It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:16 am 

It's playing on Spotify now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:54 am 

Here you can buy WAV: http://www.junodownload.com/products/pj-harvey-the-wheel/2980917-02/.
Apparently it's working only for UK.
You also can play the sample of EVERY PART of the song you wish.

"Due to copyright restrictions you cannot buy this product in your country"

Last edited by Kuk91 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:57 am 

Kuk91 wrote:
[...]Polly established that she once considered "Homo Sappy Blues" to be a potential lead single, but literally in the space of one viewing session (45 minutes) Flood and John Parish dismissed it to "a shadow of its former self". These two grumps also slaughtered "The Boy". )))

don't know anything about "The Boy", what's the story? please

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 am 

Black Hearted Love wrote:
don't know anything about "The Boy", what's the story? please

http://www.thegardenforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2215&p=20920&hilit=The+Boy+John+Parish+Flood#p20920

"Then they listen to 3 different ("one worst than the other") versions of "The Boy". John Parish calls the song "bollocks", Flood says "It's not completely hideous", Polly wants to give it another chance."

"Sensing that Flood also didn’t want to waste time, she immediately offered a resolution that they’d set a time by which they’d decide."

From other article: "There was one occasion when someone in her team told her that a particular song was awful. It needed to be removed from the play list. Was she going to be the pop-diva and insist that it remain or would she listen and respect the opinion of others in her team? We saw her walk across to her list of songs stuck on the wall and using a red pen put a line through one of them. It was the way she did it that was special. It was tongue-in-cheek with mock sadness. Funny, honest and full of respect for her team. Wonderful!" [song is, probably, "The Boy"]"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:08 pm 

http://www.deezer.com/album/12231482

"The Wheel" (edit) - 03:59

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:06 pm 

New album's total length: 41:29.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01A09Z870

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:57 pm 

thank you kuk for the answer

wonder if the cd version will be only jewel case or also digipack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:48 pm 

I was lucky enough to also be at the Recording In Progress sessions more than once and heard Homo Sappy Blues many times during the first. As such, I'm sad it's not made the final cut as I like it a lot. AS others have said, hopefully it'll be a b-side. I'm also quite surprised that River Anacostia isn't the final track, as it really lends itself to that. I'm sure however that Dollar, Dollar will conclude the track-list brilliantly. When I heard Dollar, Dollar at Hollow of the Hand, I was initially thinking that it was a reworking of Homo Sappy Blues as there is a bit of similarity in the vocal melody - at least in the live version to me.

I'm enjoying, but not a huge fan of The Wheel at the moment - though I often find myself growing into her tracks over time. When I first heard it at Hollow of the Hand (and I offer my sincerest apologies for this) I thought the chorus was based upon the verses of Coldplay's 'Clocks', in the same manner as Let England Shake linked to 'Istanbul (not Constantinople)'.

'The lights go out and I can't be saved / tides that I tried to swim against / have brought me down upon my knees / oh I beg, I beg and plead.'
'Hey little children don’t disappear / I heard it was 28,000 / Lost upon a revolving wheel / I heard it was 28,000.'

Probably nothing more than a coincidence, as often happens in melody, but the similarity unfortunately dominates my enjoyment of the track. I'll hopefully grow out of it though.

Really looking forward to the album - I loved the Hollow of the Hand show and the sounds at Recording in Progress and can't wait to hear how the studio version ends up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:32 pm 

I hope it's a digipak… I hate jewel cases.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm 

Here's high resolution (source: Apple) artwork for The Hope Six Demolition Project and The Wheel.

We should start a colouring competition.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm 

error wrote:

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 pm 

ps: I used the excellent iTunes Artwork Finder to grab the hyperlink (check 'Album' and 'United Kingdom').

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:32 pm 

Yes I def noticed a resemblance with the Coldplay melody. You know, there are only so many notes that sometimes melodies will sound a bit similar at times. Probably a coincidence.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm 

Blackie wrote:
Kuk91 wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Anyone else find it kinda funny how she's reading the lyrics as she's singing them in the album preview video? Considering how long she spends working on the words of her songs these days it's a little odd that she can't remember them in the studio. Perhaps the lyrics went through many versions/revisions and it's hard to keep track of their final incarnation. I find it kind of endearing actually.

I haven't watched the video yet, but she's ALWAYS have the lyrics with her on stage (at least since "Is This Desire?" tour - probably, just for confidence), she's constantly looking at them even in those solo videos for "LES". I think maybe she has a fear of forgetting the words on stage?

Oh that's interesting ! Didn't realize she'd been doing it for that long. I can definitely respect that she wants to sing the words exactly as they are meant to be.

I too am surprised that Homo Sappy Blues isn't gonna be on the album, though I admire that she's still a rigorous editor. I have a feeling it'll pop up as a B-side.

For promo videos, she may have lyric sheets nearby (never really noticed that), but for live shows I don't think she's ever used teleprompters or lyric sheets. I do recall that she forgot lyrics a few times during the Stories tour and perhaps more frequently on the UHH tour (accompanied by much laughter on stage). I've always suspected that that may be the reason that starting with the WC tour the set lists were essentially the same (or very close to the same) for each gig.

Regarding The Wheel, I'll have to confess I think the 1:26 instrumental intro goes on a bit too long :blush:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:20 pm 

I just noticed how at the end of Bizarre 1998 set she grabbed some papers with a photo from "A Perfect Day, Elise" single cover on the back (they seemed like a few papers, so I guess it's not only the setlist), also sometimes (in other videos) when she drinks water you can notice some papers laying around - she's not really looking at them at all, that's why I went ahead and guessed what that's the lyrics that she's brought just for the confidence or "just in the case". I surely might be wrong, that was rather a speculation on my side.

But I do remember how hilarious and cute it was when she mistook the verses on "Send His Love to Me" at John Peel's 60th birthday gig with John Parish: "Oh NOOO, I've forgotten the words / I'll make them up as I go along". )))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next