It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:56 am 

Yippee :grin: . I'd already booked for both days, this is a huge bonus though obviously, Grinderman are there too. Been to lots of ATP's now and can't recommend them enough.

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/ibymportishead.php

Subject: PJ Harvey and more added to I'll Be Your Mirror London w/ Portishead
As recently announced, on the weekend of 23rd and 24th July 2011 at the stunning Alexandra Palace, London, All Tomorrow's Parties will present the first UK I'll Be Your Mirror event, which will be curated by the mercurial Portishead (who headline both nights) and ATP. Acting as sister events to the world famous ATP Festivals which usually take place in holiday resorts, and named after the b-side to The Velvet Underground's original All Tomorrow's Parties 7" single, I'll Be Your Mirror will be a new series of artist curated music, film and art events taking place in cities worldwide, and the London event promises to be an incredible 2 days of the best music, art and film in the Capital.

Portishead will headline both nights, with a different stunning supporting line-up joining them each day. Tickets will cost £59 per day with weekend tickets priced at £100. These are the only scheduled UK shows Portishead will play in 2011.

Today we are very pleased to announce the addition of the following to Saturday 23rd July...

Very special guests:

PJ HARVEY

as well as...

DD/MM/YYYY

and for Sunday 24th July we can add...

S.C.U.M.

With much more to be confirmed for both the Saturday and Sunday line-ups. Here is the current schedule for each day...

Saturday 23rd July

PORTISHEAD
PJ HARVEY
DOOM
COMPANY FLOW (original line-up - first UK show in 10 years)
THE BOOKS
FACTORY FLOOR
BEAK>
DD/MM/YYYY
& MORE TBC

Sunday 24th July

PORTISHEAD
GRINDERMAN
SWANS
BEACH HOUSE
LIARS
THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC
ANIKA
S.C.U.M.
& MORE TBC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm 

oh wow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 pm 

what great line-ups

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:48 am 

Can anyone tell me if Portishead and PJ will clash on the Saturday night?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:49 pm 

No they won't, they play the same stage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:49 pm 

Line-up is truly amazing. Got tickets and flights booked, going to London just for this. Bit of a dream come true, seeing two of my all-time favourites (PJ and Portishead) live the same night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:01 pm 

RedGretsch wrote:
Line-up is truly amazing. Got tickets and flights booked, going to London just for this. Bit of a dream come true, seeing two of my all-time favourites (PJ and Portishead) live the same night.

Definately, 2/5 of my dream line-up.

The last time Portishead curated, John Parish played immediately after them and we were all hoping for that special guest moment, but didn't happen :( (he was great though)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 am 

Was a very good event (Saturday). Really well organized (except for the food queues perhaps). And I have to say ATP probably had the nicest staff I've encountered in any festival/music event so far.

Very relaxed atmosphere, saw some of the artists checking out other bands among the audience etc. And if I'm not completely mistaken Beth Gibbons was getting a drink in the pub as we passed by. :shocked: No sight of Polly off-stage though.

PJ and Portishead were great and some of Saturday's "smaller" bands were pretty interesting too (quite liked dd/mm/yy and Beak> for instance).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 pm 

ATP is generally the antidote to the more commercial festivals out there, the artists always mix it up with the fans, often impromptu collaborations too.
Alexandra Palace was great though the sound is heaps better at the usual venue (Minehead). GY!BE early Sunday was the best set I've seen this year I think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:32 pm 

Yes GYBE was amazing. I've never listened to them although I'm well into postrock and instrumental bands. I had goosebumps in 20 minutes-sessions. Elevating. Some songs felt like riding towards the sky, defying gravity like a rocket and then finally reach above the cloud where there is stillness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:53 pm 

RedGretsch wrote:
No sight of Polly off-stage though.

What a surprise ;)