It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:56 am 

You can re-listen to the Paris show here:
https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/ ... 23-2630844

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:59 pm 

As far as I can tell, here is a video of the full show.

Some parts are stunning ....

Harvey live at l'Olympia Paris 2023
unARTigNYC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNIybNTKRBY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:27 pm 

TheNightingale wrote:
You can re-listen to the Paris show here:
https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/ ... 23-2630844

Thanks for the link.
Here is the audio file from the website
https://we.tl/t-4JhsPES9S5

Does the station broadcast in lossless?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm 

zemonsta wrote:
Does the station broadcast in lossless?

I don't think so but according to one Reddit user the original broadcast had a higher bitrate than the on-demand podcast (256 kbps vs 192 kbps)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:03 pm 

TheNightingale wrote:
Speaking of versatility, she wore a new/different dress on the second night in Paradiso:

on this topic PJ posted an interview with the costume designer:

Quote:
Next in the tour series is fashion designer Todd Lynn, long-time friend of and designer for PJ Harvey. Their first collaboration was for the video for 'This is Love' in 2001: the white leather, hand stitched, fringed suit, which made several appearances including a special show at the Tate Modern's Turbine Hall in 2003.
For the album 'I Inside the Old Year Dying', Todd has created looks for PJ Harvey as well as the band, and works closely with the rest of the creative team. Here he talks about the unique position of designing for music, and the joy to be found within the process.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=290283013822784

and two days ago she posted an interview with Giovanni Ferrario:
Quote:
John Parish: "Italian multi-instrumentalist / composer / producer Giovanni Ferrario was introduced to me by my bandmates Marta Collica and Giorgia Poli. I loved the subtle and personal additions he brought to the recording of my 'Once Upon A Little Time' album.
I immediately recognised a kindred spirit, and knew Polly would feel the same. Giovanni played on the 'A Woman A Man Walked By' album and tour in 2008/2009, and we both independently thought of him when we were thinking of musicians with the right emotional sensitivity to play live the songs from 'I Inside the Old Year Dying'."

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=846978490403051

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:51 pm 

Love the French radio broadcast best so far. It's quality. Like the Hope Six tour, these songs really come alive live (excuse the pun).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:29 pm 

I'm writing a couple of hours after the 16/10 Zurich date.
What shall i say? Saying It was breathtaking is not being fair. It was GLORIOUS! The music,PJ's moves and acting, lights... it was perfect. Being a bit old-fashioned, i didn't record any video... i was so mesmerized i even forgot to take pictures, BUT i did record all the concert audio; quality-wise is quite bad ( just pressed "record" on my old phone and forgot about it), but it's full, no pauses. I saw a gentleman taking pictures with a professional camera, so it's probable good quality photos will be shared yo the internet in the next days.
Honestly can't wait for new tour dates next year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:53 am 

Great! While another recording of higher quality doesn't surface, it would be great if you could share yours. I'm still surprised that there are few recordings from this tour circulating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:53 am 

Breathtaking is the word. I attended both Paris gigs and loved them both, but the second one was particularly intense, with the audience strongly reacting to the music and Polly and the band responding to that in turn. I've seen many PJH gigs over the years but this will probably rank amongst my top 4 or 5. It's wonderful to be able to listen to that show again on the radio.

The strange thing is that even though the setlist was exactly the same, the mood was very different each night. The first night, Polly was a bit more aloof, which made the atmosphere somehow more eerie and moving. The second night was intense and she was dancing a lot more. The video someone posted is from the second night and there seems to be the whole show. Thanks for sharing this!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:42 pm 

Quote:
WhenUnderEther"]Breathtaking is the word. I attended both Paris gigs and loved them both, but the second one was particularly intense, with the audience strongly reacting to the music and Polly and the band responding to that in turn. I've seen many PJH gigs over the years but this will probably rank amongst my top 4 or 5. It's wonderful to be able to listen to that show again on the radio.

The strange thing is that even though the setlist was exactly the same, the mood was very different each night. The first night, Polly was a bit more aloof, which made the atmosphere somehow more eerie and moving. The second night was intense and she was dancing a lot more. The video someone posted is from the second night and there seems to be the whole show. Thanks for sharing this!

I have to say many many many thanks to the original up-loader on YT.

Yes, the video is the whole show from end-to-end, no cuts or edits between songs. You see the full show. There are a couple of very small glitches because of the rapid changes of lighting, especially in some of the darker parts.

In the first half of the show there was a small band foopar in the playing, a mistimed beat - no biggy. Unless you were looking / listening very carefully, you wouldn't even know. What drew me to it was band members glancing at one another a few seconds after it had happened. I went back and compared videos from the other live shows jyst to be sure, and there was timing difference, but only in this one performance. I was impressed at the musicians ability to recover instantly. The recovery was impressive. No one, except the band, will probably have noticed. It was somewhere in first half of the performance. I won't point it out the exact moment; a case of once seen, never unseen.

I agree, that the two nights had very different atmospheres.

On the 2nd night in Paris both PJ and JP had close-guests in the audience. Maybe that was the reason for the more relaxed and animated Polly dancing.

There are some good photos of the Paris show on IG user @thehouseofdis.
Also these IG users have great photos from Paris @swallowingfirefly, @zadijo, @_kelso, @benoit.bp

If you dont have an IG account, you can still access the photos using the web site "www.pixwox.com"

F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:30 am 

was the second Paris show recorded for ARTE? think i read that on twitter or somewhere..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:06 am 

I didn't see any cameras. It would be wonderful, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:14 pm 

Romario11 wrote:
was the second Paris show recorded for ARTE? think i read that on twitter or somewhere..

Yes the concert was filmed by ARTE.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 pm 

dm76 wrote:
Romario11 wrote:

Yes the concert was filmed by ARTE.

thanks! maybe we will see it a couple of years down the line

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:06 pm 

Amazing! Looking forward to seeing the images again. I still think a lot about that show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next