It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:40 pm 

Incubus: "their playlist
Incubus/Black Heart Inertia
Queens Of The Stone Age/Sick Sick Sick
The Duke Spirit/Cuts Across The Land
Pj Harvey/Good Fortune
Air/Playground Love
Beirut/Elephant Gun
Radiohead/Pyramid Song
Björk /Earth Intruders
Jeff Buckley/Grace
The Beatles/Strawberry Fields
Death From Above 1979/Romantic Rights
Prince/Little Red Corvette " (2009 German radio station)

Incubus: "That's the same for the rest of the band: Mike's a huge Bjork fan, Brandon likes PJ Harvey and Jose's into Buena Vista Social Club. "

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "8. Pj Harvey & John Parish — "The Chair"

"I saw them in LA a couple months back, and Polly never skips a beat. This new album with John Parish is so worth buying legally." (his iTunes)

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "Brandon loves and respects pj harvey."

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "Go out and by PJ Harvey's "Stories from the City, Stories from the sea. It's great!"

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "PJ Harvey and Queens of the Stone Age are what I listen to all the time with immense pleasure"

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "PJ Harvey is one of my all time favourites ever. I''m the first one in the store to get her new records"

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): " Favourite bands: Massive Attack, Bjork, PJ Harvey, Jeff Bucley and Soundgarden"

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "It is brilliantly in this regard! PJ Harvey makes that likewise very good. One hears her song and thinks, she must have gone through hell. And then one experiences that she really did not experience anything of it." (translated from German)

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "Most of my Influences are women- Bjork, PJ Harvey, Ani DiFranco. Men have a lot less to right about unless you're Tom Waits of John Lennon. And the female voice is much more suited to melody. Men have this barky thing- we're domesticated apes with a microphone"

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "My favourite singers are PJ Harvey and Bjork"

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): "1. Bjork, Vespertin 2. Rival
Schools, United by Fate 3. Coldplay, Parachutes 4.
Ani DiFranco, Revelling/Reckoning 5. P.J. Harvey,
Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea(favourite records of 2001)

Brandon Boyd(Incubus): " My only real consistent interest seems to be PJ
Harvey, who I've been listening to since high school."

Deftones: "Influences ranging from Fugazi and PJ Harvey, to Bad Brains and Circa 1982 Cure and Tool"

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "Are there certain people you look to as models for the way they experiment with their voice? Whenever I think of that I think of a guy like Mike Patton." "Yeah, he's pretty much the epitome of that. Somebody who just, he'll always...it seems like he's always trying to find a different angle, and that's awesome. I guess someone like PJ Harvey as well, who I think...her voice changes, you know? She has, like, I'd say four or five completely different vocal styles that she has, and with every new record you never know which one she's gonna come with, and it seems like every time I hear something it's like there's something new she's doing."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "Moreno has cited Morrissey, Weezer's Rivers Cuomo, The Cure's Robert Smith, Bad Brains' H.R., P.J. Harvey, and Depeche Mode's David Gahan among his favorite singers."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "Chino declared that its so particular manner to sing on ' AROUND THE FUR' or ' WHITE PONEY' comes from the influence of Pj Harvey and Bjork.(translated from french)

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "Chino invited Annalynn because he really wanted a female voice on "Mx" to contrast with his wishes. He came up with this idea after his first choice PJ Harvey gave up, because of divergences between tour dates and record labels."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "A young mixed-race sacremento california band, with a sensitive guy-lead singer who worships Public Enemy and PJ Harvey"

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "Moreno now has a PJ Harvey shrine in his kitchen and has often said that he aspires to sing like the British blueswoman"

Chino Moreno(Deftones): ""I love her voice, her songwriting, her whole attitude whenever she goes out to make a record: she refuses to repeat herself and she's always finding bizarre ways to reinvent her art and keep moving."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): " PJ Harvey (the singer he would like to tour with 'cause she has been a real inspiration) -"Such a huge voice coming out of that little person. I cope a lot of her throat noises"

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "My vocals on this album were really influenced by female singers, really passionate ones like Polly Jean Harvey," he states. "Lately I've been more into that as opposed to the strictly hard-core style of singing. I just like the way that girls can make their voices sound, and I know I can't really do that, but I try to write in that way." This particularly comes across in a hypnotic song like "Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "While frontman Chino Moreno regularly screams himself hoarse, he is an intelligent lyricist who has cited influences as diverse as Morrisey and PJ Harvey."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "Moreno explained that he has been influenced lately by female singers, like Polly Jean Harvey, who stress the passionate side of vocals."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "He listens to the Cure and PJ Harvey."

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "Watches PJ Harvey's set from the audience" (BDO 2003)

Chino Moreno(Deftones): "An aussie fan gave him a signed photo of PJ and he has forever treasured it and put it on his wall"

Chino Moreno(Deftones): " I've met lots of famous people, but I'm so much in awe of Polly(PJ Harvey) that when I finally met her, I fainted!"

Stephen Carpenter(Deftones): "Dream tour mates would be PJ Harvey of Frank Black"

Troy Van Leeuwen(A Perfect Circle, Queens of The Stone Age ): "The P.J. Harvey record is just phenomenal. She's got Mick Harvey from Nick Cave's band." (on Stories)

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "I listen to PJ Harvey and I can relate to that, I mean she's touched me and become sort of an inspiration"

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "When I'm getting ready for a show I listen to Machinehead to get pumped up but I'll listen to like PJ Harvey to bring me back down after"

Tarri B(My Ruin): "I mean, when I look at Nick Cave, or P J Harvey, or Henry Rollins – people that I respect – I look at how they do it. I read interviews, and I read things they say, and I feel like … when you stand for something, you’ll fall for anything, y’know what I mean? "

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "If you could put together a music festival - who would be on it and what would you call it?

LILITH SCARE!!!
---------------
MADONNA
PATTY SMITH
PJ HARVEY
LYDIA LUNCH
FOXY BROWN
LUNACHICKS
PLEASANT GEHMAN
JACK OFF JILL(rip)
KITTIE
DONNAS
GOGO'S
CRISIS
JOAN JETT
VOLUPTUOUS HORROR OF KAREN BLACK
EXENE CERVANKOVA
NICOLE BLACKMAN
12 ROUNDS
and MY RUIN of coarse!

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "Manchu, Goatsnake, PJ Harvey, Skeyebone, Pantera, Morcheeba, Defacto, Will Haven, Rachel Stamp, and the list goes on. I enjoy lots of different styles of music depending on my mood but I have recently been listening to a lot of 70's stuff thanks to Mick."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "Yeah, I know. If you had the power to add a section to the record store where your CD would be sold what would you call it, and what other bands would you put in there with yours? " I’d call the section “Records that Don’t Suck” and I’d put Nick Hayes, Fu Manchu, Monster Magnet, PJ Harvey and, I don’t know, there’s a whole lot of other records that I’d put in there. You know, records that most people are afraid of."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "I understand that this is Femme Metal and we’re talking about a site that supports women in rock but I’ll take PJ Harvey and Juliette Lewis over some of these hookers I see in rock today. And that’s just my opinion. I hate to say it like that but I’m kind of old-school about it. I think it’s time women have respect for themselves."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "People I admire are people like Henry Rollins, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave. People like that aren’t massive, they’re cool. I’d rather be something like that than be Limp Bizkit."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "But when I was growing up there was nobody singing stuff like I'm singing. Young girls today have got Shirley Manson and PJ Harvey cool girls that other girls can relate to. I wish there had been someone whose records I could have listened to and said, 'Wow, that's how I'm living and that's what I'm going through."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): ""I'm not PJ Harvey or Shirley Manson, but I am Tairrie B and what I do I think I do well. Hopefully there'll be girls who look at me and say, 'If she can do it, I can do it'."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "Do you think it's more special for girls to see a female musician onstage? "F**k yeah," Tairrie roars. "But saying that, I went to see PJ Harvey with Nick Cave, and the first song Nick Cave did really meant something in my life and I was awestruck."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "As far as women, PJ Harvey, I love her, she's amazing. I feel kin to her on many levels even though all I do is the screaming thing I feel that we write very similarly in what we talk about like relationships."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "I have a few; I love PJ Harvey. I’ve seen her a few times live. My first experience was so intense: it’s like watching this tiny body on the stage, but when she opens her mouth, God comes out. I also love Patti Smith and Juliette Lewis."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "I covered ‘Rid Of Me’ on The Horror Of Beauty. I might have demolished it a little, but you know…I’m not a singer. I think Juliette is my favourite rock and roll singer right now."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "There are so many people today with all this clown make-up on and saying we’re gonna be shocking - and fuck off - you’re so not scary! Lamb Of God is scary, but you’re not scary! P.J. Harvey is scary, Nick Cave is scary. It’s psychological scary. It’s the perfect example of My Ruin. We don’t look scary, but I think everybody in this band is scary. It’s a different deal and a different kind of a scary thing. "

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "I’m very much into things like PJ Harvey and Nick Cave which is completely out of the metal world. Together I think we have different influences that come together."

Tarrie B(My Ruin): "the people that I admire like Rollins Band, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave and these people, they're not massive, yet they are so amazing. They are massive in that way."

Simon Ratcliffe(Basement Jaxx): "We really like Polly's new single "Good Fortune"

Groove Armada: "Decide to track PJ Harvey's roots for the episode"

Beth Orton: "I think PJ Harvey is great"

Mark Lanegan: " As for Harvey, is it true that Lanegan was intimidated to be singing with someone so noted for their voice? "I was probably trying to pretend I was humble when I said that," he rumbles. "I was excited to be working with her, she's fantastic. It was great. Why wouldn't it be?"

Mark Lanegan: "Well one of the highpoints of my recording career has been working with PJ Harvey"

Mark Lanegan: "Mark Lanegan sits in a threadbare armchair, backstage at the Birmingham Academy, where his Mark Lanegan Band are headlining tonight, cradling an iPod, scrolling through the menus to tell us what he’s been listening to of late: PJ Harvey; Greg Dulli’s Twilight Singers; (smog); Azure Ray; Cat Power; Martina Topley-Bird; PW Long, (feb 2004)

Mark Lanegan: "Working with PJ Harvey was just as rewarding. "That was like a dream come true," he said. "She came in with 20 ideas, where usually somebody might have one. And all her ideas were great, and she just did them bang, bang, bang. She was totally focused."

Mark Lanegan: "She sings a saucy duet with me on 'Come to Me,'" says Lanegan of Harvey. "And on a more straight ahead song called 'Hit the City.' I like it when she does the scary quiet stuff and the balls-out stuff too. It was really nerve-wracking for me. I'm really a big fan of hers -- she's a great singer and I'm a bricklayer."

Mark Lanegan: ""She was a fan of QOTSA and she approached me at one of our shows," he recalls. "She said she had Whiskey For The Holy Ghost and really liked it… I just jumped in, like I always do, and said, 'Well, you have to do something for my new record, then.' I mean, of course, who doesn't want to record with her?"

Mark Lanaegan: "Yeah, there's many great ones. P.J. Harvey comes to mind, I like her singing a lot, I like Martina Topely Bird singing, I like this woman Neko Case, I like her singing a lot, I like Isobel Campbell , I like Hope Sandoval. There's a lot of singers that I like. Almost always they are women."

Katy Steele(Little Birdy): “Probably Beck, Brighteyes (again), P.J Harvey, U2 and Radiohead. That’s a dream list.” (on who they would like to tour with)

Katy Steele(Little Birdy): "I was really into PJ Harvey at that point, really into rockin' out in my fishnets"

Katy Steele(Little Birdy): ""I really want to go - I mean, Excited, the first track on the album, it excites me in a lot of different ways because I really want to go down that Queens Of The Stone Age, PJ Harvey"

Katy Steele(Little Birdy): "But I just love PJ Harvey's old stuff! I want to draw inspiration from that -obviously not do what she does, do it my way"

Queens of The Stone Age: "What Queens are listening to on the tour bus" " Tomahawk-Tomahawk,
PJ Harvey-Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, Motorhead-No sleep 'til Hammersmith, Subhumans-From the Cradle to the Grave, Black Flag-Everything went Black, Bjork-Post, Cro-Mags- The Age of Quarrel"

Josh Homme: ""['Crawl Home'] is basically about two people who disagree over one idea," Homme said. "So Polly and I are in a car and the arguing gets more heated as it goes. It's a short song, so it's all about this one argument, but it gets very intense. She's, like, punching me in the head and I'm pushing her around. So it gets physical."

