It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:33 pm 

Polly played a solo headline show back in June '08 at the Goudi Olympic Complex in Athens, Greece. The capacity for the badminton space she played is 5,000 seats. Does anybody happen to know why she played such a large space in Athens as opposed to the smaller theaters in Warsaw, Oslo, St Petersburg, Moscow, and Berlin?

Owen! Food! Don't you in-a-minute momma me! Get off your fat little ass or I'll break it for you! I want two soft-boiled eggs, white toast, and some of that grape jelly, God Damnit! And don't burn the toast! Move it, fat boy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:27 pm 

I still remember the day... Monday 30/06/08 (that coming from someone who says "don't remember" all the time:)) ). Anyway i guess it was the most appropriate indoor place for a music concert (did she play outdoors during that tour?)...One more indoor place i can think of is the Faliron stadium which has almost the same capacity. There are also some clubs that many bands/singers come and play but they are too small, (for example Gagarin can have 1200 standing or 600 sitting)...And after all the theater was full, so it was a very good choice...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 pm 

How long has Gagarin been in existence? Since before 2001?

yotpan wrote:
I still remember the day... Monday 30/06/08 (that coming from someone who says "don't remember" all the time:)) ). Anyway i guess it was the most appropriate indoor place for a music concert (did she play outdoors during that tour?)...One more indoor place i can think of is the Faliron stadium which has almost the same capacity. There are also some clubs that many bands/singers come and play but they are too small, (for example Gagarin can have 1200 standing or 600 sitting)...And after all the theater was full, so it was a very good choice...

Owen! Food! Don't you in-a-minute momma me! Get off your fat little ass or I'll break it for you! I want two soft-boiled eggs, white toast, and some of that grape jelly, God Damnit! And don't burn the toast! Move it, fat boy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 pm 

Have you been there? Since 2002...There was also one more legendary club which is closed now..the Rodon club (1987-2005) in which Polly did a concert in 1995..and i missed..(a mistake i will not repeat again) :smile:

GerriSferrazza wrote:

yotpan wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 pm 

I was next going to ask you about Rodon. You read my mind. No, I'm not familiar with either of the clubs. I just wonder sometimes how long some of these venues have been around.

P.S. You mentioned that "…Polly did a concert in 1995…". There was just one? Or were there two?

yotpan wrote:
Have you been there? Since 2002...There was also one more legendary club which is closed now..the Rodon club (1987-2005) in which Polly did a concert in 1995..and i missed..(a mistake i will not repeat again) :smile:

GerriSferrazza wrote:

yotpan wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 pm 

Have no idea..i concluded that because of some reviews i read that were talking about a concert...but you're probably right from what i read in the gigography..

GerriSferrazza wrote:
I was next going to ask you about Rodon. You read my mind. No, I'm not familiar with either of the clubs. I just wonder sometimes how long some of these venues have been around.

P.S. You mentioned that "…Polly did a concert in 1995…". There was just one? Or were there two?

yotpan wrote:

GerriSferrazza wrote:

yotpan wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:24 am 

Since I originally composed that gigography list, the info came from me. I got it from a '95 tour t-shirt that lists two Athens concerts-> http://atforumz.com/showpost.php?p=4723517&postcount=3.

yotpan wrote:
Have no idea..i concluded that because of some reviews i read that were talking about a concert...but you're probably right from what i read in the gigography..

GerriSferrazza wrote:

yotpan wrote:

GerriSferrazza wrote:

yotpan wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:28 pm 

I didn't know you did the gigography..and the photo you used as an info made me realize how difficult task it must have been!!
I searched the internet to see if it was 1 or 2 shows back to back but the only think i could come up with is that there was definitely a show on 10/11, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't also another one on 11/11...anyway..if i find out something for sure, i'll tell you about it.. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 pm 

I found some contradictory information regarding the Badminton Theatre->

http://www.last.fm/venue/8834401+Badminton+Theatre

<<The Athens Badminton Theater is one of the largest venues in Greece, with a capacity of approximately 2,000 boasting a full size orchestra pit, rehearsal studio, press conference facilities and expansive lobbies.
Mainly dedicated to large scale production of theater, dance and concerts, Badminton Theater also hosts conferences and corporate events and maintains a pivotal role in Greece’s cultural and corporate life.>>

It seems more likely that this info is accurate as all of the other venues Polly visited throughout the WC tour in Europe were around 2,000 capacity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 am 

You are right: http://www.badmintontheater.gr/theater_en.asp
After the badminton stadium (which was built for the 2004 olympic games) turned into the badminton theater the capacity was decreased from about 4.000 to 2.500 seats.

GerriSferrazza wrote:
I found some contradictory information regarding the Badminton Theatre->

http://www.last.fm/venue/8834401+Badminton+Theatre

<<The Athens Badminton Theater is one of the largest venues in Greece, with a capacity of approximately 2,000 boasting a full size orchestra pit, rehearsal studio, press conference facilities and expansive lobbies.
Mainly dedicated to large scale production of theater, dance and concerts, Badminton Theater also hosts conferences and corporate events and maintains a pivotal role in Greece’s cultural and corporate life.>>

It seems more likely that this info is accurate as all of the other venues Polly visited throughout the WC tour in Europe were around 2,000 capacity.