It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:48 pm 

from Facebook
Quote:
More UK Shows For September: In addition to performing at The Electric Picnic (Ireland) & Bestival, PJ Harvey has confirmed 2 more UK dates for Sept. Performances are slated for Glasgow’s Concert Hall on Sept 4th & Manchester’s Apollo on the 8th. Tickets for both shows go on-sale on Fri June 3rd at 9am & available from: Glasgow – http://www.seetickets.com/ & Manchester - http://www.gigsandtours.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:35 pm 

olivier101 wrote:
from Facebook
Quote:
More UK Shows For September: In addition to performing at The Electric Picnic (Ireland) & Bestival, PJ Harvey has confirmed 2 more UK dates for Sept. Performances are slated for Glasgow’s Concert Hall on Sept 4th & Manchester’s Apollo on the 8th. Tickets for both shows go on-sale on Fri June 3rd at 9am & available from: Glasgow – http://www.seetickets.com/ & Manchester - http://www.gigsandtours.com/

I wonder if these shows will be for seated audiences, or not. I know that the Manchester Apollo Theatre allows for either seating or standing on the floor, but how about the Glasgow Concert Hall? by the way, is this the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall or the City Hall?
(according to this website, the GRCH appears to have either seating or standing as optional floor arrangements: http://www.glasgowconcerthalls.com/seatingplans)
anybody with previous personal experience of this venue who could elucidate us about its characteristics?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:55 am 

Glasgow’s Concert Hall on Sept 4th - Good call on the venue - best acoustics in town - should sound great.
Majority of stuff is all seated, if I'm thinking right.
Reckon this one will be as well.

S.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:31 am 

it now appears that the Manchester show will be for a standing floor.
tickets are already being peddled on eBay (for twice the nominal price, seller claiming these tickets "are in stock" already) even though officially tickets don't go onsale before another 30 hours, so what is this!? some inside collusion allowing touts a special allotment...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:45 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
it now appears that the Manchester show will be for a standing floor.
tickets are already being peddled on eBay (for twice the nominal price, seller claiming these tickets "are in stock" already) even though officially tickets don't go onsale before another 30 hours, so what is this!? some inside collusion allowing touts a special allotment...

yes seen that too were did they get the tickets from i wonder? are they bluffing and just hoping to make money perhaps?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:10 am 

Why does PJ Harvey hate America? :tear: (it just seems less and less likely that a US tour will happen. Still jealous of you lot who get to see her.)

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:21 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
^ she's just been to America, you are soo greedy you lot :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:22 pm 

mart wrote:
^ she's just been to America, you are soo greedy you lot :wink:

Number of shows in the US: 3? 4?

Number of shows in Europe: 32165465453 <---exaggeration for emphasis. :wink:

Number of times I've seen her live this tour? 0. :tear:

*continues to be patient.*

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 pm 

Three shows, skipped Chicago and Los Angeles.
Come back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm 

I'm surprised there's been no Australia or NZ gigs. I expected she would've had some at the start of the tour.

I think the problem is she really doesn't like the grind of touring. She's probably doing just enough to make the financials work out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:02 pm 

DrDark wrote:
I'm surprised there's been no Australia or NZ gigs. I expected she would've had some at the start of the tour.

I think the problem is she really doesn't like the grind of touring. She's probably doing just enough to make the financials work out.

I remember Polly mentioning that she was hoping to do Australia/New Zealand gigs in an interview. I think it was on The Radcliffe and Maconie show on Radio 2.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 pm 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:59 pm 

Lara wrote:
Regarding tickets for sale on ebay: there is no way they could possibly have got hold of tickets before tomorrow morning. It's a scam. Stay well clear I say.

however much I deplore the tactics employed, the particular seller I mentioned (and quoted) does have a very massive (and very good) feedback ratio from previous buyers, so I wouldn't think it's a scam, rather a lie to say that they already got the tickets "in stock", because they might be planning to buy a number of tickets tomorrow in order to resell them (unless they really got some inside connection whereby some tickets are withheld from the regular sale and handed over to touts).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:39 pm 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 am 

Lara wrote:
If someone is selling tickets they haven't bought yet, call it false advertising if you like, but it's a scam in my book and a risky buy for the bidder.

You've got just as much chance buying tickets from a legitimate seller in the morning, if you're logged on and ready to click 'buy' the second they go on sale as well as the patience and time to be persistant.

I'm not arguing against your adverse attitude to these ticket touts, on the contrary.

edit:
there are other eBay sellers who offer tickets for specific seats (all in the Circle). how can they know precisely which seats, unless they already got the tickets? (this is amazing enough, if it's true they must have had advance access to these tickets.0