It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Euro dates May 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
weren't they supposed to start selling tickets for the Amsterdam 30th May show today? but so far nothing has happened. (at least there's no sign of it on the Live Nation website.)

I bought mine yesterday through www.ticketmaster.nl

At this moment tickets are still available. Hurry !!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
Copenhagen is where I saw Polly (live in reality) for the first time and it happened at the opera house, which is why I find it rather hard to agree on saying anything disparaging about the place

Oh I was there too, I found the place awesome! (not to mention Polly's performance)
Surely totally posh but undeniably beautiful, and quite a change from Hay-On-Wye's mud and tents :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 pm 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
Skladunk wrote:
Pollyphoniac wrote:
could you imagine Polly (his unknown descendant) coming to explore her ancestral roots in Odense? :wink:

I most certainly could - and surely believe she should...
I mean what's Copenhagen (and their posh opera house) compared to the cradle of modern fairytales and storytelling?!?! :angry:
Not much...
(think i'll text her this mornin' jst to remind her ('Come home, to ur son, TOMORROW MIGHT NEVER COME'))

Copenhagen is where I saw Polly (live in reality) for the first time and it happened at the opera house, which is why I find it rather hard to agree on saying anything disparaging about the place, however... if she should come to Odense, I would surely not spend more time in Copenhagen than it takes to get on the next train to "Odin's shrine". :smile:
(yeah, travelling like a faithful follower of Polly-theism.)

I know, to be honest, it's a grand house - as concert houses go. Have only been there once, though (5 hours of Carmen... :shocked: ).
But speaking of mythology (in some sense or other): Not long ago, Harry Potter's mum whatshername-GRowling-something received a new award named after said H.C.Harvey(-something) - maybe Polly'll be next :laugh: There's been some bewilderment as to who could follow after her (do we have any in mind :question: )
See u then, then, I guess :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 pm 

Hey, guess who got two tickets to amsterdam as an early christmas present? :D
My MOM is the BEST SANTA a PJ fan would wish!!!

So exited! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:15 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
agejus wrote:
Hey, guess who got two tickets to amsterdam as an early christmas present? :D
My MOM is the BEST SANTA a PJ fan would wish!!!

So exited! :)

lucky you :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:08 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
now that there's a 2nd show scheduled for Lisbon, it looks like the pattern from February (two shows in each location) will repeat itself in May.

25th May: Lisbon, 1st show
26th May: Lisbon, 2nd show
28th May: city X, 1st show (yet to be announced)
29th May: city X, 2nd show (yet to be announced)
31st May: Amsterdam, 1st show
1st June: Amsterdam, 2nd show (yet to be announced)

I just discovered that a second show in Amsterdam is somewhat less likely since the Paradiso is already booked for 1st June. (but not for 30th May, so they could stage another show the day before the first one.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:32 pm 

Quote:

Second Show Confirmed For Amsterdam

We are pleased to announce that, following the sell-out of the May 31st performance, a second show has been added. Taking place on May 30th in The Paradiso, tickets are now on-sale from www.mojo.nl and all usual outlets.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:11 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
Pollyphoniac wrote:
now that there's a 2nd show scheduled for Lisbon, it looks like the pattern from February (two shows in each location) will repeat itself in May.

I just discovered that a second show in Amsterdam is somewhat less likely since the Paradiso is already booked for 1st June. (but not for 30th May, so they could stage another show the day before the first one.)

Pollyphoniac you are right with your 2nd Amsterdam show.Any ideas for city x yet?:-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:12 am 

wickedtongue wrote:
Pollyphoniac wrote:
Pollyphoniac wrote:

Pollyphoniac you are right with your 2nd Amsterdam show.Any ideas for city x yet?:-)

it is very significant that they chose the later date (31st May) for the 1st show in Amsterdam, rather than the earlier date (30th May). this reverse chronological order clearly goes to show that if there hadn't been sufficient demand for two gigs in Amsterdam, they would have preferred the single concert there to be held on the later date. and why? obviously because they would have liked a day extra to move the show from city x to Amsterdam. could this mean that city x is closer geographically to Lisbon than it is to Amsterdam? or maybe it's closer to Amsterdam and that's why they were willing to take the risk of having no spare day before playing there? in either case, why haven't the shows in city x been announced yet? perhaps they've been waiting to set the dates (or even the exact location) only after knowing if they need to be in Amsterdam on 30th May.

it seems rather safe to assume that there'll be a gig or two in Spain, either immediately before or after those in Lisbon. let's say they should play in Spain before Portugal, then what country is located geographically between Portugal and Holland? France is the obvious one, but maybe too obvious. and perhaps they wouldn't repeat going to Paris again so soon (having done it in February), but maybe they'll play some other city in France? or in Belgium? but if they should play in Spain after Portugal, they would pass over France (and Belgium) to travel all the way to Holland. doesn't that seem like a rather big jump in a touring schedule?

but travelling distances within Europe are fairly short after all, so maybe it's foolish to think like this. there's no compelling practical need for city x to be geographically in-between Portugal and Holland or on a direct route between Lisbon and Amsterdam. it might as well be Milan or Zurich or Frankfurt.

anyway it is certain they won't play a gig at the geographical halfway point between Lisbon and Amsterdam.

Last edited by Pollyphoniac on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:15 pm 

Polly said that the band would be back to play on festivals.

Spain is near Portugal and the Primavera Sound will take place from 26 to 28 of May so, who knows? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:04 pm 

Second Amsterdam Show announced

Second Show Confirmed For Amsterdam
We are pleased to announce that, following the sell-out of the May 31st performance, a second show has been added. Taking place on May 30th in The Paradiso, tickets are now on-sale from www.mojo.nl and all usual outlets.