Josh Homme: "Do you like PJ Harvey?" "I like PJ Harvey a lot. Wow, she's really great" "Do you want to meet her?" "No I'm happy to admire from a afar"(2001 big day out)

Josh Homme: "Josh goes to watch PJ Harvey's set" (2001 big day out)

Josh Homme: "PJ Harvey, for one, was incredible. She really opened up and came out of her shell. Going up to Joshua Tree and recording at this house isn’t like a studio, you know? It’s a lot of recording in the shower or out by the fire pit under a full moon outside. Which smashes the magnifying glass effect you get in the studio. As for her vocals, we tracked them in the laundry room and outside. The whole house is a living, breathing studio."

Josh Homme: "I do admire people like Iggy Pop. Tom Waits, Bjork, PJ Harvey or Howlin' Wolf, but I don't get unobjective there.

Josh Homme: "I've been a fan for ten years and she's a true artist and poet"(2004)

Josh Homme: "People assume it's a heavy scene because PJ is there and Twiggy is there. Yeah they are there but Polly's asking everyone if they would like a cup of tea, Twiggy's cooking eggs and Dean Ween is in the next room trying to play his accordian"

Josh Homme: "Nobody's ever applauded at a Desert Session before, but when that was finished we all stood up and applauded because it was so beautiful. It's a highlight of the ten Desert Session. The lyrics are heart-wrenching"(on There will never be a better time)

Josh Homme: "PJ's a sweetheart, I'm a fan and have been for years. I've always wanted the chance to write a song with her"

Josh Homme: "How do you choose the personnel?" "You have to build the right chemistry. I knew it was there with Polly cos we met on the big day out-which I call the big day off because you get plenty of time to know people"

Josh Homme: "Do you fancy Polly Harvey?" "Yeah! I think she's beautiful(laughs). Don't you agree? It's easy to think that a beautiful intelligent woman is worth hangin' around- she's great"

Nick Oliveri: "You've taken me away from PJ Harvey! I love her"

Graham Coxon: "PJ harvey is nothing very complicated! All she talks about is she wishes she was a man and she talks about her monthlies, and she talks about some dress she can't fit into and that's about it really! She's very good PJ Harvey, i don't want any of that other nonsense being put. I want that destroyed, cos i've changed my mind!"

Damon Albarn: "Here's a woman that comes from rural britain, though she looks and sounds like she comes from somewhere else"

D'arcy Wretzky(Smashing Pumpkins): "PJ Harvey "Down By The Water- "This next song is by the wonderful PJ Harvey. If you
don't get this song the first time, maybe you'll get
it the second time...and if you don't get it the
second or third time, then I feel bad for you because
it's really good music."

Nicky Wire: "Now here is a song called Good Fortune from another of my favourite artists PJ Harvey..I love her boots" (assuming that's along the lines of what was said. lol)

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 am 

Following Placebo quotes dedicated to stuntboy =) :

Placebo: "I think we'd love to work with PJ Harvey, yeah, that would be really good."

Placebo: "Get the priviledge of watching PJ Harvey before we go on, although a festival is probably not the best way to see her, or any other band for that matter."

Placebo: "Bri's over the moon as he got a chance to properly talk to Polly and feels there is a connection. Maybe time to ask about a duet?"

Placebo: " See a bit of PJ at the Palais with Bri and The Egg. She's good. Bri makes a night of it, high on Australia." (from their tour diary)

Placebo: "Placebo - Julien
Siouxsie and the Banshees – Happy house
The Dead Weather – I cut like a buffalo
Sonic Youth – Kool thing
Placebo – I know (nicht die Version von 2008, die es eigentlich sein sollte)
Kiss – I was made for loving you
The Hours - Ali In The Jungle
PJ Harvey – Sheela-Na-Gig
Depeche Mode – Never let me down
Unkle – Burn my shadow
The Cure – The end of the world
Placebo – Happy you’re gone(their track list for some radio show they hosted)

Placebo: "Hardly wait,I think.I love this track so much,it’s included on a B-side.We did it a few months ago and it’s amazing."

Placebo: ""Music is such an incredible art form. Think how Kylie Minogue elicits a response in certain people, whilst PJ Harvey has a completely different identification with others. It's such a broad spectrum to play with and I think, as musicians and artists, we're interested in exploring all those that pique our interest,"

Brian Molko: "She's my absolute favourite"

Brian Molko: "After I moved to London I heard PJ Harvey for the first time and the emotional intensity and depth of the album, Dry, also had a very, very big effect on me. I guess when I went into the idea of a band I kind of wanted to marry the kind of dissonant, atonal beauty of Sonic Youth's experimentalization with the kind of pained confessional and highly emotional quality that PJ Harvey's music has."

Brian Molko: "When will you sing with PJ Harvey?" " When she says yes… She already refused then… With her, one day it is yes, the following day it is no. I think it is similar with Bjork, the duet remains possible, when, I do not know.(translated from french)

Brian Molko: "Even in a writing, direction you are not limited by the formula power trio? There is something of magic in figure 3. Historically, there are Jimi Hendrix Experience, Husker Du, PJ Harvey at the beginning, Police… There is something special with the equilateral triangle… it' is important to respect this triangle" (translated from french)

Brian Molko: "Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, Nick Drake, The Pixies(his musical influences)

Brian Molko: " Two new cover songs as B-Sides., PJ Harvey’s – Hardly Wait (The Never-Ending Why)"

Brian Molko: ""Absolutely. I have a problem with 'disposable' anything. Music that's always moved me is stuff that's touched on the human condition and said something about it and been vulnerable and fragile to a point. I mean, are you gonna call the first two PJ Harvey albums new grave?"

Brian Molko: ""They're naked, they're emotional, they're vulnerable, they're fragile. They're not 'baby, I love you' because life isn't 'baby, I love you'."

Brian Molko: "A lot of Polly Harvey’s early work was tapped into a sense of yearning and desire which I understood.”

Brian Molko: "Songs that changed my life: "SHEELA-NA-GIG, PJ HARVEY
Steve[Hewitt, drums] introduced me to PJ Harvey when we were at university. Her songwriting instantly became a big influence on me. I was struck by how individual her voice was and then by how taut and nervous the instrumentation was. It was so expressive of internal torment, desire, lust and rejection. She’s always been very brave, she’s not afraid to make a record that sounds like someone bleeding on you.
Find it : Dry, 1992"

Brian Molko: "We’re going to mix with Flood, who worked with Depeche Mode on “Violator”, with the Smashing Pumpkins and PJ Harvey, albums we love and who influence us."

Brian Molko: "I'd like to sing with Bjork and I'd like to sing with Polly Harvey."

Brian Molko: "What would the process be to get that duet with you and PJ Harvey going? Is it just you picking up the phone and saying hello? "Well, no, she's one of my favourite singers so I think I would need to have the guts to ask her, you know? (Laughs)"

Brian Molko: "I used biblical elements in writing our songs, a little in the manner of Nick Cave and PJ Harvey. I feel close to these artists. And also of large romantic French writers who drew from the biblical imagery."

Brian Molko: "Brian's top albums (as of early 2000):
PJ Harvey - Dry
Patti Smith Group - Radio Ethiopia
Sonic Youth - Goo
Billie Holiday - The Story
Mogwai - Come On Die Young
The Breeders - Pod
The Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
Girls Against Boys - House of GVSB
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Chopin - Nocturnes
DJ Shadow - Entroducing"

Brian Molko:"Who else would you like to work with ?
P.j. Harvey, Josh Homme, David Bowie."

Brian Molko: "WHICH RECORD CHANGED YOUR LIFE?
"There’s two. ‘Goo’, the first record I heard by Sonic Youth, around my 16th birthday, and ‘Dry’ by PJ Harvey. Sonic Youth sounded like nothing I’d ever heard and opened up so many sonic possibilities to me. PJ Harvey’s record was so powerful, emotional and raw."

Brian Molko: "Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey. “I wanted to [make] a band that was a cross between Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey - to kind of have this no rules ethic that Sonic Youth has, the beauty you find in dissonance and atonality. How they are, to me, is being incredibly beautiful without being pretty all the time. They represent infinite possibilities, with quite the limited instruments of the guitar. And there’s the kind of unbelievably, almost, sometimes painfully professional quality of the first two records of Polly Harvey.”

Brian Molko: "Who were your heroes when you first started out playing guitar?"
"The Dead Kennedys and Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey particularly."

Brian Molko: " We remember music since Post Punk in the 70s and early 80s, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey and contemporary and electronic music."

Brian Molko: " As I said earlier, Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey are my favorite artists. Our experimental and dense guitar is influenced by those artists. PJ Harvey’s first two albums, in which you can sense pain, as if they were bleeding on you, made a huge influence on me. So basically it’s a combination of many different styles."

Brian Molko: "Molko identifies with iconoclasts such as Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Bjork, Radiohead and, especially, PJ Harvey ("a woman I worship"). They represent the triumph of individual musicians who create their own universe," says Molko. "They have their own rules and follow them with total disregard for fashion and style."

Brian Molko: "Doing something with Polly Harvey would be super. Something Bonnie and Clyde"

Brian Molko: "Seen any great bands lately?
'Yes, that's one of the advantages of touring. Most surprissing this summer I found Interpol, Elbow and Grandaddy. And Polyphonic Spree was fucking unbelievable at Reading. Just like PJ Harvey with guitarist Mick Harvey from The Bad Seeds.'

Brian Molko: "We used to get a lot inspiration listening to Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode... "

Brian Molko: "Well anyone in particular that you would like to work with?" "Chuck D, Polly Harvey!"

Brian Molko: "Most famous person you've met this year?" "PJ Harvey. Outside Ladbroke Grove tube station by accident. Her drummer Rob Ellis worked on our new album."

Brian Molko: ""Like Radiohead and PJ Harvey, we create our own universe with our own rules, and we can break those rules if we want to,"

Brian Molko: "When I started the band more than a decade ago, I had this idea of it being a cross between Sonic Youth and P.J. Harvey. So there, you have some idea of where I'm coming from"

Brian Molko: "I am really very proud. Without wanting to be pretentious or arrogant, I do not think that there are many people who perhaps write such honest texts… with the exception of PJ Harvey!"(translated from french)

Brian Molko: ""When I heard the first P.J. Harvey album," Molko explains, "I thought, This is what I want to make - something that carries emotional weight."

Brian Molko: "I heard PJ Harvey for the first time. At that point I decided I wanted to make music that carried a similar kind of emotional weight and a similar kind of fragility and vulnerability and humanity."

Brian Molko: "And if you go to the record shop and can still find us between PJ Harvey and Portishead we'll be happy."

Brian Molko: "I’ve been obsessed with Sonic Youth and P J Harvey, and I was very heavily into Jane’s Addiction as a student, but I was always motivated by total musical brilliance. Listening to guitars bounce off each other is like Cupid’s arrow.”

Brian Molko: "I was always attracted by women in music, the strong women. When I was young I was obsessed with Janis Joplin, I always adored Kim Deal of Pixies, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, and then PJ Harvey, she was a great discovery and one very very great influence on me. And her music it is rather vulgar, but it is rather sexy also. I find that this has more balls than the majority of songs by bands like Limp Bizkit and many rappers which speak about money, Bitches and hoes, and all that all the time."

Brian Molko: "Brian is a big fan of PJ's work (he cites her debut, Dry, as one of his top 10 albums) and they've appeared in photos together; they were rumored to do a duet on one of Queens Of The Stone Age's Desert Session albums but Brian apparently didn't show up"

Brian Molko: I stole that line from PJ Harvey, which she stole frpm Captain Beefheart(on brick shithouse)

Brian Molko: "I have always been attracted to people like Janis Joplin, PJ Harvey and even Bjork. People who have individual voices. People who test."

Brian Molko: "I think The Kills is one of the best bands at the moment. And Alison was very easy to work with, very straightforward - a kindred soul. And you don't meet a lot of people like that. Polly Harvey, Justin Warfield, Michael Stipe... I don't think there are more than that."

