I've never seen any of these before.

Post subject: Re: VHS profusion @ eBay
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:00 am 

Skinned wrote:
VHS are strange entities. And so retro. :grin:

On eBay at the moment

The Wind promo VHS

http://cgi.ebay.it/PJ-Harvey-The-Wind-U ... 286.c0.m14

I've noticed there are no complete versions of "The Wind" video available for download at The Garden. Is there anyone out there who's got this promo VHS, or anyone who wants to bid on it and own it? If so, if you've also got the technological capability to rip VHS to hard disk, it would be nice for someone to share the video in its best quality. I've still not figured out how there are vinyl rips of "Kick It to the Ground" on YouTube, but I'm sure glad someone did it! :smile:

Owen! Food! Don't you in-a-minute momma me! Get off your fat little ass or I'll break it for you! I want two soft-boiled eggs, white toast, and some of that grape jelly, God Damnit! And don't burn the toast! Move it, fat boy!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 am 

I came across a video site that has some of Maria Mochnacz's work with interesting background on the shoots, including a full length version of The Wind. There are a bunch of other Maria/PJ videos and interestingly it says an Angelene video is 'coming soon'.

http://www.retro-juice.com/promos/maria ... e-wind.php

GerriSferrazza wrote:
Skinned wrote:
VHS are strange entities. And so retro. :grin:

On eBay at the moment

The Wind promo VHS

http://cgi.ebay.it/PJ-Harvey-The-Wind-U ... 286.c0.m14

I've noticed there are no complete versions of "The Wind" video available for download at The Garden. Is there anyone out there who's got this promo VHS, or anyone who wants to bid on it and own it? If so, if you've also got the technological capability to rip VHS to hard disk, it would be nice for someone to share the video in its best quality. I've still not figured out how there are vinyl rips of "Kick It to the Ground" on YouTube, but I'm sure glad someone did it! :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:27 am 

GerriSferrazza wrote:
Skinned wrote:

Thought the same! But I haven't the means for ripping :(
The Uh Huh Her VHS has also the video for Who the Fuck? and The Letter :D I dream of HD!

Maybe we should open a "The Garden fund" to buy these wonderful things. Nope? :eyeroll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 am 

I have no way of playing PAL VHS, never mind the capture.
Shame, I would have liked to add a couple of these to my collection.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:40 pm 

Is there anybody out there who's got the technological capability to rip vinyl to hard disk (.WAV, not .MP3)?

GerriSferrazza wrote:
I've still not figured out how there are vinyl rips of "Kick It to the Ground" on YouTube, but I'm sure glad someone did it! :smile:

Owen! Food! Don't you in-a-minute momma me! Get off your fat little ass or I'll break it for you! I want two soft-boiled eggs, white toast, and some of that grape jelly, God Damnit! And don't burn the toast! Move it, fat boy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:26 pm 

GerriSferrazza wrote:
Is there anybody out there who's got the technological capability to rip vinyl to hard disk (.WAV, not .MP3)?

GerriSferrazza wrote:
I've still not figured out how there are vinyl rips of "Kick It to the Ground" on YouTube, but I'm sure glad someone did it! :smile:

I have an edirol r-09, I figure I can go from my turntable pre-amp direct into the r-09 > wav
Haven't done it yet but it should work well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:06 am 

bluesman905 wrote:
GerriSferrazza wrote:

GerriSferrazza wrote:

I have an edirol r-09, I figure I can go from my turntable pre-amp direct into the r-09 > wav

Oh, thank you so much, bluesman905! There are four tracks exclusive to their vinyl releases; "Heaven", "Dance", "Angelene (from Lamacq Live)", & "Kick It To The Ground". I'd love to have lossless wav versions of these rare tracks. As well, I'm sure everybody else would appreciate it. Although, "Angelene (from Lamacq Live)" is included on a 4 Track CD Promo http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F788387Y, it's most likely so rare that nobody's got it their collection. I've never seen it on eBay, or anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:24 am 

GerriSferrazza wrote:
I've noticed there are no complete versions of "The Wind" video available for download at The Garden. Is there anyone out there who's got this promo VHS, or anyone who wants to bid on it and own it? If so, if you've also got the technological capability to rip VHS to hard disk, it would be nice for someone to share the video in its best quality.

I got the VHS of The Wind yesterday.
I never thought it could have a full artwork!
I hope to get my hands on a VHS recorder as soon as possibile. Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 pm 

GerriSferrazza wrote:
bluesman905 wrote:
GerriSferrazza wrote:

GerriSferrazza wrote:

Oh, thank you so much, bluesman905! There are four tracks exclusive to their vinyl releases; "Heaven", "Dance", "Angelene (from Lamacq Live)", & "Kick It To The Ground". I'd love to have lossless wav versions of these rare tracks. As well, I'm sure everybody else would appreciate it. Although, "Angelene (from Lamacq Live)" is included on a 4 Track CD Promo http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F788387Y, it's most likely so rare that nobody's got it their collection. I've never seen it on eBay, or anywhere else.

bluesman905 wrote:
GerriSferrazza wrote:

GerriSferrazza wrote:

bluesman905, had any luck ripping vinyl, turntable pre-amp direct into the r-09 > wav?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:35 pm 

Might take a crack at it this weekend. We may have crossed wires though. I just re-read the thread and it may have seemed that I had the vinyl you were referring to and I don't. I was just talking about being capable of doing it. Actualy I guess I was the only one with the crossed wires :eyeroll: , sorry for the confusion Gerri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:34 pm 

bluesman905 wrote:
Might take a crack at it this weekend. We may have crossed wires though. I just re-read the thread and it may have seemed that I had the vinyl you were referring to and I don't. I was just talking about being capable of doing it. Actualy I guess I was the only one with the crossed wires :eyeroll: , sorry for the confusion Gerri

:tear:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 pm 

Skinned wrote:
GerriSferrazza wrote:
I've noticed there are no complete versions of "The Wind" video available for download at The Garden. Is there anyone out there who's got this promo VHS, or anyone who wants to bid on it and own it? If so, if you've also got the technological capability to rip VHS to hard disk, it would be nice for someone to share the video in its best quality.

I got the VHS of The Wind yesterday.
I never thought it could have a full artwork!
I hope to get my hands on a VHS recorder as soon as possibile. Stay tuned!

oh would that you could get this transferred into a format feasible for upload and sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:55 pm 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
oh would that you could get this transferred into a format feasible for upload and sharing!

I'll do it as soon as possible! Unfortunately I don't own a vhs recorder here. :???: