It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:54 am 

Just home from another two days at the Paradiso and what a great shows! Last night was possibly the best for me so far!!
Amazing set with two encores she played everything from this tour after the first Encore They where already packing stage gear, guitars,and after a while(some people where already leaving venue) they where back on stage playing the second encore for an very enthousiastic crowd and you could feel the spontanius(?=correct spelling??)action on stage as they where have a great time themselves.after these two songs Polly said this is all the songs we know with a big smile

setlist
Let England Shake/The Words That maketh murder/All& Everyone/The Guns Called me back again/Written On The Forehead/In The dark Places/The Devil/The Sky Lit Up/The Glorious land/The Last Living Rose/England/The Pocket Knife/Bitter Branches/On Battleship Hill/Down By The Water/C'mon Billy/Hanging In The Wire/The Colour Of The Earth/Encore Big Exit/Angelene/Silence 2nd Encore The Piano/Meet Ze Monsters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:02 am 

What more can I say than: Pure magic !!!

I had the feeling she wanted to do a greatest-hits-show so that she could scream and dance and jump all over the stage, but that was not appropiate playing the Let England Shake album.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:48 am 

wickedtongue wrote:
Just home from another two days at the Paradiso and what a great shows! Last night was possibly the best for me so far!!
Amazing set with two encores she played everything from this tour after the first Encore They where already packing stage gear, guitars,and after a while(some people where already leaving venue) they where back on stage playing the second encore for an very enthousiastic crowd and you could feel the spontanius(?=correct spelling??)action on stage as they where have a great time themselves.after these two songs Polly said this is all the songs we know with a big smile

setlist
Let England Shake/The Words That maketh murder/All& Everyone/The Guns Called me back again/Written On The Forehead/In The dark Places/The Devil/The Sky Lit Up/The Glorious land/The Last Living Rose/England/The Pocket Knife/Bitter Branches/On Battleship Hill/Down By The Water/C'mon Billy/Hanging In The Wire/The Colour Of The Earth/Encore Big Exit/Angelene/Silence 2nd Encore The Piano/Meet Ze Monsters

Yes, it is great that they played almost all songs from this tour, but I can't see The River on your list, so she played The River too or not?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 pm 

:grin:a amazing gig as wicked...i saw both shows aswell with my wife and no deduction on the quality of the first night,but the second one was just "special",someone in the hall actuall screamed out during the gig he got "goosebumps" all over....that's describes it pretty much what we all got there,a night ill never forget and from what i heard a verry rare occasion a second encore...wich honestly was "deserved" by the audience after at least a full 10 min of clapping etc....and how wonderfull from Polly & band to come back on and "reward" us for this,thank you for this,we love you :smile:
Peter & Kristel (Belgium)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:59 pm 

brownbrown wrote:
wickedtongue wrote:

setlist

Yes, it is great that they played almost all songs from this tour, but I can't see The River on your list, so she played The River too or not?

You are right she didn't play The River!!! (So not all songs are played...)