Brian Molko: "And I think touring with PJ Harvey and the Queens of the Stoneage and at the drive-in, the Big Day out a few years ago, it really opened our eyes, when you play with people like that- they restore your faith in rock n roll. They also take up a new standard, a new benchmark of rock and roll that you have to adhere to, you know, like anything that doesn’t adhere to that standard, well you may as well forget it. so that tour, it kinda gave us like a new lease of life, really and it taught us a great deal, you know?"

Brian Molko: "Sexiest person in music" "Polly Harvey"

Brian Molko: "As a result of all the years of anticipation, there was a heightened sense of excitement and desperation to finally see her performing live, and I was particularly determined to go down to Melbourne to see one of her two solo gigs. As a result, everyone at The Palais in St Kilda sure was smiling a lot, and seemed to be on an unspoken congratulatory level with each other. It was like -'We made it!' Even Placebo's Brian Molko, who raised his hand in a regal greeting to the few thrilled audience members who noticed him slipping down a side aisle, was grinning uncontrollably."

Brian Molko: "Who do you admire?" "Christopher Walken for his dignity, Obama for his nerve, PJ Harvey because she is such strong woman and Radiohead because they are a great band"

Brian Molko: "I was just trying to describe this to somebody...you know when you listen to music - especially if you listen to Billie holliday or something - it’s so sad but it’s so beautiful? It fills you with life. It’s very life affirming. That’s the kind of music that I like best. That’s why I was always a very big PJ Harvey fan, she was a great inspiration to me. I think that music is a universal language, really, it’s the universal communicator of emotion. it goes beyond language"

Brian Molko: "THREE RECORDS YOU’D GIVE FIVE Ks TO?
" ‘Bakesale’ by Sebadoh, which is unbelievably heart-wrenching. ‘Sister’ by Sonic Youth, which is their ‘Sgt. Pepper’. And PJ Harvey’s ‘Rid Of Me’, which is one of the sassiest, most disturbing, in-your-f***ing-face girl power records ever."

Brian Molko: "I've got this
incredibly strong attraction to strange females of rock. I love Janis
Joplin, Polly Harvey and Billie Holiday, because when they open their mouths
you hear so much soul. You hear so much of their lives in there. They
communicate sadness and pain in a completley joyful way, strangly
enough, which sounds contradictory, but is actually extremely powerful for
me. "

Brian Molko: "P f**cking J f**cking Harvey"

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:27 pm 

Quote:
Josh Homme: "Nobody's ever applauded at a Desert Session before, but when that was finished we all stood up and applauded because it was so beautiful. It's a highlight of the ten Desert Session. The lyrics are heart-wrenching"

Do you know w hat song he was talking about?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:16 pm 

Shadowboxer wrote:
Quote:
Josh Homme: "Nobody's ever applauded at a Desert Session before, but when that was finished we all stood up and applauded because it was so beautiful. It's a highlight of the ten Desert Session. The lyrics are heart-wrenching"

Do you know w hat song he was talking about?

^ There will never be a better time. I thought I had typed that...no obviously didn't. I'll have to edit it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 pm 

Ringo Starr: "In attendance at the Mayan Theatre is Ringo Starr(95 TBYML tour)

Perry Farrell: "Spotted at the PJ Harvey show at LA's Mayan Theater"

Perry Farrell: "Enjoying PJ & Tricky's "Broken Homes"

Tori Amos: "Polly always does stunning work"

Tori Amos: "Polly Harvey, we're friends. She's going to try to teach me how to plant brussel sprouts"

Tori Amos: "Bjork makes me think I can jump off rooftops, and Polly makes me want to eat mangoes so I don't stay dry 24 hours a day."

Tori Amos: "Like when I listen to Polly's words, I see pieces of me that I'm not willing to see."

Tori Amos: "I also had a talk with Polly Harvey," she says, referring to a peer with seemingly equal intensity. "To be honest, Polly said, 'Tori, you've got to lighten up.' Polly is telling me this! Funny that, huh? She said: 'You've got to get a sense of humor about [touring] and stop taking this so personally.' And you know what? She was right."

Tori Amos: ""I'll tell you now that there has not been one woman from a band that's turned up at my gigs. Polly Harvey and Bjork are the only women I know in the music business. I know hundreds of men in bands. And not just because they wanna get with me. There just ain't that kind of supportiveness among women in rock."

Tori Amos: "I wrote it about my own experience. I got all that nastiness out. The truth is, if there's a part of you, of Polly [Jean Harvey], of Bjork, or of Courtney Love, which is the black widow, then you will relate to the song. If people don't feel that way, they won't resonate with it.(on her song Professional widow)

Tori Amos: "The trio thing [Q Magazine] was 1994. it was just a magical day. I really like those two. I had met Bjork before, 10 years ago. I have huge respect for her and for Polly. I haven't seen them in while, but messages get passed back and forth. We're always in a different part of the world. Once the camera was gone, we began to see what each other was about, and in a very brief amount of time we built up a huge amount of trust."

Tori Amos: "What were your impessions of each other before you met?" "Total respect for them" (on Bjork and PJ)

Tori Amos: "People’s perceptions of Polly seem to be completely off. Compared to when I met her, excuse me, but Polly was like an angel. So loving. So I think whoever made her out to be this mad bitch women has done her an injustice.(Q magazine 94)

Tori Amos: "One woman, who I would say is one of your few contemporaries, who I would say is “ageless” is PJ Harvey. She released White Chalk around the same time as American Doll Posse. Now Abnormally Attracted to Sin is being released in close proximity to PJ & John Parish’s A Man a Woman Walked By. What would a Tori Amos-PJ Harvey record sound like?" "Well, we’d have to stop laughing and drinking in order to do it. We’ve run across each other many times over the years, we share the same agent. I haven’t seen her recently. You become a mom, you get involved in your life, and she’s involved in her life, and you keep missing each other, from town to town and city to city but there’s always been goodwill on both sides on both sides of that fence. I think that because we’ve both been creating for a long time and do very different kind of work. There’s always been a feeling of ‘wow, that’s another bird flying in the distance, doing beautifully."

Tori Amos: "The media likes to put labels on people. You know, Bjork's the pixir, Polly the Sex Goddess, Tori, the Fairy Princess. And now at 41, the idea of being considered a Fairy princess is quite magnificent."

Tori Amos: "Plays PJ Harvey's "Down by The Water" for her stint on 120 minutes"

Tori Amos: "Tori gives a list of songs she would put on the perfect drive time tape."
Bjork - Human Behaviour
Marvin Gaye - whats going on
Beck - New Pollution
Divine Comedy - Something for the weekend
The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
Joni Michell - A case of you
Led Zeppelin - When the levee breaks
PJ Harvey - 50f Queenie
Bartok - Bluebeards Castle
Nick Cave - Henry's Dreams"

Tori Amos: "WHAT SHE'S LISTENING TO:
* Spoonface, Ben Christophers
* Harvest Moon, Neil Young
* Graceland, Paul Simon
* Rumours, Fleetwood Mac
* Song Review, Stevie Wonder
* To Bring You My Love, PJ Harvey(Vogue 2002)

Tori Amos: ""Past and Present. It's..........you know, the one thing we have in common is that we're all very different.(smiles) And you always come back to the thing of 'Hey, this is what I do.' These are my experiences, growing up in North Carolina as a daughter of a minister, experienced some violent situations, finding myself again and again and again in this victim scene, thinking I'm this little martyr and it's just...KGGR (puts her finger in her mouth). And at a certain point you go on the marshmellows tour and let's have a little roast. And that's what I know of Polly has another set of experiences as Bjork."'

Tori Amos: "If I had to compare myself to any other artist it would have to be PJ Harvey"

Tori Amos: "11. Beautiful Feeling - PJ Harvey" (in a list of some of her current favourites 04 or 05)

Tori Amos: "10. You Said Something - PJ Harvey
A lot of times women will say, "I can't believe you've just said that." But women can hit below the belt, too. I think that a man being able to bust a woman on her insensitivity would be great."(lon her list of songs men should sing)

Tori Amos: "There's a misconception that women support other women. Polly Harvey and I have talked alot about that - she's very supportive of me and I'm supportive of her and it's not competitive. It isn't always like that.(Q 96)

Sarah Blasko: "Who have been your greatest influences?" "David Byrne, Bjork, PJ Harvey, Paul McCartney and John Lennon"

Sarah Blasko: "I'm also listening to PJ Harvey, M.I.A., Feist and Joan As Police Woman"

Sarah Blasko: "Frente - Ordinary Angels, Sonic Youth - Kool thing, PJ Harvey - Send his love to me" (her favourite songs)

Sarah Blasko: "5. PJ Harvey - 'To Bring You My Love': I love the way she uses her voice on this album, and the simplicity and strength of the arrangements - plenty of spooky organs and soundscapes. There's a lot of religious imagery too, which is quite unique."(her top 5 albums of all time)

Sarah Blasko: "Top three albums of the year
1. Somewhere, Anywhere, New Buffalo
2. White Chalk, PJ Harvey
3. The Reminder, Feist"

Carina Round: "We are featuring you alongside Ani DiFranco as two of the best ‘women that rock’ from both sides of the atlantic. How do you feel about that?" "Err, hello? Sinead O’Conner, PJ Harvey, even Kate Bush. I think the UK is really pregnant at the moment. Kathryn Williams’ OLD LOW LIGHT is beautiful. That girl’s sound is the dog’s bollocks! Gemma Hayes too, and that Beth Gibbons gig completely blew me away. Thea Gilmore seems to be shaking things up too and Katell Keineg is someone I’ll always bang on about. Naturally, I’m honoured and slightly bewildered."

Carina Round: "On the PJ Harvey Comparisons "As much as [they] make me want to stab myself in the face, she's great."

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:59 am, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:01 pm 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
There will never be a better time. I thought I had typed that...no obviously didn't. I'll have to edit it.
Thanks. Flawless song. I would be clapping, shaking and crying if I were present in the studio during the recording.

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Tori Amos: "Bjork makes me think I can jump off rooftops, and Polly makes me want to eat mangoes so I don't stay dry 24 hours a day."
:eyeroll: This bitch...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:32 am 

Bjork: "This might sound really arrogant, I don’t know, but when it comes to people who make music, I’m not very interested in most cases. That doesn’t mean I think they’re bad, they just don’t do anything for me. But I could tell very quickly when I heard Polly’s album and Tori’s album that I’d like them. When I met Polly, it was really relaxed and I have to say that she was like I expected her to be."

Bjork: " I didn’t get that “mad bitch” impression from listening to Polly’s records. I thought she sounded like a caring person. I didn’t expect her to turn up with a chainsaw."

Bjork: "Björk memorably said that she reminded her of Clint Eastwood: "Everything is understated."

Bjork: "Polly is very much part of the scene"

Bjork: "I was asked to perform at the Brit awards and they asked me to
do a duet with Meatloaf. And I was like 'Yeah; thank you. But sometimes
you have two things you like, like chocolate and onions (* Hmmmm; which
is Meatloaf and which is Bjork :) *), but maybe you shouldn't cook the
same dish out of it.' They said 'OK OK OK OK' and then they suggested
David Bowie, and I was again like 'I'm very honoured, he's a genius and
everything, but I'm not sure we have a lot to give to each other today.
Maybe it's not the right timing or something.' 'OK OK OK' And then I'm
like 'Can I make a suggestion?' 'Okay' 'Can I ask Polly?' 'Yeah, Yeah'
And I asked Polly and she said yes too, and I was so happy.'

Bjork: "PJ Harvey

Polly Harvey, known to her many fans as PJ, is one of the leading beat
stars among young people today. You may already have heard of her.

