It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:27 pm 

Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get on a mailing list for Polly's gigs.

I signed up with the official site for email notifications a long while ago, but have heard nothing (no, not even in the spam folder). Thinking that maybe I'd somehow had messed up my registration, I attempted to re-register. It now appears that Lucidnewmedia.co.uk who ran the mailing list are no longer available.

I can't find anyone to contact, to at least find out if it is possible to be on a mailing list. I will be getting to as many of her gigs as possible for the rest of my life. Normally, I find out by chance about her gigs on facebook. Only, I don't want to spend the rest of my life on facebook.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/pjharveyalternativepage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:49 pm 

I also registered (a long time ago) for news to be sent me by e-mail from www.pjharvey.net, but found that it was practically useless because I never got any messages.

however I have often received messages from PJ's MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/pjharvey

still, I'd have to say that Facebook is a better provider of instant news. though often enough I get my first information about upcoming PJ gigs here on The Garden.

but a couple of times I've had very early alerts from FNAC, the french ticket vendor (but only about concerts taking place in France or in neighboring french-speaking areas).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:01 am 

Thanks, Pollyphoniac that makes things a lot clearer to me now.

Yes, up to now Polly’s facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PJHarvey has been the best source of gig information for me.

There is also a link there, where you can sign up. However, it’s not very clear what you are signing up for. If it sends out good information, I will let you know here.

I was hoping that there would be one good source of information that emailed its members, who were only interested in Polly’s gigs. Polly is the only inspiring artist at the moment for me and has been for some time. I feel for her, if it's true that she said she had no contemporary music that inspired or grabbed her, but I don't see anyone else out there either. I think I will take your advice and spend more time in The Garden.

Incidentally, I noticed that within 15 minutes of the box office opening for sales for The Albert Hall gig, that tickets for prime seats had already been advertised for sale on eBay by “ticket touts” (I’m assuming, I have no actual proof). I wish there was some way of stopping this, it’s not fair to anyone.

https://www.facebook.com/pjharveyalternativepage

Last edited by mickeyskippycat on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:49 am 

Location: I live in a town called Millhaven. It's small and it's mean and it's cold.
That helps explain why I wasn't getting any e-mail alerts from Polly's official site either.

As Pollyphoniac said, visting this Forum seems to be the best source of information.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:46 am 

Have any of you guys tried Songkick.com? Haven't really used it much myself but I've heard people say it's pretty good for tracking your favourite artists. Apparently you can sign up for e-mail alerts when new dates are announced.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 am 

Location: I live in a town called Millhaven. It's small and it's mean and it's cold.
I use Ents24 which is fairly good for alerts for my favourite artists plus weekly updates from Ticketmaster and See etc.