It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:22 am 

It seems to me Polly is a sure thing for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Is there any reason I shouldn't be so sure?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 pm 

Thom Yorke: "with subjects ranging from writer's block to his favorite female singer (P.J. Harvey wins that one because White Chalk changed Yorke's life)."

Nick Cave: "In regard to Polly, I wanted to sing a song with Polly, but I didn't really have anything in mind in particular... I thought vocally we could do something quite well together and the Henry Lee song seemed to be the right one."

Nick Cave: "he is already at work on songs for a new album: love songs, he says with a straight face. "And they're great love songs," Cave boasts. "My favorite songs to write are when I'm in love or when I've fallen in love, which I have recently."(march 96)

Nick Cave: "I've always been kind of friends with Polly, we'd talk a lot on the telephone and stuff like that. She came and sang the song, and we were seeing more of each other, and we did a video, I don't know if you've seen it or not, it's beautiful work. We cuddle a lot. We've been cuddling ever since, really. There you go, there's a scoop. Yeah, we get on very well. I definitely shouldn't do interviews with women."

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:10 am 

Fran Healy(Travis): saw Fran from Travis at the PJ Harvey gig last night"

Johnny Greenwood: "my friend bumped into Johnny Greenwood at the PJ Harvey gig, in Oxford"

Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave on Wed May 15, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:46 pm 

M.I.A: iTunes playlist- To Bring You My Love by PJ Harvey: it's emotional and haunting and I'd like to hear more songs like this in Indian films.

The Edge: "We’ve been talking about PJ Harvey’s ‘Let England Shake' as one of the most important records of the year which shows that it’s still possible to make great albums, to allow the songs to go out there and fight for their own place in the culture. The ultimate of course is to have an album of tunes that are so compelling that they not only fit into what people are liking but actually change what people are liking – that’s our ambition."

Dolores O'Riordan(The Cranberries): "
“But that doesn’t often happen because I think our fans really do have respect for me, as a woman. I’ve never gone ‘here I am, lads’ and all the boys that come to see us really do seem to be more into my mind. And I know the difference because I have seen fellas screaming at Tanya, or PJ Harvey ‘get them off, get your tits out’ but nobody’s ever said that to me. Maybe once or twice a little 15 year old says something like that to impress his friends. But that’s easy to deal with. I just stare into their faces or point at them till they nearly die with embarrassment!”

Tricky posted a link to 'Man-Size' on facebook.

Jim Bob(Carter USM): "This is great, Sheela-Na-Gig"

Morrissey: "PJ Harvey is an artist Morrissey has admired for a long time"

Andrew Eldritch(Sisters Of Mercy): "It’s, it’s … yeah, I would be an Anarchist if you could get there from here, which you can’t. Err .. but I’ve started from a position of Anarchist and I’ve moved to a position of … Bolsh … ? …

Well, didn’t the Anarchists start out as craftsmen, basically, that guild-based thing, that kind of thing, you know, that was rather there in … devolving power …
Yeah, Sir! Anarcho-Syndicalism …Well done you, Sir!

Yeah, yeah, all that. I just scratch my …
Yes! Yes! I’m indeed an Anarcho-Syndicalist, although I don’t know how the musicians would be much of a forceful syndicate.

Yeah, they’d be ...?... , wouldn’t they?
Some of them would be pretty limp.

Hehe, hehe, hehe ...
Although, although! I’d trust PJ Harvey to shoot a lot of people …

Yes, she, she … ?... wouldn’t she?
She really would. I’d, I’d kind of die next to her. Wouldn’t you?

Absolutely!
Oh, I had sensed some bad things by her in the past but I really would die next to her in the ditches."

James McCartney: "One of my favourite songs is PJ Harvey's 'Teclo'"

Ed Kowalyzck(Live): played 'C'mon Billy' on his radio show.

Marina Diamandis: "“PJ Harvey doesn’t give a shit. She lives on a hill in Wales with one cat and does what she wants”

Akira Yamaoka(Video game composer): "Do you have any favorite bands and albums to recommend?

– My recommendations:

Visage - Visage
The Creatures - Anima Animus
The Cardigans - Gran Turismo
Kenji Omura - Haruga Ippai (a Japanese guitarist)
PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?"

Shaun Morgan(Seether): "C'Mon Billy - PJ Harvey - "I think she's absolutely amazing, and incredibly unique. This song is one of her more commercially accepted tracks, but I love the way her voice sounds."

Shaun Morgan(Seether): "PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love - "This album is a great hangover day album. The songs are soothing, but the lyrics are abrasive, which has always been an intriguing combination to me. PJ Harvey is one of my favorite singer/songwriters of all time, and this album is what I consider to be her finest in its entirety."

Chris Martin: "Chris: "Seriously, I'm being deadly serious, I just bought PJ Harvey's guitar, I'm trying to sound like her."

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:07 am 

Neko Case on twitter: "Not gonna make a record as good as "Let England shake". Ain't gonna happen..
That's ok though."

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am 

Polly_Jean_Cave wrote:
Neko Case on twitter: "Not gonna make a record as good as "Let England shake". Ain't gonna happen..
That's ok though."

Good one. I've just read it on Twitter.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 pm 

Tricky - Mojo magazine July 2013:

"Name me an artist as good as Polly Harvey now. Polly is one of the best artists we've got and she's not a pop star. She's no bullshit and that's why she can make incredible music. The reason I don't want bullshit is I wanna be a PJ Harvey."

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 pm 

^ that's a wonderful quote! <3 You tell 'em Tricky! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:26 am 

Frances Bean Cobain Twitter: one of my all time favorite music videos ever...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:35 am 

Not a musician, but actress Gemma Arterton loves Polly, thinks she is amazing.
Corresponded with her on Twitter about it. #Swoon

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:37 pm 

James Allan of Glasvegas (have just announced a new tour to promote new album):

'The reason for choosing 'The Words That Maketh Murder' was that some of the covers we have done in the past have been older songs, so we wanted to go for something newer. The PJ Harvey album 'Let England Shake' is a record we had been listening to and it seemed an obvious choice to pick a song from this record.'

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp? ... emID=67988

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28 pm 

Musician and comedian Bill Bailey, when presenting a show on xfm radio, a few days ago, called Polly incomparable and amazing.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:43 pm 

The Willows:

'Between the five of us though, there’s so many... Steve Earle, PJ Harvey, Nic Jones, Lau, Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, Angus & Julia Stone, Townes Van Zandt, Ryan Adams... the list could go on and on!'

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Whats-o ... 063730.htm

Emily Barker:

“I was listening to PJ Harvey's new record, 'Let England Shake', which I absolutely love, and the Decemberists' 'The King Is Dead',” she said. “Neil Young is a constant source of inspiration to me as well.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view ... z2ZzvSspxR

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 am 

Robert Plant on Twitter today:

So close to Avalon. Listening more and more to PJ Harvey and "Let England Shake" - thunders through my senses… --RP

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:59 pm 

Johnny Marr:

I’m thinking of the likes of Joe Strummer and PJ Harvey. These are singers that I admire.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/ ... 41178.html

Mark Steel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 44  Next