"I HAVE to be very boring and predictable and everybody's going to puke,
I mean, Polly's still my hero. I can't think of anyone, especially not a
girl, that's outdone her. I could talk about her for 9 hours. I think
the new album is brilliant. Polly's got very, very many sides to her.
She used to play a brass instrument in an orchestra. Everybody just
thinks she's the rock chick, but it's got absolutely nothing to do with
that. think she's going to stick in there for another 50 years, simply
doing new things. I don't really think I have a lot in common with her.
I don't know her very well, but we've met a few times. We send each
other presents. She sends me a little - no, it's a secret, it's too
personal. It's not really good to say that." (on her women of the year 96)

Bjork: "."Can you imagine? Me and Meat Loaf! Using my most natural right, I
refused. If I am to share the stage with someone, it should be someone
that I like and respect his/her music. The first person that popped up
in my mind was PJ Harvey. They had offered her to duet with Jamiroquai
at first"

Bjork: "Have you seen Polly Harvey and Tori Amos since your Q cover with them
in '94? (Alan Kerr, Bidford-on-Avon)" "I talk to Polly more, probably because she lives in England. We don't
see each other regularly, I wouldn't say we're friends exactly. But we
all definitely give each other mutual support. We have similar jobs.
Tori is magical, euphoric and it's enjoyable to be around her. Polly has
more of an earthy quality. She's so truthful and has so much integrity." (2000)

Bjork: "Björk would love to work with O'Connor and the equally off-kilter Polly
Harvey, but most of her collaborations so far have been with men. Women,
she says, rarely are willing to make the sacrifices needed to write the
perfect pop song, which is her aspiration."

Bjork: "Hi Björk: you've worked with Polly Jean Harvey in the past
(1994) Do you think you'llswork together again on some
project or something?" "i'm getting more and more introvert and closer in creating the
world i 've had in my head since i was a kid , the older i get .
to make what's outside me (my tunes that is) same as inside me .
but then again i'm spoiled rotten cause i've developed through
the years work relationships that are now as good ,communicative ,
deep and intimate as they can get . so i guess
the answer is both yes and no. we'll just have to see . we do stay in touch which is a great
support to me" (chat transcript 95)

Bjork: "Do you plan to do any more work with PJ Harvey?
We meet sometimes and giggle about how obvious it is that we
are gonna do this until we're 80. But I'm not sure if we'll
work together, we'll just have to see that. But what is more
important is that I think we can support each other. And
obviously we understand quite easily without any words each
other's jobs."

Bjork: "you are my favorite singer who is yours" "Elis Regina, Nusrat Alleh Fateh Khan, Chaka Khan, Chet Baker,
Milton Nascimento, Polly, and Martina (she sings with Tricky).
I'm probably forgetting someone."

Bjork: "I was approached by four
of the biggest selling artists in the world to sing with her at the
Brits but she desperately wanted to sing with Polly Harvey"

Bjork: "That is much likelier. She is the one artist I expect the most
from now. Her new album is gonna be unbelievable. She is using much more
instruments now" (on whether a duet is likely)

Bjork: "I also like a lot of music from
England, like Tricky and PJ Harvey. I listen to a lot of techno, but if
you went to a record store, it would be classified as "intellectual
techno."

Bjork: "The last time me and Polly Harvey met we were joking that we would be
fucking 80 years old and still trying to talk each other out of stage-
diving because our bones are getting too old for it!"

Bjork: "She's telling me about a concert she and Naomi
Campbell went to last week: Tricky opening for PJ Harvey. "Polly and
Tricky. And Ren and Stimpy. Those are my four favourites." then she
stops to think about how that quote will look in print. "That's very
'Björk,' huh?" She sighs and shrugs."

Bjork: ""I had people camping outside my house in London," she sighs. "I would
go away for month at a time, and I'd arrive from the airport, go to my
house, and half an hour later there'd be paparazzi following me around.
It's a very English thing, a little bit in France too, but not here. PJ
Harvey moved over here because of that. Same thing."

Bjork: "I Met her again during the recording of Vespertine in in New York and she recalled the photo shoot with PJ Harvey and Tori Amos." "When we meet that connection is still there; she says. We tell each other what we're going through and understand in the way that no one else can. We're in the same jobs, seeing through thee bullshit to how you can really feel - but we're also very different. Tori is magical and euphoric, while Polly has a more earthy quality"

Bjork: "They looked almost like kindred spirits with a sisterly bond between them. Afterwards they were spotted holding hands supportively at the same table all night long, because they were both nervous and uncomfortable at the increasing media exposure they were experiencing early in their careers."

Bjork: "One of the people she thanks in the post liner notes is PJ Harvey(Polly)"

Bjork: "Bjork was seen at her friend PJ Harvey's show last night(2001)"

Bjork: ""I was asked to perform at the Brits Awards in February 1994 and i insisted on doing a duet. They suggested Meat Loaf. So i said i don't want to do it ... there was so much politics involved. The only person i could imagine doing a duet with, 'cause it was an English thing, was Polly Harvey. She was so cool about it; there was so much bol1ocks around it, all the sorts of things you hate most in the world are present in that single event. She was in my team against the rest. It was really, really cool. We did one song, and she came and sat next to me through the whole thing and it was just a sort of support thing. With Polly, you just look at her and you know. She's really really cool. She reminds me a bit of Clint Eastwood; her spirit - everything's understated. She's the kind of person you don't have to talk a lot to. I like her."
-Bjork Gumundsdottir

Bjork: " So we just carried on a conversation as we got moved around in this sea of people. She talked about PJ Harvey a lot and how they were sending eachother gifts while on tour cuz they couldn't see eachother enough. "(Awww <3)

Justine Frischmann(Elastica): "Who are your heroes and heroines?" "Jack Sullivan, Bristol My mum. She's still supercool and very open-minded. I want to be like her when I grow up. Otherwise PJ Harvey, Patti Smith, Debbie Harry and Marlene Dietrich."

Justine Frishchmann(Elastica): "I adore PJ Harvey, but I didn't like how she had become all americanized with "To Bring You My Love" I really miss her cute English accent on dry"

Justine Frischmann(Elastica): "Justine cites PJ Harvey's "Stories from The City, Stories from the sea as one of the best of the year" (And she thought TBYML was too commercial?!)

Justine Frischmann(Elastica): "However, one day while listening to P.J. Harvey and disigning a car park, Frischmann realized how much she missed music and, in 1992 in London, formed Elastica with Welch"

Kat Bjelland: "Kat considers the white stripes, pj harvey and sonic youth to be peers."

Carrie Brownstein(Sleater Kinney): "PJ Harvey is such a great guitarist, but she's such a great song writer so that I think overshadows her guitar playing"

Carrie Brownstein(Sleater Kinney): "Her lyrics are simple, but they're really good"

Carrie Brownstein(Sleater Kinney): "She has such a guttural voice"

Carrie Browstein(Sleater Kinney): "She's such a great lyricist, and her sound is so heavy and guttural. This is what it would sound like if you miked someone's insides ripped out. She reels you in with quiet and pretty and just spits you back out again"

Carrie Brownstein(Sleater Kinney): " List of favourite albums 99 - "PJ Harvey- Is This Desire?
-Magnetic Fields-I Don't Believe you
- Calexico-The Black Light"

Corin Tucker(Sleater Kinney): "List of favourite albums 99 - "PJ Harvey- Is This Desire"
-Solex-Solex Vs the Hitmeister
-Throwing Muses- In A Doghouse

Corin Tucker(Sleater Kinney): "PJ Harvey - Sheela-Na-Gig
I can imply myself really personally in my songs, but that is not necessarily autobiographical. You can write a fiction that talks about you. On our last disc, I slipped myself in the not skin poorly of personages to write. But which is written always speaks of the author. Already on her first disc, PJ Harvey mixed a lot of fiction and reality, until to completely disappear the lived party as on Is This Desire? This is more interesting, for all the histories are seen eyes of the same woman." (translated from french)

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:11 am 

Patti Smith: ""PJ Harvey does really fine work"

Patti Smith: ""It was an honor having PJ Harvey as my presenter because I respect her music so much."(Q awards 97)

Patti Smith: ""What contemporary bands do you rate?" " I saw some of PJ Harvey at Roskilde, and I thought they did great, and their people really felt an energy. "(NME 2001)

Patti Smith: "Patti chose some music for the radio show, and here are her choices:
> > > 1 Summer's Almost Gone Doors
> > > 2 Alone Again Or Calexico
> > > 3 Heart Shaped Box Nirvana
> > > 4 Like A Rolling Stone Bob Dylan
> > > 5 Summertime Blues Who
> > > 6 Good Fortune PJ Harvey
> > > 7 Grace Jeff Buckley
> > > 8 The Hardest Button To Button White Stripes
> > > 9 Hard To Explain Strokes
> > > 10 Summertime Billy Stewart
> > > 11 Optimistic Radiohead
> > > 12 Lotus R.E.M."(2003)

Patti Smith: "How do you feel about some of the current women like PJ Harvey and Courtney Love who seem to be greatly influenced by your work? "Well, I think they're doing a really good job. I can remeber a time when females didn't express themselves-not only physically like that, or with voices that weren't traditional girl-singing voices-but writing their own pieces. I like them" (Spin 96)

Patti Smith: "HAIL HARVEY

Polly Harvey has a great new song from her forth coming album England Shaking.

Here is the beautifully shot Seamus Murphy video.

Where shall we take our problems...... (blog entry from her self-run official website)

Patti Smith: "She spent her morning reading and "listening to Polly Harvey's new song – she has this new song, The Words That Maketh Murder – what a great song. It just makes me happy to exist. Whenever anyone does something of worth, including myself, it just makes me happy to be alive. So I listened to that song all morning, totally happy."

Joni Mitchell: "She's inspiring , I really love her music, she's so orginal, a great rebellious admirable rock lady"

Suzanne Vega: ""I'm thinking of P. J. Harvey whose first and second album were promoted
in press with a slew of intimate photographs; some hideously deformed,
with her face or lips pressed against a pane of glass, some with her
being naked and her hair flying in a wide wet circle. Why would she want
to look like that, as opposed to, say, Audrey Hepburn? Because she
doesn't want to be judged from the outside, she wants to be looked at
from the inside out. "

Inger Lorre(The Nymphs): "As for the rest of Lorre's new album, she says it's nothing like the Nymphs. "It's really angst-y, very dramatic music," she says. "Like if PJ Harvey and Patti Smith merged and Massive Attack came along for the ride... I worship at the altar of PJ Harvey."

Inger Lorre(The Nymphs): "It was just Inger and her guitar singing covers Lou Reed, Patti Smith, PJ Harvey"

Luscious Jackson: "Recently the ladies were caught checking out "Blues-rock songstress P.J. Harvey's show at the Wiltern Theatre in L.A." (99)

Carole King: "Carole King was seen at PJ Harvey's concert at the Mayan Theater"

Hole: "Also in attendance were Hole grunge-pop singer Courtney Love, guitarist Eric Erlandson"

Courtney Love: "There is a weakness in the female character, so I'm going to cover it up and I'm going to create this masculine persona." That's sort of what PJ Harvey does. I mean I love PJ Harvey, but fuck that, I am not just like a guy. None of us in this band are."

Courtney Love: "I went through Polly’s luggage.

I went to find PJ—I love U2, but the show was too big and Peej wasn’t getting enough love. Everyone was in the famous people room, so I went to find her and she had already split and there was nothing but me and her luggage, so I looked.
It was really tidy and together.
All the shoes were in separate bags and all the gowns were in muslin dress bags.
Her makeup was all Mac and in a perfectly contained storage unit.
There was no sprawl or excess.
I’m still freaked out and feel the need to confess.
She was pretty much a minimalist right? Someone needs to make me feel better about this.
The deli platter hadn’t been touched and there was no evidential signs of booze—why can’t I be more like her?
I wore this great flapper dress onstage the other night and it just fell off, like it burned off and the doors fell off and a mirror broke and rooms get trashed—like why can’t I be tidy like PJ?
Any intellectuals have a theory on her tidy luggage, it was so fucking Zen.
It was either Rock Star totally and I just don’t understand or—I don’t know, I’m confused.
Maybe I need to let her know I went through the luggage, like not riffed, and OBVIOUSLY I would never open a journal but I just wanted to sort of see what she does with her bags.
I mean bag.
It was one suitcase—tasteful.
I mean, I have like racks and racks and shit everywhere and feathers and sequins and the blood of virgins, etc. etc., and here’s PJ with one tidy-assed bag and I felt very confused.and one more detail of the dressing room
the booze was untouched- and there was a plastic bag from whole foods- empty
she was also like- three million miles from the u2 dressing rooms which i found disheartening- she has the same manager etc-
she played fifty foot queenie all by herself and thats when SHE swallowed up madison square garden it was only when her band came on with her ( one female) that madison square gardens ate her up
maybe shes a fucking skinny ocd loner and she should just rock herself
listen to that 4 track demos record- im not a brian wilson person but i am a dylan person and i think 4 track demos stands up to any boomer as the purest music ever made by a white person
you can hear her hiding from her parents ( what goes on there?) in the dead dead of winter int he dead dead of night surrounded buy this whole jane austen meets bohemian ( all i know of her parents is that her father is a 'sculptor" sculptors scare the shit out of me- they all have man ego's- norman mailer ego's but more exotic- like less ambitioous disciplined architects- this is an evil generlisation but i dont care id never date a sculptor- why not just be a rockstar or an Architect instead? check out celebrity children of sculptors sometime- i've kept a tab and the Results arent that pretty)
And frozen in her place she has her four track and something is muffling her ( not wanting to wake anyone up?) but she fucking kills you anyway
All by herself
I was sort of happy she was'nt there because I get a little formal and huge around her

Here’s my other me and PJ story.

