It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:10 pm 

The concert was perfect and so the atmosphere. And I have to say I find her beautiful more than ever, and she seems so happy! My favourite songs were England (very moving) and Angelene. I wish I could see her tonight too. In front of me I heard a man talking about having seen her 70 times or something. Is he someone from here?? :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:17 pm 

This thread has just made tonight real for me! I cannot WAIT! EEEE!

Looking forward to Big Exit now :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 am 

There was a completely unexpected surprise in the setlist at the February 28th Troxy gig, The River was replaced by Pocket Knife - great to hear a new song thrown in. This show rivaled the second night in Paris for the best of this tour, too bad there will be a huge gap until the U.S. dates as the band performed at their peak, also sound & lighting were faultless tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:37 am 

sanvean wrote:
There was a completely unexpected surprise in the setlist at the February 28th Troxy gig, The River was replaced by Pocket Knife - great to hear a new song thrown in. This show rivaled the second night in Paris for the best of this tour, too bad there will be a huge gap until the U.S. dates as the band performed at their peak, also sound & lighting were faultless tonight.

'Pocket Knife' was good, wasn't it?

I loved the reception John, Jean-Marc and Mick got when Polly introduced them.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 am 

sanvean wrote:
There was a completely unexpected surprise in the setlist at the February 28th Troxy gig, The River was replaced by Pocket Knife - great to hear a new song thrown in.

Oooh I would have loved to hear that!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am 

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 28440.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/fe ... vey-review

:)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 am 

Reviews of Sunday gig:

http://www.clashmusic.com/live-review/pj-harvey-live

'PJ Harvey is the most significant British female singer since Kate Bush':

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/rev ... te-bush.do

Edit: 1 comment left to the thisislondon article so far.
Blimey! Might need a riposte soon. ;-)

Mark Steel

Last edited by sau on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am 

sau wrote:
'PJ Harvey is the most significant British female singer since Kate Bush':

wouldn't that sentence imply that PJ is somehow less significant than Kate Bush?
(not really a good review then) :angry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 pm 

One to look out for: Simon Price of The Independent on Sunday is writing a review of one of the Troxy gigs for next Sunday.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 pm 

Monday gig:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... eview.html

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm 

By the way, the seat Mick, and sometimes John, sit on looks like it may be from the church at Eype.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 pm 

Interesting that 'Pocket Knife' replaced 'The River' as that was (thinking about it) probably the number that suffered the most from the sound problem on Sunday.
Equipment technical hitch?
Whatever, still ranks as one of the most impressive gigs i've ever seen (will ever see?).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:21 pm 

i knew Pocket Knife would eventually appear on setlists!! i said it in another thread, how cool. BUT i don't like the fact that it's *replacing* The River, i want to hear them both when she plays Primavera Sound this May...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:42 pm 

Fantastic gig last night. I've rarely heard so much new material sounded so familiar and wonderful, seems to me Polly's especially happy performing her new creation.

If anyone's interested please feel free to browse my photos. They're not especially professional but not bad for a point-and-click from next to the sound-desk, and I thought the lighting gave Polly a wonderful ethereal quality...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=331877&id=684159594&saved#!/album.php?aid=331877&id=684159594

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:09 pm 

Seeing The Sky Lit Up BLEW MY MIND! I was beaming! The only bad thing I've got to say about the gig is about her level of interaction! Not even a hello! Only a thankyou at the end. That annoyed me!

Pocket Knife was fantastic too! Cripes I could go on about the whole set! But as Skinned said, England was very moving! Best £80 I've ever spent, even though I didn't speak to a soul all night. Last thing, Mick and Polly singing The Colour Of The Earth gave me goosebumps!

Ok, LAST point, the way Bitter Branches made me jump with every beat too! That was FANTASTIC!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next