It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PJ on Cinemoi channel
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:47 pm 

There's this new (uk only I think?) channel called Cinemoi that I've noticed (on Sky channel 343 and Virgin Media channel 445) that shows only French films or films with french connections, and they don't have adverts inbetween the films. It's rather good and it's been the first channel I go to on Friday nights to watch a subtitled arthouse film and eat loads of food for a while now :wink:

http://www.cinemoi.tv/about-cinemoi

But aanyway, the connection with PJ is that they play her songs on the hiatus between showing films, where there are random clips of films and stuff. One late night before they showed 'Intimacy', Meet Ze Monsta was played. I nearly jumped out of my skin cause I practically never hear PJ on Tv and this was quite an event :laugh: I thought it would be a one off, but another night they played This is Love over a montage of film clips, one of them with Brigitte Bardot in. I now watch it in the hope of catching more songs :laugh: But there must be someone that works there who is a fan or something? It would be too much of a coincidence for two of her songs to be used on the channel...

A bit of a rambling post, but I love random references or uses of PJ. Any other gardeners happen to have noticed this??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:55 pm 

Asherah wrote:
There's this new (uk only I think?) channel called Cinemoi that I've noticed (on Sky channel 343 and Virgin Media channel 445) that shows only French films or films with french connections, and they don't have adverts inbetween the films. It's rather good and it's been the first channel I go to on Friday nights to watch a subtitled arthouse film and eat loads of food for a while now :wink:

But aanyway, the connection with PJ is that they play her songs on the hiatus between showing films, where there are random clips of films and stuff. One late night before they showed 'Intimacy', Meet Ze Monsta was played. I nearly jumped out of my skin cause I practically never hear PJ on Tv and this was quite an event :laugh: I thought it would be a one off, but another night they played This is Love over a montage of film clips, one of them with Brigitte Bardot in. I now watch it in the hope of catching more songs :laugh: But there must be someone that works there who is a fan or something? It would be too much of a coincidence for two of her songs to be used on the channel...

A bit of a rambling post, but I love random references or uses of PJ. Any other gardeners happen to have noticed this??

probably a fan. the soundman has a nice taste :D. here in brazil ive seen quite a lot in special reportages polly's songs played ("who the fuck?" about a special report about romania spooky tales was quite.... unnusual to me, some othe track of hers would fit that subject better lol, ive seen other about adoption with "you said something" intro, kinda fits haha)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:30 pm 

head's_bullet wrote:
Asherah wrote:

probably a fan. the soundman has a nice taste :D. here in brazil ive seen quite a lot in special reportages polly's songs played ("who the fuck?" about a special report about romania spooky tales was quite.... unnusual to me, some othe track of hers would fit that subject better lol, ive seen other about adoption with "you said something" intro, kinda fits haha)

:wink: Well of all the songs that could go in a special reportage, I wouldn't have thought of Who the fuck XD