I had heard of this hotel in London, the Portobello. It was supposed to be really cute and special—I just came back from France and was for some reason all into my French Riviera rich-lady outfit thing, like i was really really put together. …
I go to this little teeny lobby and there’s these little eccentric people and they show me this little teeny perfectly appointed room—it’s so small, barely my shoes fit—this is their biggest room—it’s also got a quill pen and ink pot.
I immediately call my assistant and say, “Hey, you know, you gotta get me into a big hotel. I’m way too big for this place…” I’m now walking up the stairs on the cell phone. “I mean listen, if I was PJ Harvey I could like… fit and use the quill pen.”
Boom, I’m back in the lobby—there’s PJ—she totally hears me say this. She’s in really nice black pants and a little red t-shirt, checking out to go to Germany. I totally cop to it: “This is such a you place, but I’m like a galumph, I need the Royal Suite at the whatever—so my shoes can fit.”
She just nods ruefully, and I think—like when I saw the bags last night—”why can’t I be like together like she is.”
I am so humiliated and laughing that I’m in my French Riviera costume, my luggage so overwhelming it’s falling out the door of this hotel—I mean one big suitcase is just books, one is just underwear, whatever—whoa I’m a consumer I guess.
And of all the people in the world I mention because the quill pen just drove me bananas—I could see PJ sitting at the teensy desk writing all those great lyrics, tortured beyond belief, while I have to spread out all over many rooms—even in a slum, I don’t care—and I’m barking her name “IF I WAS PJ HARVEY MAYBE I COULD STAY IN THIS PLACE BUT I’M JUST TOO BIG.”
And there she fucking is.

Courtney Love: "I don’t know. Cos it’s cute? Linda tried to make ‘How Dirty Girls Get Clean’ a different song. She was like, ‘This song’s just too PJ Harvey.’ But my feeling was: yeah, maybe, but if Peej isn’t gonna do her old job any more, I’ll do it. I love The Peej. But if she isn’t gonna, like, rock my socks off and remind that she’s the best female out there with a guitar, then I’ll do it."

Courtney Love: ""The one rock star that makes me know I’m shit is Polly Harvey. I’m nothing next to the purity that she experiences."

Courtney Love: "PJ Harvey is one of my favourite artists in the world. PJ Harvey’s Rid Of Me, I would argue, is more important than Nirvana’s Nevermind to that decade. That’s just my opinion. Rid of Me influenced me in a deeper way than Nevermind did, even though I lived in the same house as the person who wrote it."

Courtney Love: "Courtney Love’s defense of Harvey is still worth considering. “A good song’s a good song. That’s [sic] my politics. Please don’t slice PJ in half—her assimilationist compromise has done more for us than 30 Grrrls banging on a pot and spoon. I’m not trying to hurt other women. I’m just pissed that they pick on PJ”

Courtney Love: "I wish I could be more like Polly Harvey, she gets up there, no makeup, hair pulled back and just plays and won't have it any other way"

Courtney Love: "I love PJ Harvey, even if I never succeeded getting into White Chalk. I tried a good fifty times. The only title with which I like, When Under Ether. Magnificent. On Uh Uh Her, for me, there are not really any good songs"

Courtney Love: "I like enormously the title How Dirty Girls get clean. I love Rid of Me God, that can never be equalled, Rid of Me I believe was an inspiration" (translated from french)

Courtney Love: "A lot of people think that rock 'n' roll makes musicians stupid; that we're stupid people because we play rock 'n' roll. Slash isn't stupid. Polly Jean Harvey isn't stupid."

Courtney Love: "PJ Harvey is a slut" (? )

Courtney Love: "Love went on to suggest Ke$ha listen to tunes by Patti Smith, Kate Bush, Concrete Blonde, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell and PJ Harvey, and let Love know if she knows how to act."

Courtney Love: "I'm not Polly Harvey, I Want to sell millions of records!"

Courtney Love": "4-Track Demos" which was even better than "Rid of Me"

Courtney Love: "That was such a 4 in the morning "I'm doing this for myself record"(on 4-track demos)

Courtney Love: "That was the most honest album ever made by a white person" (on 4-track demos)

Courtney Love: "How Dirty Girls get clean is a tribute to PJ Harvey"

Courtney Love: "Courtney has voted PJ Harvey over Tori Amos in a recent songstress competition" "Polly hands down, and for ducks sake! There's a singer from the 80's called Kate Bush that you might like even better if you're into that beauty glamour stuff"

Courtney Love: "Love was quick to praise PJ Harvey's "Dry"

Courtney Love: "To Bring You My Lovë was quick to praised by numerous stars including one of Polly's biggest fans Courtney Love"

Courtney Love: "Polly influenced "Celebrity Skin"

Courtney Love: " I do that more than I chant. I listen to Leonard Cohen pretty much every day of my life. I just do it. Then I'll hear something like Polly Harvey and I'll go, "I failed." But then that's not what I was trying to do on this, you know."

Courtney Love: "The work is for me a therapy sort, as with a pile of very respectable people, Leonard Cohen, Nick Cellar or PJ Harvey."

Courtney Love: "later on in the night she had The Ramones, The Go-Gos, The Runaways,
and stuff like PJ Harvey"

Courtney Love: "When Courtney Love comes into the radio station and wants to play PJ Harvey, you know she's happening"

Courtney Love: ""There's a limited group of women doing anything of value in music now. There's Polly, Kim Deal, Kim Gordon, Kat [Bjelland]"

Courtney Love: "Courtney reccomends PJ's "Stories from the city, Stories from the sea" on her website"

Courtney Love: "'PJ Harvey is thé rock godess, I'll never be as good as her'."

Courtney Love: " 4-Track Demos is that "4 in the morning, brilliant Sylvia Path stuff."

Coourtney Love: "In the four-year hiatus, Courtney says she's "de-grunged", and the new songs, while still obviously penned by her, are far more diverse in style. The influences vary, from The Fall and Wire, to PJ Harvey, '60s LA pop and Gospel."

Courtney Love: "lydia. hail the goddess.
Lydia Lunch was about the most riveting and genius female force of
nature
in rock and roll until Polly Harvey came along"

Courtney Love:Do you think Polly Harvey is doing something similar to you at the moment?" "Polly Harvey I love, but I hate Steve Albini's interference. I hate Steve. It makes me sick and I can hear him all over it, he is the antithesis of everything it is. I think Polly Harvey, she almost had it but she was intimidated by the British press and she went, OK, I'm going to be American cool. She regressed and did the opposite to me - she had to do the angry vagina music second.
I mean, 'Dry' is so brilliant and lovely and British - but I hate that whole thing of not admitting you're a woman. I love Polly Harvey but all that, Oh, my role models are men... it's self destructive.
But the people I hate the most, people like Albini, they are also the most free-thinking people in America in terms of indie pop. So what can you do? It's like that on the left in politics, that factionalism"

Courtney Love: "Posting on her blog, Love compared the issue to our 1992 iconic shot of PJ Harvey, which was shot by legendary photographer Anton Corbjin.
She wrote: “I love naked Beth Ditto on the cover of the NME! genius! Best NME cover since in the chicken yard by Anton Corbjin.”

Courtney Love: "She turns up wearing head-to-toe Rick Owens, slouchy jersey
pieces in grungy shades. No make-up. She has her black iPod,
with a playlist of Nirvana, PJ Harvey and Britpop."

Courtney Love: "I look at people like PJ Harvey and she really doesn't give herself a way at all. She's so lucky and smart. Sometimes it's so much better to keep people guessing. Don't try and clear anything up because in the end you're just going to be fucked by some editor anyway"

Courtney Love: "On PJ Harvey -- "I tried to engage her in a conversation about the business recently. She was like this [puts hands over ears and head down]. Some people just don't want to know. Michael Stipe, it's the same thing"

Courtney Love: "I think Courtney Love briefly wore a black wig to mock PJ Harvey’s queasiness about the word ‘feminist’"

Courtney Love: ""Why do women see me as a role model? There haven't been too many of us. There was our first group: Exene [Cervenka], Debbie [Harry] and Patti [Smith]. Then there was a huge amount of years! Then there was a second group which was Jennifer [Finch] and Donita [Sparks], me, Kim Gordon and Kim Deal, Kat [Bjelland], Kathleen [Hanna, of Bikini Kill] and her little pack of oestrogen terrorists (Riot Grrrls)... well, oestrogen lemmings. Jenny Toomi of Tsunami saying things like: 'women shouldn't sing loud or scream because it's physiologocially not female.' ARRRRGHHH! Thank God that period is over. (No menstrual pun intended.) There's also Polly Harvey. I can't count Liz Phair, I just can't. She reminds me of a potato. I don't hate her at all, I just need a bit of angst, I guess... it's my problem, not hers. It isn't about being competitve in the slightest... Liz, have a horrible day just once, and then write a song."

Courtney Love: "under my thumb-stones dry-peej use somebody-kings of leon you've got to hide your love away-beatles lover i dont have to love-bright eyes ooh la la" "maps" "win" ( bowie)"you said something" ( peej)"it aint me babe( dylan)"closer(nin)" (her mixtape)

Courtney Love: ""She makes me feel this big(demonstrates with two fingers spaced about an ich apart..I'm nothing compared to her"

Courtney Love: "Which female musicians do you most admire?” "Peej and Patti [Smith] and Lydia Lunch too."

Eric Erlandson: "So what are your favorite albums of the '90s?
I'd pick the last two Massive Attack albums, PJ Harvey's Rid Of Me, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, Radiohead's The Bends, Mark Lanegan's Whisky For The Holy Ghost and the second Elliot Smith album"

Eric Erlandson: "What is your favourite PJ Harvey album" "To Bring You My Love" - That record had the most sex"

Eric Erlandson: "The Hole gutarist caught PJ Harvey's show at the Mayan Theatre""

Eric Erlandson: "Eric went to see PJ Harvey last night at the viper room"

Patty Schemel: "We move next door to Patty’s bedroom, where she treats everyone to a complete dissection of her own record collection - "Here they are, you can bust me now." She gets busted for Cactus World News (Courtney: "I bet you got some shitty records in there, The Alarm or something"), given the cred thumbs up for Patti Smith and Janis Joplin, screamed at for Images’ second LP, and given all-round approval for PJ Harvey."

Bonnie Raitt: "Bonnie recently said she was happy that people such as women such as PJ Harvey were doing what they're doing"

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:33 pm 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Following Placebo quotes dedicated to stuntboy =) :

Placebo: "I think we�d love to work with PJ Harvey � yeah, that would be really good."

Placebo: "Get the priviledge of watching PJ Harvey before we go on, although a festival is probably not the best way to see her, or any other band for that matter."

Placebo: "Bri's over the moon as he got a chance to properly talk to Polly and feels there is a connection. Maybe time to ask about a duet?"

Placebo: " See a bit of PJ at the Palais with Bri and The Egg. She's good. Bri makes a night of it, high on Australia." (from their tour diary)

Placebo: "Placebo - Julien
Siouxsie and the Banshees – Happy house
The Dead Weather – I cut like a buffalo
Sonic Youth – Kool thing
Placebo – I know (nicht die Version von 2008, die es eigentlich sein sollte)
Kiss – I was made for loving you
The Hours - Ali In The Jungle
PJ Harvey – Sheela-Na-Gig
Depeche Mode – Never let me down
Unkle – Burn my shadow
The Cure – The end of the world
Placebo – Happy you’re gone(for some radio show they hosted)

Placebo: "Hardly wait,I think.I love this track so much,it’s included on a B-side.We did it a few months ago and it’s amazing."

