It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:17 pm 

Got mine for Zurich, 88CHF, very excited !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:04 pm 

I also got my tickets for the 2 nights in Zürich :)
I can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:02 pm 

Some venues sold out very quickly this morning. I didn't get anything in the pre-sale so I tried to buy Roundhouse tickets this morning. Got standing tickets for 29th but then thought I'd check if they had seats left. They didn't so I tried to switch back to standing and the tickets had all gone! That was 10:03am. So I am going to Manchester on 3rd Oct instead! That is sold out as well now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:59 pm 

Orange Monkey wrote:
Some venues sold out very quickly this morning.

You're right, it's the first day of general ticket sales and already 70% of the shows are already completely sold out, with only limited tickets still available for Scotland, Switzerland, Czechia, Germany, Poland and Denmark. I guess congrats to Polly! Hopefully this will lead to some more dates later in the year or in 2024 for people in other countries.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:24 pm 

i'm pondering whether i should buy a ticket for the Zurich date( only one acceptable, for obvious geographical reasons) or wait until the end of this "run" and hope she's going to set a date here in Italy.
i'm pretty damn conflicted, since the tickets are being sold quickly, yet an eventual journey up to Zurich would require quite an amount of planning and money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:27 pm 

Already posted in the main album thread but for easier reference — the touring lineup this time around will be:

PJ Harvey
John Parish
James Johnston
Jean Marc-Butty
Giovanni Ferrario

Polly on vocals and guitar. Show directed by Ian Rickson like the Let England Shake and Hope Six ones — minimalist staging, working with light and shade, organic feel.

All concerts apart from the Zurich ones and one Prague date are sold out now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:25 pm 

Just noticed my tickets have arrived by email and were sitting in my spam folder for 3 days before I spotted them!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:16 pm 

Speculation time!

do you think PJ and the band, in this tour, will perform songs who didn't make it in the album, like they did in the "Let England Shake" tour playing songs like " the Nightingale" and "The Big Guns Called Me Back Again"? i mean, we do know of the existance of the song " oh Wildest Wildest Wood"; maybe there are even a couple of other "rarities" which could be performed in the live dates.

by the way, all tour dates are sold out now. Thank God i was smart enough to buy my ticket for the Zurich date a month ago, i didn't want to risk missing this album's tour waiting for an Italian date... better be safe than sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:40 pm 

Sebastiano Boina wrote:
Speculation time!

do you think PJ and the band, in this tour, will perform songs who didn't make it in the album, like they did in the "Let England Shake" tour playing songs like " the Nightingale" and "The Big Guns Called Me Back Again"? i mean, we do know of the existance of the song " oh Wildest Wildest Wood"; maybe there are even a couple of other "rarities" which could be performed in the live dates.

It would be cool if they did, but I'm doubtful that there are many other songs. She said in an interview that she started with the idea of just making an EP, so it sounds like it grew into an LP. Whereas previous albums seem to have started with extra songs and been whittled down. It would be nice to be wrong though!

I was also wondering about which of her older songs she will play. She has spoken a lot of the collaboration with John and Flood recently and so I was wondering if Playlist 16 might form the basis for the other live songs?

Also, maybe she might read a few poems? Maybe some twiddicks?

Who knows!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:16 pm 

Orange Monkey wrote:
I was also wondering about which of her older songs she will play. She has spoken a lot of the collaboration with John and Flood recently and so I was wondering if Playlist 16 might form the basis for the other live songs?

I hope she throws us some curveballs and plays some unexpected tracks. I would have never guessed she’d choose “Working for the Man,” “To Talk to You” or “Highway 61 Revisited” for Hope Six tour so fingers crossed for more surprises like this. As much as I love “Down by the Water”, “The Devil” or “To Bring You My Love”, I would be fine if she retired them from her setlists for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:15 pm 

Since it's speculation time, I'd say songs from White Chalk are easy guesses, so I'm dreaming about some updated version of older songs, but it's difficult to imagine which ones could fit with the new album. The only one that comes to my mind right now is The Wind, I'd love a new live arrangement - possibly more faithful to the album version!
Anything is possible, with might even get just the live version of the album and some poetry reading here and there... I actually wouldn't mind that, especially if they're going to be accompanied with bits of new music or ambient sounds.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:31 pm 

I think a few songs from A Man a Woman Walked By would fit in nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:25 am 

revenire wrote:
I think a few songs from A Man a Woman Walked By would fit in nicely.

i kid you not, that was exactly what i was thinking about. We'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:34 am 

so next week PJ tour will start... first date is Dublin, Ireland. Are there any Irish folks who could (if allowed, and i'm not sure about it) share footage/photos of the events?
same thing goes for the other dates!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:22 pm 

Went to the first concert in Dublin. She played a very long set by her standards, roughly two hours.

All of I Inside The Old Year Dying, I think in order.

The Colour of the Earth (Polly went backstage, they put four microphones out and the band performed it)
The Glorious Land
The Words That Maketh Murder
Angelene
Send His Love To Me
The Garden
The Desperate Kingdom of Love (solo w/guitar)
Man-Size
Dress
Down By The Water
To Bring You My Love

(Fixed the order of a couple songs above)

Encore
C'mon Billy
White Chalk

I wonder if she will continue to play the whole new album together as it is definitely heavy on the atmospheric songs rather than the energetic ones. IIRC she did that at first with Let England Shake and then switched it up. Energy seems higher when she plays guitar rather than doing her Heavily Choreographed Dancing. The crowd was certainly more into the older stuff but that's always going to be the case.

Location and lighting were not really conducive to photos...I got a couple that I will post if I can get the formatting to work but I'm sure there will be better ones out there.

Last edited by hopewell on Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next