It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:18 pm 

15/12/23 Looks like PJ coming up on World Cafe?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0t_dGUraPv/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:48 pm 

World Cafe interview audio and performance videos:

https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe ... year-dying

ETA: there's also a short interview video clip on their Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C04PXztOAjN/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:47 am 

this interview's importance is HUGE. all of it is quite pleasing to listen to, but there was a particular statement by PJ which caught my attention:

Quote:
(...)
-why did you choose to finish the album with this song?
- i think the way this song turned out, and that's a rush of energy that it became, and quite an angry energy to it, almost felt like um... it doesn't feel like closing the door, it feels like stepping into another room, um, and almost like opening the door to where i'm gonna go next

this reminds me a lot of a late Uh huh her era interview, her saying, for example, she had grown tired of making electric/rock music... three years later we saw what she meant; or another interview, this time from the let England shake era, in which PJ told the interviewer she felt like she had a brand new musical "world" to discover ( or something like that)... 5 years later THSDP comes out, with PJ "outreaching" again, yet in a different way, in the greater worldly things.

so i wonder what this means, i'm sure time will give us the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:32 pm 

The interview and the performances are now up on YouTube, for easier access / saving to playlists / sharing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z80vTrAFlKM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:29 pm 

Sebastiano Boina wrote:
this interview's importance is HUGE. all of it is quite pleasing to listen to, but there was a particular statement by PJ which caught my attention:

Quote:
- it doesn't feel like closing the door, it feels like stepping into another room, um, and almost like opening the door to where i'm gonna go next

this reminds me a lot of a late Uh huh her era interview, her saying, for example, she had grown tired of making electric/rock music... three years later we saw what she meant; or another interview, this time from the let England shake era, in which PJ told the interviewer she felt like she had a brand new musical "world" to discover ( or something like that)... 5 years later THSDP comes out, with PJ "outreaching" again, yet in a different way, in the greater worldly things.

so i wonder what this means, i'm sure time will give us the answer.

Oh I would love her to go back to something more angry and energetic, but I won't set out expectations out of these very few words, she could very much change her trajectory, but at least she seems to already have an idea of where she's heading next so I feel like we won't have to wait 7 extra years to hear from her again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:35 pm 

lepetitlord wrote:
Oh I would love her to go back to something more angry and energetic, but I won't set out expectations out of these very few words, she could very much change her trajectory, but at least she seems to already have an idea of where she's heading next so I feel like we won't have to wait 7 extra years to hear from her again.

i didn't mean necessarily in that way, though. Honestly, i don't really care if she goes back to post-punk, i just find thrilling the idea of her coming up with new music, and i take pleasure at letting my mind wander and imagine it. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:06 pm 

Sebastiano Boina wrote:
lepetitlord wrote:

i didn't mean necessarily in that way, though. Honestly, i don't really care if she goes back to post-punk, i just find thrilling the idea of her coming up with new music, and i take pleasure at letting my mind wander and imagine it. :wink:

I totally agree with you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:21 pm 

from https://www.instagram.com/jamesfjohnston/ stories

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:48 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:27 pm 

Romario11 wrote:

Interesting they were considering 28-song (!!!) sets for 2023, with "The Community of Hope", "Dark Eyes" and "The Water Is Wide" included as well. I wonder if any of these three will make it to the stage this year.

Oh and that photo promoting the London gig is GORGEOUS, hope we get a version without the text as well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8