It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:23 am 

Polly trying to get in to her own event in Liverpool ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:27 pm 

It took me a while to remember where i'd seen that pose before ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:51 pm 

One of these people is standing on a box ...

I wonder who it was ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:50 am 

Oh my! She's tiny but not THAT tiny. That guy must be a giant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:32 pm 

PJ wrote about the book tour:
Quote:
As I come to the end of the #Orlam poetry reading tour I would like to say thank you once again to all involved. Firstly to @maxjohnporter who so generously agreed to travel to The Hague, Antwerp and Brighton to discuss the book with me onstage.
I first met Max at The Bath Festival in May 2022 and found our conversation to be inspiring and engaging, as well as discovering Max to be such a wonderful and special human being.
I have since read Grief is The Thing with Feathers, Lanny, The Death of Francis Bacon and his soon to be released Shy, all of which moved me profoundly. THANK YOU Max. I have never stood beside someone so huge in stature and heart and soul.

Honestly i didn't know who mr Porter was before, never heard of his books. Moreover, based on what i've read on the internet i have some, uh... "cultural" differences with him, but i'm glad PJ found a good companion for her book tour, too bad we have so few recordings of the readings.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:47 am 

Yes I too have identified some cultural differences between me and Mr Porter. He’s cartoonishly tall, though, and that’s quite enough. We can’t ask anything more of him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:03 pm 

What's up with Mr Porter then? Save me trawling the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:39 am 

bruise wrote:
Oh my! She's tiny but not THAT tiny. That guy must be a giant

it reminds me the Desert Session 9&10 promo photos, next to Josh Homme. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:40 pm 

Orange Monkey wrote:

Nothing’s up, really — he seems like a decent guy (and Grief is the Thing with Feathers is a lovely, poignant book — haven’t had the chance to read anything else yet). The “cultural differences” criticism that has been thrown around lately here by some users (see also the Bad Sisters thread) seems like some sort of weird projected insecurity, tbh, but hey, that’s on them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:18 pm 

TheNightingale wrote:
Orange Monkey wrote:

Nothing’s up, really — he seems like a decent guy (and Grief is the Thing with Feathers is a lovely, poignant book — haven’t had the chance to read anything else yet). The “cultural differences” criticism that has been thrown around lately here by some users (see also the Bad Sisters thread) seems like some sort of weird projected insecurity, tbh, but hey, that’s on them.

Nice ad personam attack, nightingale. There's nothing WRONG with mr Porter, i just said i have some "cultural differences" with him on some topics, which is normal and perfectly acceptable. I have "cultural differences" with John Parish,too, yet i think he's one of the best living british musical artists, furthermore his friendship with PJ is truly inspiring. In my previous post i wasn't projecting anything, my aim was to show my happiness to see PJ finding a good companion on her tour on poetry, art, alas, that is in stead decline expecially in my beloved country.
I really can't figure out why you have to be so mean.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:00 pm 

It wasn't my intention to sound mean (apologies!), I just find this criticism baffling, that’s all — and I do think it reads as a weird insecurity to point out how someone or something is “culturally different” to you (what a vague phrase anyway). Might be just my reading; no hard feelings either way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:53 pm 

my statements about "cultural differences" are vague and perplexing on purpose, Since i do not want to get stuck in topics that are not closely related to PJ or topics that are too... let's say mundane; i just point out, quite vaguely, that i'm not into said person or thing views.My views may be totally different to mr"X" on a particular topic, yet i do not want to be explicit with you all about it. That's why i use the terms "cultural" and "difference" and not more open ones, because i do not want to discuss that topic here.
It's the exact opposite of insecurity, i am 100% secure i don't want to bring that/those topic/topics here.
I'll be even more clear, so you will (hopefully) understand me: for example, i know mr Porter talked about a certain topic( or issue, i should say) on a social media; his vision of said issue is totally different to my vision, and i do not like it at all, so i'm not keen to amplify my knowledge on him( and i can't even help with a previous interest, like in the case of John Parish: i love his music, but... well i know you can get what i'm saying now) but i focus on his relation with THE actual topic of this forum, PJ. This doesn't mean he has done anything wrong, he actually seems a gentleman!
I'll cut it short now, i accept your apologies, thank you.
Farewell.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:10 am 

No insecurity here, either. Very secure and certain of my political stances; I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek about his and my “cultural differences”. I’m sure he’s a lovely person. There was just one Tweet of his that I had a negative reaction to, because I’m diametrically opposed to that view. I’m also sure Polly has certain, erm, sociopolitical opinions that would be at odds with those of some (or many) of her fans. It happens. No insecurity, nothing particularly odd about it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:51 am 

I can't fathom out anyone who idolises Ted Hughes and all that dreadful Crow stuff, but there you go!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:04 pm 

Polly in Antwerp.
Always check who's behind you at a PJH gig ...
Good opportunity to make an entrance on a zip wire? But maybe not in that dress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next