It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 pm 

It's for her outdoor festival performance of Dress with Rob Ellis and Mick Harvey circa 2003.

I guess it's a video that started showing up in a bunch of people's suggested youtube viewing lists this week. Hence, there is comment after comment after comment in relatively quick succession (for a PJ video anyway). And many without any clue as to who she is. Many comments like, "she sucks", "this sucks" mixed in with, "she's hot", "she's great", etc.

Weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A29BMj3v86w

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:38 pm 

I had a fairly long, ahem, discussion with somebody commenting on this video a year or so ago. He gave up in the end (I like to think because of my well argued points about her undeniable talent, but perhaps he just got bored).

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm 

ha ha, I think I know what comment exchange you were referring to. Sounds familiar, maybe I chimed in too. :smile:

The more comments I look at, the more irritated I become, so I suggest no one else go and read them! Lots of stupidity.

On a general not, it's funny how many negative comments you read on youtube are from people that don't seem to have active accounts. You click upon their username and find nothing there. Since everything is tied together now (google, gmail, youtube, etc.), isn't it difficult to create multiple new accounts? Unless it's people who genuinely don't have any sustaining interests on youtube, ie., favorites lists, subscriptions, etc.?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:20 pm 

Not reading the comments is generally advisable for anything online!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:27 pm 

Yes, too true. Especially anything political or religious or ethnicity related. Beyond depressing.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:33 pm 

I know, but I can't let it lie! I think I'm actually using other people's opinions to test my own, to clarify my own thoughts about something. I try to argue in a rational way - if someone's prepared to offer a decent argument back! It's usually pretty pointless unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:26 pm 

.. I know what you mean. If people feel attacked, they're only going to dig in their heels further so you gotta play the diplomatically informative rhetorical card.

3 in a row, how nice:

Drones Eye View Ireland 22 hours ago
The band members have a great view of that ass.....But shes a terrible guitar in fairness ,If she wasnt a sexy chick she would have probably got nowhere.

jenbill1602 22 hours ago
Pretty girl but needs to let someone else play guitar that was bad

Javier Espana 1 day ago
She made me cry !, she is a killer !!!! (of music)

Oh well. :eek:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:41 pm 

One of my favorite PJ videos. The "Rid of Me" performance from the 2001 Big Day Out also seems to have a lot of activity as well (mostly because it kicks ass, I'm sure!)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:10 am 

Are we really getting all worked up about people trolling PJ videos on YouTube? ;) Don't pay those half-illiterate basement-dwelling fedora-wearing neckbeards no mind. I also wish they'd stick to jerking off to Creed guitar solos instead of hating on Polly just because she's a successful and talented woman, but oh well, what can you do. Internet anonymity really does bring out the worst in some people.

There are plenty browser extensions that block/hide comments on YouTube; I recommend trying them out.