It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:08 pm 

olivier101 wrote:
I also loved this concert for another reason: I had never been this close to Polly! All my previous PJ concerts were seated and I hadn't been really lucky with the seat. From the stage setup it was hard to guess where she would stand, but I was glad to see her stand right in front of me :) And because of that it often looked as if she was looking right at me while singing... gave me goosebumps at times :)

The same with me in Berlin.

But I think that only from the stage set up you could easily guess where her place would be. The microphone on the left was adjusted lower than the other ones. Have a look at this picture:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/hf8u-4-jpg.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:27 pm 

The Dancer wrote:
olivier101 wrote:
I also loved this concert for another reason: I had never been this close to Polly! All my previous PJ concerts were seated and I hadn't been really lucky with the seat. From the stage setup it was hard to guess where she would stand, but I was glad to see her stand right in front of me :) And because of that it often looked as if she was looking right at me while singing... gave me goosebumps at times :)

The same with me in Berlin.

But I think that only from the stage set up you could easily guess where her place would be. The microphone on the left was adjusted lower than the other ones.

that's how a certain friend and fellow Polly-follower (who is not a gardener) was able to seat himself right in front of Polly at the secret show in Eype. (such a lucky guy.)
but after that show we all pretty much knew about Polly's place onstage (on this tour), rather far to the left (since it appeared clearly in a video uploaded by someone in the audience).

but that happened only after the tickets went for sale, for this February tour. so when I bought my ticket for a balcony seat at the second show in Berlin, I had no idea about Polly's new onstage position and simply expected Polly's place to be centre-stage (as usual). so having the choice (on Eventim's website) between the front seat on the far left and the front seat on the far right (both seats closest to the stage), I was pondering whether I'd prefer to watch John upclose or Mick; assuming John to be on Polly's left (as always), I decided that I'd like to see more of Mick (having already seen John so much on the last tour). then deem of my delight when it became evident that Polly would be performing at the far left, so close to my balcony seat!

in spite of that I still felt a little too distant at the second Berlin show. it just felt rather far away after being so close (on the floor) the night before. I should have had that balcony seat at the first show instead. but I have no reason to complain and wouldn't dream of it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:40 pm 

coming to Paris directly from Berlin was like leaving winter and entering springtime. the somewhat coldish rain felt really warm after the freezing air in the German capital. waiting outside the venue in Berlin, -10 degrees (Celsius), I became fearful for my fingers (which went numb). but in Paris, weather fit for bareheaded walking, even at night, beautiful feeling.

but even though I'm enjoying two extra days here in the French capital, I know I'm going to feel a degree of regrets at not being in London tomorrow night. now that the February tour is finishing without me. (but I wouldn't dream of complaining, having no sufficient reason.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:08 pm 

The funny thing is that I had a ticket for the left balcony, too. When I went inside the Admiralspalast only a few minutes past 7pm 3/4 of the floor was empty. So I went to my place on the balcony and took some pictures. After that I went back to the floor and once again back to the balcony because I thought it was the better place for taking pictures during the concert. But finally I decided to return to the floor (and not to care about the € I had paid for the seat on the balcony) and to position myself as close as possible to what I expected to be Polly's microphone. And it was a good choice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:32 pm 

Yes, Pollyphoniac I agree. I'd love to hear it too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 am 

Pollyphoniac wrote:
but even though I'm enjoying two extra days here in the French capital, I know I'm going to feel a degree of regrets at not being in London tomorrow night. now that the February tour is finishing without me. (but I wouldn't dream of complaining, having no sufficient reason.)

I agree. If only I had the time and money to follow "little miss moonshine" :grin: around like that :wink:
but London would've topped it all, I think. :eyeroll:
You lucky bastards over there :angry: :laugh: