It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:31 am 

PJ Harvey and Seamus Murphy’s The Hollow of the Hand receives its world premiere.

With design and direction by Ian Rickson, The Hollow of the Hand is an evening of poetry readings and new songs performed by PJ Harvey, and images and a short film presented by Seamus Murphy. Between 2011 and 2014 they set out on a series of journeys to Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Washington DC. PJ Harvey collected words, Murphy collected pictures and together they created their debut collaborative book of the same title, published by Bloomsbury this October. Joining Harvey on stage are musicians John Parish and James Johnston. PJ Harvey has released eight critically acclaimed albums, been nominated for six Grammy Awards, and is the only artist to have been awarded the UK’s Mercury Prize twice. In 2013, she was awarded an MBE for services to music. Seamus Murphy has documented life and change around the world in images. He has won seven World Press Photo awards for work in Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Gaza, Lebanon, Peru, Ireland and England; made films for Channel 4 News and The New Yorker; and created 12 short films for PJ Harvey’s album Let England Shake. This event contains images unsuitable for minors.

Friday 9 & Saturday 10 October

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatso ... hand-93266

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:16 pm 

"Consisting of poetry, readings and new songs, alongside images and a short film by Murphy, others guests set to appear include Tim Key, Ali Smith, Mark Watson and more."

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/192888/9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 am 

My tickets arrived already, which I was very surprised about. Very much looking forward to this and hope the new songs sound just as good as they did during the recording process!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:42 am 

Location: I live in a town called Millhaven. It's small and it's mean and it's cold.
Looking forward to this; going on the Friday.