It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: LES Redesign Project
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:25 pm 

Just wanted some opinions please as to whether you think these images work for the material?
It's for a CD redesign student project (PDF file), and I'm approaching it like it was a Special Ed. w/ The Nightingale, with outer card packaging too (with Polly on the front cover this time obviously :wink: ).
I guess it's a bit open to personal interpretation though, as Pollys always saying.

The original is b+w, minimalist for understandable reasons, so I've tried to keep to that kind of form, though a bit more decorative (script rather than monotype, 'shaking' text). I usually scour the internet looking for images for this kind of thing, but Seamus Murphys site was perfect for most of them, well worth a visit. I think I might have run out of ideas when I got to the Nightingale though :eyeroll:

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: LES Redesign Project
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:54 am 

I like it a lot. I think the images work very well, I'm not so crazy about the font though.
I wish the actual booklet wasn't as naked. She had an amazing photographer working for her, you'd think they would make the booklet a little more interesting.

Post subject: Re: LES Redesign Project
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:45 am 

Thanks, I'll experiment with some more fonts I think. I interpreted the booklet to be a neutral/'make your own mind up' kind of thing, though seems a pity in other ways as you say. I guess monotype might be associated with old typewriters/WW1 era telegrams maybe.