since I watch a new episode every week (lets say, I'm curious if any of them would finish someday ;D ) . Watched whole The L Word and was deeply charmed by this one. And lately I'm watching "Lie to Me" (funny thing is that I started to watch it from 10 episode cause of Jennifer Beals starring there <3) - for me it's like mix of "Dr. House", "Bones" and "CSI", but I like it :)

Post subject: Re: TV Series
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm 

LOST, True Blood & Grey's Anatomy are definetly my favorites
I also watch Six Feet Under, Lie To Me, The New Adventures of old Christine.
I'm thinking about start watching Dexter after I finish Six Feet Under.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 pm 

I'm quite enamored with a few of the following:

Glee - Yeah its a musical, cheesy esque show, but damn it, its so much fun to watch and Jane Lynch is too damn awesome!

Mad Men - Great show, full of nuance. Beautiful cast, greatly acted. Look forward to it with great anticipation and I cannot wait for season 4.

Skins - It's a bit of a guilty pleasure and I love Naomily's story line :green: (they better not break em up!)

Project Runway - Last season was a bit of a snore fest, and I'm hoping this season is better. It always reminds me of my time in school. Crazy deadlines man.

Modern Family - I've only caught it a few times(since its on at the same time as Glee) but its quite a funny little show! Should be an hour long.

Fringe - I just started checking this show out and its not as good as the X-Files, but it will do.

Bones - Same as above, it reminds me of the X-Files and i love the chemistry between the main characters.

(i'll come back to this list later, off to lunch!)

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm 

i don't watch TV series often but recently i've watched 2 first seasons of Skins in 3 days :D don't really know why, because sometimes it's really simple and stupid, but i love it :) i tried to watch 3 season too but i didn't like first few episodes so i stopped trying.
also recently i started to watch House. i didn't like for a looooong time because "everybody was watching it", but then i've read somewhere that there was The Kills song in some episode, i found it just to see this song, but i've watched full episode and since then i'm watching House xD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 pm 

megique wrote:
but then i've read somewhere that there was The Kills song in some episode, i found it just to see this song, but i've watched full episode and since then i'm watching House xD

I've read that "Down by the water" is in "Numb3rs", but I couldn't find in which episode exactly, so I left the idea of watching the whole thing ^^'
I was watching LOST few years ago, when first season was aired in Poland and really liked it then (and music is really great *_*), but never felt like watching new seasons, so now I'm just listening to LOST's soundtrack from time to time ;3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

I loved 6 Feet Under and watched the whole series when it aired. I'm currently working my way through Madmen on DVD.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 pm 

megique wrote:
i don't watch TV series often but recently i've watched 2 first seasons of Skins in 3 days :D don't really know why, because sometimes it's really simple and stupid, but i love it :) i tried to watch 3 season too but i didn't like first few episodes so i stopped trying.
also recently i started to watch House. i didn't like for a looooong time because "everybody was watching it", but then i've read somewhere that there was The Kills song in some episode, i found it just to see this song, but i've watched full episode and since then i'm watching House xD

Haha, that's the reason why I started checking out Six Feet Under, because a PJ song was in it! It's such a great, timeless show.

I forgot True Blood as well! Even though I'm hoping to have less of the Sookie +BEEL love crap next season. :wink:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 pm 

AvrKadavr wrote:
I was watching LOST few years ago, when first season was aired in Poland and really liked it then (and music is really great *_*), but never felt like watching new seasons, so now I'm just listening to LOST's soundtrack from time to time ;3

the same with me. i watched the first season on TV and i really liked it. it was quite a long time ago ;)
oh, and i've just remembered that some time ago i was also watching NCIS.

yeaah, music is a good reason to start watching something ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 am 

I don't spend much time watching T.V I prefer to put my viewing time into good flix but in recent years I've enjoyed

Six Feet Under
Dexter
True Blood
Durham County
Deadwood (very cool but to short)

Oh and Coronation St. :blush:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
bluesman905 wrote:
I don't spend much time watching T.V I prefer to put my viewing time into good flix but in recent years I've enjoyed

classic :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am 

mart wrote:
bluesman905 wrote:

classic :)

Been hooked since I was a teenager :shades:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Spoiler! :
The L Word was great until they killed Dana and ruined the show.

My current favorite is Dexter, followed by Weeds. Looking forward to the last season of Lost, I think the show had lost itself after the first season but it went back on track and it's great now. I also watch Grey's Anatomy for the the 5 seconds of Calzona per episode and Law and Order: SVU cause I love the ADAs. I've watched the first episode of Mad Men and intend to watch everything now, haven't started yet cause I haven't had much free time lately.

Best show ever, Six Feet Under.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 pm 

Pocket Knife wrote:
The L Word was great until they killed Dana and ruined the show.

Yeap, that was really cruel O_o But I've enjoyed this show even after that. Last season was my favourite, I think ;)

Just started "Weeds'' with my sister, it should be fun :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

AvrKadavr wrote:
Last season was my favourite, I think ;)

The last one? :shock: Who-killed-Jenny season? I think Season 5 was a slight improvement from 4, but the 6th has got to be the most badly written thing I've ever seen in my life.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:27 pm 

^
Agreed. The last season was a complete waste and a horrible way to end a series. I was glad Jenny was offed. She shoulda been offed from the get go though, IMO :P

Weeds is pretty hilarious. You'll laugh your ass off. Though the last few seasons have been hit/miss with me. Nancy has got to be the luckiest woman alive.

FaceplaceEl Jay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next