It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:57 pm 

Don' know if this was posted here before, but i bumped into this interview surfing the internet and i find it important for PJ's artistic development.

https://glidemagazine.com/4230/pj-harve ... rker-side/

Quote:
For me, music is something that is intangible, and I like the beauty of the fact that it’s moving in time and you can’t nail it down, you can’t pin it down. And I always think that songs are at their most beautiful when they’re performed live, and then it just passes by you on the air and it’s gone, and you have one of those sensations of “that was a beautiful moment in time and it passed through me and it’s gone.” And sometimes when you’re just driving around you have a sensation like that, from just being overwhelmed by something beautiful. And then that feeling, that lovely taste in your mouth, is just gone. And that’s why music is endlessly fascinating and untamable to me. So that is why the performance of music would come first.

She is totally on point. I remember driving through and on the hills of *******, Italy, listening to uh oh her and thinking about a mix of the past and the present and maybe a possible future. And that damn feeling. Maybe her music may not be cathartic for herself, but it surely is for me.
Bless her albionic heart.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:53 pm 

Yes, this is a great interview and it's basically the one recorded for the Please Leave Quietly dvd. From the dvd I couldn't say if she was being interviewed by someone else (I don't think this is mentioned anywhere on the credits), I always thought she was free-flowing. But it's a great interview nonetheless, one of the few providing a deep dive into her artistic vision and possibly the one that cemented my respect for her, back in the day.