Placebo: ""Music is such an incredible art form. Think how Kylie Minogue elicits a response in certain people, whilst PJ Harvey has a completely different identification with others. It's such a broad spectrum to play with and I think, as musicians and artists, we're interested in exploring all those that pique our interest,"

Brian Molko: "She's my absolute favourite"

Brian Molko: "After I moved to London I heard PJ Harvey for the first time and the emotional intensity and depth of the album, Dry, also had a very, very big effect on me. I guess when I went into the idea of a band I kind of wanted to marry the kind of dissonant, atonal beauty of Sonic Youth's experimentalization with the kind of pained confessional and highly emotional quality that PJ Harvey's music has."

Brian Molko: "When will you sing with PJ Harvey?" " When she says yes… She already refused then… With her, one day it is yes, the following day it is no. I think that is similar with Bjork, the duet remains possible, when, I do not know.(translated from french)

Brian Molko: "Even in a writing, direction you not limited by the formula power trio? There is something of magic in figure 3. Historically, there are Jimi Hendrix Experience, Husker Du, PJ Harvey at the beginning, Police… There is something of special with the equilateral triangle… it' is important to respect this triangle" (translated from french)

Brian Molko: "Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, Nick Drake, The Pixies(his musical influences)

Brian Molko: " Two new cover songs as B-Sides., PJ Harvey’s – Hardly Wait (The Never-Ending Why)"

Brian Molko: ""Absolutely. I have a problem with 'disposable' anything. Music that's always moved me is stuff that's touched on the human condition and said something about it and been vulnerable and fragile to a point. I mean, are you gonna call the first two PJ Harvey albums new grave?"

Brian Molko: ""They're naked, they're emotional, they're vulnerable, they're fragile. They're not 'baby, I love you' because life isn't 'baby, I love you'."

Brian Molko: "A lot of Polly Harvey’s early work was tapped into a sense of yearning and desire which I understood.”

Brian Molko: "Songs that changed my life: "SHEELA-NA-GIG, PJ HARVEY
Steve[Hewitt, drums] introduced me to PJ Harvey when we were at university. Her songwriting instantly became a big influence on me. I was struck by how individual her voice was and then by how taut and nervous the instrumentation was. It was so expressive of internal torment, desire, lust and rejection. She’s always been very brave, she’s not afraid to make a record that sounds like someone bleeding on you.
Find it : Dry, 1992"

Brian Molko: "We’re going to mix with Flood, who worked with Depeche Mode on “Violator”, with the Smashing Pumpkins and PJ Harvey, albums we love and who influence us."

Brian Molko: "I'd like to sing with Bjork and I'd like to sing with Polly Harvey."

Brian Molko: "What would the process be to get that duet with you and PJ Harvey going? Is it just you picking up the phone and saying hello? "Well, no, she's one of my favourite singers so I think I would need to have the guts to ask her, you know? (Laughs)"

Brian Molko: "I used biblical elements in writing our songs, a little in the manner of Nick Cave and PJ Harvey. I feel close to these artists. And also of large romantic French who drew from the biblical imagery."

Brian Molko: "Brian's top albums (as of early 2000):
PJ Harvey - Dry
Patti Smith Group - Radio Ethiopia
Sonic Youth - Goo
Billie Holiday - The Story
Mogwai - Come On Die Young
The Breeders - Pod
The Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
Girls Against Boys - House of GVSB
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Chopin - Nocturnes
DJ Shadow - Entroducing"

Brian Molko: "Who would you like to work with?" "Who else would you like to work with ?
P.j. Harvey, Josh Homme, David Bowie."

Brian Molko: "WHICH RECORD CHANGED YOUR LIFE?
"There’s two. ‘Goo’, the first record I heard by Sonic Youth, around my 16th birthday, and ‘Dry’ by PJ Harvey. Sonic Youth sounded like nothing I’d ever heard and opened up so many sonic possibilities to me. PJ Harvey’s record was so powerful, emotional and raw."

Brian Molko: "Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey. “I wanted to [make] a band that was a cross between Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey - to kind of have this no rules ethic that Sonic Youth has, the beauty you find in dissonance and atonality. How they are, to me, is being incredibly beautiful without being pretty all the time. They represent infinite possibilities, with quite the limited instruments of the guitar. And there’s the kind of unbelievably, almost, sometimes painfully professional quality of the first two records of Polly Harvey.”

Brian Molko: "Who were your heroes when you first started out playing guitar?"
"The Dead Kennedys and Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey particularly."

Brian Molko: " We remember music since Post Punk in the 70s and early 80s, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey and contemporary and electronic music."

Brian Molko: " As I said earlier, Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey are my favorite artists. Our experimental and dense guitar is influenced by those artists. PJ Harvey’s first two albums, in which you can sense pain, as if they were bleeding on you, made a huge influence on me. So basically it’s a combination of many different styles."

Brian Molko: "Molko identifies with iconoclasts such as Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Bjork, Radiohead and, especially, PJ Harvey ("a woman I worship"). They represent the triumph of individual musicians who create their own universe," says Molko. "They have their own rules and follow them with total disregard for fashion and style."

Brian Molko: "Doing something with Polly Harvey would be super. Something Bonnie and Clyde"

Brian Molko: "Seen any great bands lately?
'Yes, that's one of the advantages of touring. Most surprissing this summer I found Interpol, Elbow and Grandaddy. And Polyphonic Spree was fucking unbelievable at Reading. Just like PJ Harvey with guitarist Mick Harvey from The Bad Seeds.'

Brian Molko: "We used to get a lot inspiration listening to Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode... "

Brian Molko: "Well anyone in particular that you would like to work with?" "Chuck D, Polly Harvey!"

Brian Molko: "Most famous person you've met this year?" "PJ Harvey. Outside Ladbroke Grove tube station by accident. Her drummer Rob Ellis worked on our new album."

Brian Molko: ""Like Radiohead and PJ Harvey, we create our own universe with our own rules, and we can break those rules if we want to,"

Brian Molko: "When I started the band more than a decade ago, I had this idea of it being a cross between Sonic Youth and P.J. Harvey. So there, you have some idea of where I'm coming from"

Brian Molko: "I am really very proud. Without wanting to be pretentious or arrogant, I do not think that there are many people who perhaps write such honest texts… with share PJ Harvey!"(translated from french)

Brian Molko: ""When I heard the first P.J. Harvey album," Molko explains, "I thought, This is what I want to make - something that carries emotional weight."

Brian Molko: "I heard PJ Harvey for the first time. At that point I decided I wanted to make music that carried a similar kind of emotional weight and a similar kind of fragility and vulnerability and humanity."

Brian Molko: "And if you go to the record shop and can still find us between PJ Harvey and Portishead we'll be happy."

Brian Molko: "I’ve been obsessed with Sonic Youth and P J Harvey, and I was very heavily into Jane’s Addiction as a student, but I was always motivated by total musical brilliance. Listening to guitars bounce off each other is like Cupid’s arrow.”

Brian Molko: "I was always attracted by women in music, he strong women. When I was young I was obsessed with Janis Joplin, I always adored Kim Deal of Pixies, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, and then PJ Harvey, she was a great discovery and one very very great influence on me. And her music it is rather vulgar, but it is rather sexy also. I find that this has more balls than the majority of songs by bands like Limp Bizkit and many rappers which speak about money, Bitches and hoes, and all that all the time."

Brian Molko: "Brian is a big fan of PJ's work (he cites her debut, Dry, as one of his top 10 albums) and they've appeared in photos together; they were rumored to do a duet on one of Queens Of The Stone Age's Desert Session albums but Brian apparently didn't show up"

Brian Molko: I stole that line from PJ Harvey, which she stole frpm Captain Beefheart(on brick shithouse)

Brian Molko: "I have always been attracted to people like Janis Joplin, PJ Harvey and even Bjork. People who have individual voices. People who test."

Brian Molko: "I think The Kills is one of the best bands at the moment. And Alison was very easy to work with, very straightforward - a kindred soul. And you don't meet a lot of people like that. Polly Harvey, Justin Warfield, Michael Stipe... I don't think there are more than that."

Brian Molko: "And I think touring with PJ Harvey and the Queens of the Stoneage and at the drive-in, the Big Day out a few years ago, it really opened our eyes, when you play with people like that- they restore your faith in rock n roll. They also take up a new standard, a new benchmark of rock and roll that you have to adhere to, you know, like anything that doesn’t adhere to that standard, well you may as well forget it. so that tour, it kinda gave us like a new lease of life, really and it taught us a great deal, you know?"

Brian Molko: "Sexiest person in music" "Polly Harvey"

Brian Molko: "As a result of all the years of anticipation, there was a heightened sense of excitement and desperation to finally see her performing live, and I was particularly determined to go down to Melbourne to see one of her two solo gigs. As a result, everyone at The Palais in St Kilda sure was smiling a lot, and seemed to be on an unspoken congratulatory level with each other. It was like -'We made it!' Even Placebo's Brian Molko, who raised his hand in a regal greeting to the few thrilled audience members who noticed him slipping down a side aisle, was grinning uncontrollably."

Brian Molko: "Who do you admire?" "Christopher Walken for his dignity, Obama for his nerve, PJ Harvey because she is such strong woman and Radiohead because they are a great band"

Brian Molko: "I was just trying to describe this to somebody...you know when you listen to music - especially if you listen to Billie holliday or something - it’s so sad but it’s so beautiful? It fills you with life. It’s very life affirming. That’s the kind of music that I like best. That’s why I was always a very big PJ Harvey fan, she was a great inspiration to me. I think that music is a universal language, really, it’s the universal communicator of emotion. it goes beyond language"

Brian Molko: "THREE RECORDS YOU’D GIVE FIVE Ks TO?
" ‘Bakesale’ by Sebadoh, which is unbelievably heart-wrenching. ‘Sister’ by Sonic Youth, which is their ‘Sgt. Pepper’. And PJ Harvey’s ‘Rid Of Me’, which is one of the sassiest, most disturbing, in-your-f***ing-face girl power records ever."

Brian Molko: "I've got this
incredibly strong attraction to strange females of rock. I love Janis
Joplin, Polly Harvey and Billie Holiday, because when they open their mouths
you hear so much soul. You hear so much of their lives in there. They
communicate sadness and pain in a completley joyful way, strangly
enough, which sounds contradictory, but is actually extremely powerful for
me. "

Brian Molko: "P f**cking J f**cking Harvey"

haha, thank you how sweet :P Many of them were new to me!

And omfg Brian molko really has mentioned Pj alot!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:06 pm 

Tom Morello: "Tom chooses PJ Harvey's good fortune"

Zack De La Rocha(Rage Against The Machine): "Zach went to PJ Harvey's show at the viper room last night"

Cat Power: "I like PJ a lot, she's never exactly been an influence though"

To all those sinister little Alanis Morissette lovers out there :eyeroll:

Alanis Morissette: "Alanis played PJ Harvey's "We Float" last night before she came on"

Alanis Morissette: "Alanis was spotted at a recent PJ Harvey concert in support of her new album "Is This Desire?"

Alanis Morissette: "Among celebrities in attendance at PJ Harvey's gig at the viper room was Canadian pop star Alanis Morisette"

Alanis Morissette: "Angelene- PJ Harvey
"I played this song in my dressing room for two years straight" (on the most important songs in her life)

Alanis Morissette: "My favourite artists are Joni Mitchell and PJ Harvey"

Alanis Morrissette: "Oh wow! I love PJ Harvey! I think she is great" (her response when someone told her they looked alike...hope the person was vision impaired! You would have to be to make such a comment!)

Kurt Danielson(TAD): "I dig PJ Harvey"

Ben McMillan(Skin Yard): "One time we were at the jukebox trying to pick songs, and I found PJ Harvey. At the same time we both said, "The Dancer!"

Kurt Cobain: "Kurt adored PJ Harvey according to Courtney Love"

Kurt Cobain: "Kurt Cobain named PJ Harvey's "Dry" no.16 on his list of all time favourite albums"

Kurt Cobain: "He loved PJ's Dry, Dress was believed to be his favourite song on it"

Kurt Cobain: "An avalanche of records surrounds us; Sub Pop singles of the month, Kleenex, Opal, Mudhoney, even Suede is here, PJ Harvey’s “Rid Of Me” is on the turntable" (describing Kurt's record collection)

Kurt Cobain: "He loves the new PJ Harvey record" (on either Rid of Me or 4-track demos, October 93)

Kurt Cobain: "And I am left with a final memory of Kurt, a pale, unshaven wraith in pajamas at a PJ Harvey show."

Kurt Cobain: "Kurt and his friend Michael 'Cali' DeWitt were at the PJ Harvey concert in Seattle on July 9, 1993. Backstage, he asked her to go on tour with Nirvana. She turned him down. "I heard that Courtney was very bothered by Kurt's interest in P.J. Harvey," says Nirvana guitar tech Earnie. "

Dave Grohl: "Watching PJ Harvey's set was lead Foo Fighter Dave Grohl" (at the Big Day Out 2003)

Dave Grohl: "Dave caught a PJ Harvey gig in Sydney a few days later"

Dave Grohl: "Dave and Josh were overheard bickering over who should get to hang out with PJ Harvey"

Taylor Hawkins: "Fellow Foo Taylor Hawkins was also spotted watching Polly Harvey's set"

Francoise Hardy: "Hardy was as enthusiastic about P.J. Harvey, Portishead, Norah Jones and Radiohead as she was about Bob Dylan"

Francoise Hardy: "She listens to Radiohead, Massive Attack and PJ Harvey the most. And loud. "Do not believe that I am hard of hearing - I am here to have fun"

Lucinda Williams: "Lucinda was believed to have based one of her song's on PJ Harvey's "The Wind"

Anthrax: "The Thrash Metal band pick PJ Harvey's "Good Fortune as well as a mass of other songs for their guest appearance on rage"

Kathleen Hanna(Bikini Kill, Le Tigre): "Plays PJ Harvey''s 50 ft Queenie for her appearance on an early morning music show"

Tobi Vail(Bikini Kill) : "Lists PJ Harvey as one of her favourite artists on her myspace page"

Filter: "The Alt rock band request PJ Harvey's "Down by The Water" as one of the videos they'd like to see"

Reef: "The britpoppers play Polly Jean's "Down by The Water"

Trevor Dunn(Mr Bungle): "Artists I listen to such as Bjork, PJ Harvey are all classified as "Alternative". But, do they sound anything alike?

Jeffrey Nothing(Mushroomhead): "Who were your musical inspirations?
Maiden/Priest, Faith No More/Bungle, Bjork/PJ Harvey."

Skinny(Mushroomhead): "People are surprised that I have influences like Bjork, PJ Harvey and Bone Thugs-n-Harmony."

Skinny(Mushroomhead): "Like the other day, Exodus: Bonded By Blood, Slayer, still with the Slayer, lots of different stuff… Bjork, PJ Harvey but uh… on this trip it's been a lot of Dry Cell!"

Jeff Buckley: "Jeff liked the PJ Harvey album "To Bring You My Love"

Jeff Buckley: "There's nothing wrong, in my mind, with criticism. But there's something sinister about critics who are outside the process ferociously trying to legitimatize an art form into their sensibility. Can you imagine living in that kind of world? You would listen to a shitload of Billie Holiday, Satchmo, Fats Waller. You'd concentrate on the 30's, 40's and 50's, and then you'd write about PJ Harvey because she's sexy and she reminds you of Howlin' Wolf. I like a lot of their tastes. It's just that the way they speak about music obviously illustrates some real sour soul."

Rickie Lee Jones: "I only see that, from a distance, she offers power and raw friendship through her face and her comfort with her emotions. Or I should say her insistence that emotion be the topic. That is courageous for one for whom emotion appears to be a reckoning. But this is conjecture. I am not sure if I am on the money. But yes, I like her alright."

Stewart Copeland: "What are you listening to?" "The new PJ Harvey" (AOL chat 95)

Stewart Copeland: "He feverishly pointed out how much he loved PJ Harvey's music."

Henry Rollins(Black Flag, Rollins Band): "Rollins was quick to rate PJ Harvey's "To Bring You My Love"

Henry Rollins(Black Flag, Rollins Band): "I really liked PJ Harvey’s album White Chalk as well, it was her early foray into piano playing and the hesitation on some of the tracks is very evocative."(on the best albums of the decade)

Henry Rollins(Black Flag, Rollins Band): "Looking forward to the new PJ Harvey record."

Henry Rollins(Black Flag, Rollins Band): " Who are some female writers or artists you particularly admire or are influenced by? " "Flannery O’Connor, Diamanda Galas, PJ Harvey, Billie Holiday, Naomi Klein, Joan Didion, Angela Davis, Ginger MacKaye, Ninan, Nico, Aretha, they are all strong and interesting and innovative in their own way."

Henry Rollins(Black Flag, Rollins Band): "One thing you know about a new PJ Harvey record is that it's going to be good"

Keith Morris(Circle Jerks): "PJ Harvey I like a lot"

Rick Wilder(Berlin Brats, Mau Maus): "PJ Harvey's is a favourite"

Theo(Lunachicks): "Theo and I went to see PJ Harvey last night" (from the journalist doing the interview)

Toyah Wilcox: "I wanted to put the production team together from The Blue Meaning, have Steve James back as producer and use quirky instruments and go for a much simpler band sound, something as stripped bare as PJ Harvey's Dry album, but no they went for the big money producer who only wanted me in the studio to sing and .....well......... for me music needs spontaneity, so Prostitute was my deeply needed moment to strip all away and say this is how I feel and not censor it."

Toyah Wilcox: "Today I like Elbow, P.J. Harvey, Kate Bush, Lady Gaga. Well pretty much anyone who has originality."

Toyah Wilcox: "Which musician, other than yourself, have you ever wanted to be?" "The love child of Dave Gilmour and P.J. Harvey. Imagine the spiritual guidance you'd get!"

Toyah Wilcox: " Toyah has cited Mogwai, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, Marilyn Manson and Elbow (among others) as her influences while recording these new songs."

Toyah Wilcox: "I cherry pick when it comes to music. I love Bjork, PJ Harvey, and even Madonna."

Alison Moyet(Yazoo): "My two latest albums have been Marry Me by St Vincent and PJ Harvey's White Chalk, which is a great record and is on morning and evening here at the moment.""

Alison Moyet(Yazoo): "But the one act that I do listen to and am listening to a lot of at the moment is PJ Harvey."

Alison Moyet(Yazoo): "What's your favourite track or album to stick on to chill out/relax to?" "PJ Harvey White Chalk"

Alison Moyet(Yazoo): " I always listen to Talk Talk, I like PJ Harvey"

Alison Moyet: "'PJ Harvey's White Chalk' is among her 6 best albums of all time"
"A very different album – a piano album, which isn’t Polly Harvey’s first instrument. However, that really helps make for great music. All too often when musicians are over-accomplished, things become too complicated. This is intense, beautiful and completely compelling."

Alison Moyet: "White Chalk, PJ Harvey
I just find PJ Harvey so mesmerising to watch because she remains unfathomable. She is the kind of woman who makes you rue the day you weren't born her. She always seems to be the cat that walks alone and you don't feel you are supposed to know her. Her latest album, White Chalk, made me cry. It's not a howling piece of work, it doesn't go for the blatant heart stabbing, but she paints a direct picture. Its honesty really brings tears to your eyes."(on the "songstresses who inspire her")

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm 

Sheryl Crow: "Yeah. You ever hear PJ Harvey's version of it? That's a great version. I love that record, PJ Harvey and John Parish's Dance Hall At Louse Point. I love her. She's an interesting rocker. A new twist... "

Sheryl Crow: "Sheryl enjoyed the PJ Harvey show at the viper room last night"

Jarvis Cocker: " Playlist for his radio show "Jarvis Cocker's Sunday Service"

•The Intruders - I'll Always Love My Mama
•John Lennon & The Plastic Ono Band - Mother
•PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
•X-Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents
•Burl Ives - Casey Jones
•The Katzenjammers - Cars
•Jake Thackray - Old Molly Metcalfe
•Einstein's thoughts on society and personality (read by William Simpson)
•Philip Glass - Einstein On The Beach (Cadenza)

Jarvis Cocker: ""She made her video on my street. It's really weird, I was watching it on the telly the other night. At the end of it she goes into a kebab shop, and that's just around the corner from us. It's amazing, 'cos I've not really been away, I might have bumped into her. It might have been quite funny. Instead of going to that kebab shop I could have cooked her something a bit more healthy"

Oderus Urungus(GWAR): "Her(Avril Lavigne) concert’s tonight! Why aren’t you there?" "Because her music is like fucking…horrible. HORRIBLE! This girl is honoured as some song-writing genius. I’m sorry, but this shit is awful. It’s like teenager bubble gum crap. She’s not gonna step up and make any real music ever. Any fucking woman who does ends up hating the music industry so much, thinking that it’s so corrupt, that she gets out of music, like Fiona Apple or Kate Bush or fucking Tori Amos or PJ Harvey. They’re all industry outsiders even though they’ve sold millions of records. Now those are the people I respect a lot."

Marianne Faithfull: ""You know she's quite intimidating, that Polly," confides Faithfull. "She's a very determined little thing and she's got this face she makes, a sort of crumpled look, if you don't do what she wants. I was insecure about tackling this high range on her songs so she sent me to a voice coach who also coaches Mick and Bono. So that was very grand, and very expensive, but I think it was a good idea. Polly is very clever really, even if she does put you through the wringer to get what she wants. I think she did me proud."

Marianne Faithfull: "PJ Harvey's an old favourite"

Marianne Faithfull: "But Faithfull - who once mocked Kate Moss for being a "vampire" who stole her style - is a little bemused by the female stars of today. Although she admires artists such as P.J. Harvey"

Marianne Faithfull: "At the moment I'm working with Darling Polly"

Marianne Faithfull: "But the next one will definitely feature Polly Harvey, who is such a great girl and who I'm going to write with very soon. There are not many women I want to work with apart from Polly, though there are one or two."

Marianne Faithfull: "One of our jokes, me and Polly (Harvey), was, 'Who is in fact the queen of doom and gloom? ' Polly says 'Me'. And I say, 'Pipsqueak, you don't know anything about doom and gloom yet'. The way to make your life okay is to bring it into the work. Making this album was a very happy experience."

Marianne Faithfull: ". I met Polly in Los Angeles — we had to meet to see if we liked each other. And we kind of fell in love. But musicians never know much about what’s going to happen — except we knew one thing, me and Polly. We said we’re going to make a very, very dark record. And we did. And then she came to Paris, and that’s when we did the sort of John-and-Paul, eyeball-to-eyeball writing business. I took her to a French dinner party, and she’s very, very shy, and I think she was quite freaked out. But the next morning she wrote this very beautiful song called “My Friends Have,” with both our perspectives in it. I really believethat song, but Polly’s perspective is a lot more ironic. I know, because I know Polly"

Marianne Faithfull: "She’s the producer, she tells me what to do, and I do it! And she’s very bossy, too. Well, in a very gentle way. In her own passive-aggressive way she was very, very clear."

Marianne Faithfull: "Is Polly going to sing with you in LA?" "I don’t know. I’m shy to ask her. Polly has given so much to this record — I’m not sure if I want her to feel in any way used. That’s one thing I’m very careful about. I don’t use people."

Marianne Faithfull: "I was initially scared of Polly, but I'd never worked with a woman before and that made it interesting. She came to Paris, where we were recording, and we went shopping, but once she stepped inside that studio she turned into a producer. She's very strict, it's a job from 10 'till 7." The album is due out in April"

Marianne Faithfull: "Polly and I are writing out of movies quite a lot. We decided to choose films and write songs out of them. One of the ones we're writing out of is Pretty Baby [1978]. It's the film that Louis Malle made about a brothel in New Orleans. I think it was Brooke Shields' first real part. The tune Polly came up with is very interesting.

