It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 pm 

I have to thank someone on twitter - Nicolas Chinardet - for this information. Tickets are free. You can apply for tickets on the link (just click on apply!):

Radio 3's much-loved cabaret of the word returns to the Radio Theatre on Friday 25 March.

Poet, broadcaster and Bard of Barnsley Ian McMillan presides over another evening of words with verve. Singer-songwriter PJ Harvey will be performing material from her new album and explaining how war poetry influenced these songs about armed conflicts. Hanif Kureishi will be reading a new essay and the doyenne of the spoken word scene Salena Godden will be taking to the floor.

All information is correct at time of publication.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/show ... rb_25mar11

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am 

Anyone lucky with tickets for this?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:23 pm 

No. It wasn't fully booked when I sent a request but I haven't received any correspondence since.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 pm 

The official sites are always a few days behind the ever vigilant Gardeners in posting news, though they do give the added detail that Polly will be performing solo.

PJ Harvey To Appear As Part Of A Special Live Broadcast On BBC Radio 3’s The Verb on March 25. Broadcast live from The BBC Radio Theatre; Harvey will chat with host, Ian McMillan, on songwriting in addition to performing live in a solo capacity. Other guests on the night include Toby Litt, poet Salena Godden and Hanif Kureishi. Mor...e info can be found here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tnsf
http://www.facebook.com/PJHarvey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 pm 

wow, a solo session.
maybe she will perform the original versions with samples... :naughty:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:13 pm 

Good luck to all in London right now! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 pm 

I just missed it. Hopefully someone somewhere has recorded it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:47 pm 

f***! I thought it would be available in "listen again" player...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:42 am 

My boyfriend and I went down to BBC Radio Theatre with no tickets and an ever so faint sliver of hope. Asked at reception if there were any returns, they said they never get returns because more tickets than seats are given out. On to plan B, ask people in the queue for spares, no, no, no, yes one spare! Offered the wonderful lady a bag of Cadbury mini eggs then she said 'oh did you want two tickets, I have another spare' - think we came out way ahead in that bartering deal.

All but four seats in the front row were reserved (looked like bbc types), luckily for us we were within the first four entering the studio, our seats were at the end of the row right in front of where Polly's gear was set up - perfect!

It is up on the iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tnsf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:31 pm 

wonderfull
may I ask you how she weared?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:01 pm 

Black Hearted Love wrote:
wonderfull
may I ask you how she weared?

One picture showed up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/romany/556 ... 601667153/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:23 pm 

^
Polly was all in black, boots to just below the knee, sleeveless top and velvety trousers. Think it was the same outfit as the second Paris show except she left the feathers at home.

After the first song Polly left the guitar on and was doing the interview, her guitar tech and manager were desperately waving their arms about trying to get her attention so she would give the guitar to her tech to tune for the next song. Polly was focused on the host and never noticed them even when her manager ran to the far side of the stage and was playing air guitar. Luckily the host did notice and told Polly to give her guitar to her tech for tuning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:51 pm 

sanvean wrote:
^
After the first song Polly left the guitar on and was doing the interview, her guitar tech and manager were desperately waving their arms about trying to get her attention so she would give the guitar to her tech to tune for the next song. Polly was focused on the host and never noticed them even when her manager ran to the far side of the stage and was playing air guitar. Luckily the host did notice and told Polly to give her guitar to her tech for tuning.

our sweet little distraught pj :wink: