It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:41 am 

PJ's so mainstream
Next to CaCa, what a sold-out bech
Hahahahaha
XD

(just jokin' luv ya PJ <3 )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:13 am 

Have reached the point where I can listen to the album but once a day - it's so grippingBeautifulHorrorprovokingTouchingWhateverAlongThoseLines... you die and you're enlivened at the same time

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:55 pm 

i just cant get over in the dark places. when she goes into "our young men..." i get chills. every. time. i cant get enough of this album

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:
i just cant get over in the dark places. when she goes into "our young men..." i get chills. every. time. i cant get enough of this album

You too?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:27 pm 

revenire wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:

You too?

Me, too. When this section of the song begins I always wish it would go on forever. It's such a powerful image.

Kueken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:36 pm 

Kueken wrote:
revenire wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:

You too?

Me, too. When this section of the song begins I always wish it would go on forever. It's such a powerful image.

Kueken

the group of voices behind her add such strength to her voice and such a great support. that chord they sing is absolutely perfect for what she's saying and the emotion behind it. it evokes uncertainty, fear/apprehension because of that uncertainty, and a feeling of needing to push on and through darkness and hoping for some kind of severance. but that's just my thoughts :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am 

yarnforhair wrote:

It's definitely one of the great moments on the album...I love the break from the previous verses, and the chord changes that lead into the "our young men" lyric. It's so dramatic, and very effective.

Another chilling moment form me is from "On Battleship Hill" when she sings about jagged mountains jutting out, cracked like teeth in a rotten mouth. I absolutely love that lyric.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 am 

astroboy64 wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:

It's definitely one of the great moments on the album...I love the break from the previous verses, and the chord changes that lead into the "our young men" lyric. It's so dramatic, and very effective.

Another chilling moment form me is from "On Battleship Hill" when she sings about jagged mountains jutting out, cracked like teeth in a rotten mouth. I absolutely love that lyric.

i feel like this whole album paints the pictures in your head. that lyric is so perfect and i get a very strong image from it, as i do with all the songs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 am 

^ IA with all these comments. The "our young men" part comes at you strong, leaves you anxious then the songs comes to an abrupt end that's like a big slap in the face.
I think Bitter Branches is the perfect follower to that song 'cause Places leaves you frustrated and BB just lets loose and provides a release.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 pm 

It was either Polly_Jean_Cave or Black Hearted Love who commented on how 'In The Dark Places' reminds them of The Smiths' 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'.

Same with me. Wonderful lyrics to The Smiths song, particularly "And in the darkened underpass..." line. I adore that line.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:25 pm 

Polly in this week's NME. In their Special on the NME awards:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:36 pm 

Thanks for that, Polly_Jean_Cave. Out tomorrow.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:40 am 

German official Album Charts

German official Album Download
#20 (new Entry)

...this gives me hope :green: :green: :green: :green:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:22 am 

zeez wrote:
German official Album Charts

German official Album Download
#20 (new Entry)

...this gives me hope :green: :green: :green: :green:

Where did you get that number from? According to other sources it has fallen from number 20 (first week) to number 44 (second week) in the album charts.

Kueken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:46 pm 

Asherah wrote:
I'm playing it over, and over, and over again. In full. Life is good.

I'm there too :) And it even plays in my head when I'm not playing it :eek:

I was on holidays when the album was released, so in 2 days time I had the double shock of listening to the whole album for the first time and seeing her play it live.
As much as I had doubts when the first samples came out, now I know it's good. It's goooooooood.... It's so good, I think in the future it will be considered among her most significant albums in retrospect. Who agrees?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next