Marianne Faithfull: "They're in the vibe. I've got this little demo, and there's just this tiny bit of Polly, this little bit of her wonderful guitar and just her singing, "Pretty girl come soon. Pretty girl come soon." I'm going to call it "The Girl Factory."(music profile interview 2002)

Marianne Faithfull: "Your collaborators on the record—P.J. Harvey, Nick Cave, Damon Albarn and Jon Brion are great. How did that come about?
It started off with Polly [Jean Harvey]. We met up—I’m a huge P.J. Harvey fan and have been an awfully long time—but I didn’t really know her, and then we met whilst I was doing “Kissin’ Time.”

Marianne Faithfull: "It almost comes near to sounding like a P.J. Harvey record at times, but then it still is distinctly yours." She’s stamped herself very strongly on it—but she produced it! I think it’s fine. I don’t come out of the mist dressed as Polly Harvey. Not at all. I’m Marianne. And that’s what Polly wanted."

Marianne Faithfull: "I'm working with P. J. Harvey on some new songs," Faithfull said. "Songs inspired by films. 'Atlantic City.' 'Pretty Baby.' Polly and I keep trying to outdo each other on who is the queen of doom and gloom. She thinks she is." Faithfull sighed and cleared her throat, as if preparing it for a big laugh, which did come. "That little pipsqueak. Polly is so disciplined."

Marianne Faithfull: "This next song was written by Polly Jean Harvey. I can't fuck it up or she'll be very cross" (on "My Friends Have")

Marianne Faithfull: "Favourite albums of the year: "Üh Huh Her by PJ Harvey is great, So is Nick Cave and the bad seeds's "Abattoir Blues"

Siouxsie Sioux: "Who is your favourite artist of today?" "Probably PJ Harvey, Peaches (Not Geldof!) and I love Arcade Fire, the funeral album!"(feb 2008)

Siouxsie Sioux: "Among those artists she does admire are Radiohead, Portishead, "and PJ Harvey of course". (10th september 98)

Siouxsie Sioux: "I like PJ Harvey, I Like Portishead"

Siouxsie Sioux: "Who are your favourite artists of the Younger Generation?" "I like PJ Harvey"(from an online chat) (August 99)

Siouxsie Sioux: "You have now committed to vinyl duets with yourself and Morrisey, yourself and Marc Almond, are there any burning ambitions to work with any other singers? I would love to hear the combination of your voice and another female vocalist."

"For various reasons, way too bitchy to mention, it’s not something I’m gagging to do at the moment. I did toy with the idea of approaching PJ Harvey or Johnny Cash ( ‘A Boy Named Sioux’?) to record ‘Murdering Mouth’ with. ( at some point in the future a studio recording of this song is a must) For the time being I’ve put it on the back burner and am concentrating only on new material. The sound of another voice that compliments is not that easy to find, but when it works, it’s fabulous. Who knows what will turn up?"

Siouxsie Sioux: "What do you think of strong female artists such as Madonna and Kylie Minogue?" "Don't you f***ing talk to me about these phoneys. Talk to me about PJ Harvey and Diamand Galas." (2004)

Budgie: "Do you like Sinead O' Connor?" "I much prefer the words and the music of Miss Polly Jean. "Is This Desire is such a brilliant record. I enjoyed it immensely"

Budgie: "Are there any other musicians you'd especially like to work with?" "If Rob Ellis wouldn’t mind I’d love to play drums with PJ Harvey, then again, why not two drummers?"

Steven Severin: ""Who are some of the artists that you like?" "PJ Harvey"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 am 

Matt Cameron(Soundgarden, Pearl Jam): "If PJ Harvey ever came to town I'd definitely go try to go see her."

Matt Cameron(Soundgarden, Pearl Jam): "And what music do you listen to these days?" "Mainly the latest PJ Harvey album which I really love." (2006)

Matt Cameron(Soundgarden, Pearl Jam): "What good bands came after your generation? What have you heard lately?" "Melvins and PJ Harvey" (2001)

Chris Cornell(Soundgarden): "Is there any new music out there that gives you a rush or a sense of competition?" "The new PJ Harvey, the Presidents of the United States of America, Filter."(online chat, Nov 95)

Kim Thayil(Soundgraden): "At the moment we're listening to Presidents of the USA, PJ Harvey and Filter"

Scott Weiland(Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver): "I'm suprised you're talking to SPIN again" "Why wouldn't I? It's not like I have a personal relatioship with it. I've never masturbated to it, although PJ Harvey looks pretty amazing on the cover of the May issue" (August 95)

Scott Weiland(Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver): "I can't seem to get the last PJ Harvey disc out of my car for some reason"

Scott Weiland(Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver): ""It was a treat to see PJ perform," says Scott Weiland, "after missing her every other time due to some form of incarceration, be it detox, psych or jail."

Scott Weiland(Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver): ""She's one of the only true soul singers in rock 'n' roll right now - not in the R&B sense, but in what she does with emotion,"

Scott Weiland(Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver): "Weiland said he's also a longtime fan, particularly since 1995's bluesy To Bring You My Love, which is considered by many critics to be Harvey's greatest triumph thus far. "That was one of my favorite records of the '90s," he said. "It was a huge inspiration on my solo record [1998's 12 Bar [Blues]."

Scott Weiland(Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver): "Weiland said Monday was the first time he had seen Harvey play live, despite his admiration for her music. "I was always on tour or in rehab," he said."

Eric Kretz(Stone Temple Pilots): "Was seen at PJ Harvey's show at the Viper Room"

The great Mr Don Van Vliet Next: Keep in mind he never really did any interviews in recent years, so these are going to be mostly quotes through Polly.

Captain Beefheart: "She's nice" (in a telephone conversation with Bono, circa the Stories era)

Captain Beefheart: "He thinks her latest is her best yet" (on "Uh Huh Her)

Captain Beefheart: "This is a great song by a great artist" - then proceeded to play "The Sky Lit Up" through the phone to Polly

Captain Beefheart: "When I sent him the demos for Stories, he hated them! He said "I had gone soft". Then I sent him the finished album and he loved it"

Captain Beefheart: "The song "The Faster I Breath The Further I Go" was inspired by something he said to me on the phone"

Captain Beefheart: "He usually always likes my demos more than the finished tracks"

Captain Beefheart: "She's still in contact with him, he said he liked her last record" (08 or 09)

Captain Beefheart: "You're a talented artist and you shouldn't beat yourself up"

Captain Beefheart: "Some of PJ Harvey's music was sent to Beefheart and he was impressed, even calling Polly Jean to tell her so. Given his well documented lack of charity towards virtually all contemporary musicians, this was no small compliment"

Captain Beefheart: "In the midst of her confusion, it was perhaps unsuprising that she struck up a phone friendship with him after hearing he was actually a fan of her work"

Captain Beefheart: "I really like this girl's music, can I call her?"

Captain Beefheart: "He sends me poetry and music and tells me about books I must read"

Captain Befheart: "He tries to get me to listen to Mel Torme"

Badly Drawn Boy: "Badly Drawn Boy on PJ Harvey: "A supremely talented individual. PJ Harvey falls into the genius bracket for me."

Badly Drawn Boy: "I say hello to Polly Harvey before she goes on. I've never met her before, but she looks really nervous so I just wish her the best of luck. I've always been a big fan, but I couldn't really tell if she knew who I was or not. She just said thanks and was basically trying to get herself together to go on."( From his Glastonbury tour, 2004)

Badly Drawn Boy: " There she is, cool enough to pretend not to recognise me as she ascends the steps to the stage. I think she's very nervous. Someone comments "great shoes". And they're not wrong - shocking pink stilettoes. Harvey is still the coolest, sexiest woman in rock 'n' roll.

I saw her at the Duchess in Leeds in 1991, just after Dry, her first album, came out. She was the first female artist I was fanatical about. She still stands alone. She's the female me, I hope. Actually she's more like Mark E Smith with her bloody-mindedness, her determination to do things her own way, never worrying about where she registers on the commercial Richter scale. I'm guilty of that, I want to be successful, I sometimes think, that to have a No1 single just once would be a laugh at least. But PJ is a true artist, she doesn't care. She's one of the few people in this fucked-up biz that seems really to live it.

I really start to appreciate her new hairdo. A headshaking PJ pouncing like Tigger all over the stage. Every song brings one moment, at least, to remind you that she is unrivalled in her field. There is a puzzling exotic drum kit unmanned on the stage. At first I assume time ran out when clearing away the previous band. Then comes Victory, a two-drummer-tastic version of an early song. Syncopated alternate rhythms supporting Harvey's heartbeat chugging guitar and far-more-powerful-than-they-should-be vocals for such a petite lady. What we're talking about here is a supremely talented true individual. PJ falls into the hero bracket for me. - Damon Gough"(his review of her at Glastonbury in "The Guardian")

Mark Linkous: "All the people I asked to be on the record, like Polly and Tom Waits, they are big fans. We are all mutual fans of each other. Everybody knew what to do."

Mark Linkous: "We opened for her somewhere I just asked her if she wanted to play on my next record because I knew I didn’t want to do it all alone at home. So I just started asking people and most of everyone said yeah. But I love Polly’s stuff she’s fantastic"

Mark Linkous: "Name-dropping comes easy when you're talking about Sparklehorse. Linkous opens for the likes of Radiohead and Cracker, collaborates with Tom Waits, housesits for P.J. Harvey's next-door neighbor in the south of England, and, as helper Eric from the Sound of Music recording studio was eager to share with me, knows Adrian "Portishead" Utley's private phone number by heart."

Mark Linkous: "I opened up for her and we became friends. I asked her if she’d appear on my next album and she said yeah, if she could. I booked some time in Spain, in Barcelona and we did a recording session there with Polly (PJ) and Adrian from Portishead. I had this fantastic band, me, my drummer, Polly, Adrian and John Parish"

Mark Linkous: "Linkous decided he "wanted to travel around and work with other people and not do everything on this record myself. I wanted to work with John Parish [PJ Harvey's collaborator], and he said, 'Where do you want to record?' I didn't know, but somewhere in the background, his wife yelled out: 'Barcelona.' So that's where we went! Polly and Adrian [Utley, of Portishead] came a few days later. It was good that we went there. It wouldn't have been right for her to come to my house and get dog-bit or something." He snorts. "My dogs jumping all over PJ Harvey... " (lol)

Mark Linkous: ""Well it wasn't actually the famous PJ Harvey, but a local banjo player, Phil J. Harvey. And not Tom Waits, but his cousin, Ron Waits who plays 'keys' and works down at Target," he jokes. "Well Ron, played on two songs. He would have played on more but hecouldn't get the time off work."

Mark Linkous: "So I took my 4-track down there and we recorded this waltz with just Mellotron and Wurlitzer electric piano. I'm trying to get PJ Harvey and Nina Persson from the Cardigans to sing on. It's kind of this country waltz thing."

Mark Linkous: "Its kind of a weird sound like on that PJ Harvey record "To Bring You My Love", it kind of sounds like a distorted bass going through a little Marshall with a low battery, and then being played through a disc man with no barreries."

Mark Linkous: ""I had big spiders in my studio. I couldn't get rid of this bad spider problem so I didn't want Polly to get bit by a spider"

Mark Linkous: "And then Polly, I've always been a fan of hers."

Mark Linkous: " A couple of years back, Linkous,formerly of the mid-'80s indie-rockers Dancing Hoods and the
Johnson Family, had expressed interest in having Waits contribute vocals to a track for the forthcoming album, and said that he had sent the legendary gravelly-voiced icon a tape of the proposed track. He also said at the time that he would like to collaborate with PJ Harvey as well, and that he planned on sending her a tape, too."

Mark Linkous: " i found mark and his wife at the bar before the show. they talked about lots of stuff, like opening
up for radiohead in europe, they were excited that PJ Harvey was at the show, and we talked a bit about Good Morning Spider."

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 15 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 am 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:

Siouxsie Sioux: "What do you think of strong female artists such as Madonna and Kylie Minogue?" "Don't you f***ing talk to me about these phoneys. Talk to me about PJ Harvey and Diamand Galas." (2004)

Fucking Amen, dude!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:27 am 

^ lol. I know! "Kylie Minogue" a strong woman? I'm sorry but what about her is remotely strong other than the 20 pounds of botox she's had injected into her face? I suppose it ought to be durable...she's paid enough for it XD haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 am 

The Marianne Faithful bits are quite interesting!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 44  Next