It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:05 pm 

Yes, this is real. Not officially announced yet, but has shown up in 2 record stores so far, one in Los Angeles and one in Alexandria, Virginia.

https://imgur.com/a/7u5RH2E

https://imgur.com/a/jVqQ3ET

https://imgur.com/a/0LGsI5i

Retail is $165-180 USD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:09 am 

Don’t everyone reply at once now, I know this is very exciting news, but please let’s stay calm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:39 am 

Excited for this! Though I wish it came with a booklet of some sort.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:01 am 

Full vinyl tracklisting:

RECORD 1
A1 Dry - Demo
A2 Man-Size - Demo
A3 Missed - Demo
B1 Highway '61 Revisited - Demo
B2 Me-Jane - Demo

B3 Daddy

RECORD 2
A1 Lying In The Sun
A2 Somebody's Down, Somebody's Name
A3 Darling Be There
A4 Maniac
A5 One Time Too Many
B1 Harder
B2 Naked Cousin
B3 Losing Ground
B4 Who Will Love Me Now
B5 Why D'Ya Go To Cleveland

RECORD 3
A1 Instrumental #1
A2 The Northwood
A3 The Bay
A4 Sweeter Than Anything
A5 Instrumental #3
A6 The Faster I Breathe The Further I Go (4 Track Version)
A7 Nina In Ecstasy 2
B1 Rebecca
B2 Instrumental #2
B3 This Wicked Tongue
B4 Memphis
B5 30

RECORD 4
A1 66 Promises
A2 As Close As This
A3 My Own Private Revolution
A4 Kick It To The Ground (4 Track)
B1 The Falling
B2 The Phone Song
B3 Bows & Arrows
B4 Angel
B5 Stone

RECORD 5
A1 97°
A2 Dance
A3 Cat On The Wall - Demo
A4 You Come Through - Demo
A5 Uh Huh Her - Demo
A6 Evol - Demo

B1 Wait
B2 Heaven
B3 Liverpool Tide
B4 The Big Guns Called Me Back Again
B5 The Nightingale
B6 Shaker Aamer

RECORD 6
A1 Guilty - Demo
A2 I'll Be Waiting - Demo
A3 Homo Sappy Blues - Demo
A4 The Age Of The Dollar - Demo

A5 The Camp
B1 An Acre Of Land
B2 The Crowded Cell
B3 The Sandman - Demo
B4 The Moth - Demo
B5 Red Right Hand

The sticker says 14 previously unreleased tracks but I've counted 12.

Rumoured for a November release so an official annoucement should follow soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:43 pm 

At first, as you may expect, i was in ecstasy for this amazing piece of news. Then,thinking about it, i noticed two weird elements:
1) the box is in 2 records stores before the official announcement, 2) those stores are in USA and not in UK.
Then again, as a counterpoint, i examined the photos you posted and they look completely legit.

BUT an hour ago my doubts were eradicated when i was informed of a brand new PJ Harvey newsletter,and, after joining it, i received this mail:
https://ibb.co/s3YypmH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:43 pm 

I know this is going to sound typically ungrateful, but I was expecting more unreleased stuff since the reissues campaign started, this was the chance of a lifetime. It's still cool though. Oh and I don't understand why the demos of 'You Come Through' and 'Cat on the Wall' weren't added to the "Uh Huh Her" demo collection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:19 pm 

desperateK wrote:
I know this is going to sound typically ungrateful, but I was expecting more unreleased stuff since the reissues campaign started, this was the chance of a lifetime. It's still cool though. Oh and I don't understand why the demos of 'You Come Through' and 'Cat on the Wall' weren't added to the "Uh Huh Her" demo collection.

Yeah, while I'm happy this will be out there and all those tracks will finally be collected in one place, it was probably the last chance to make some of the more obscure stuff available - I think especially "Claudine" and "Primed & Ticking" would round up the first disc nicely (the Peel Session recordings or even demos, if no studio versions were completed) or some unheard outtakes that they teased on the cassette photos on her Instagram a couple years ago. Now I don't think we will ever see these tracks properly released.

Apart from "Instrumental #1", all new the stuff here are demos of songs we already know - and while I'm glad they were included, it's kind of weird to have, say, a demo of "The Age of the Dollar" but not the full-band studio version from the film. There are also some proper B-sides missing (full-band "Reeling", "Long Time Coming", "Wang Dang Doodle") as well as film/radio contributions ("Nickel Under the Foot", "Dance on the Mountain", etc.) so it's far from a complete set anyway.

And yeah, no idea why they decided to take "You Come Though" and "Cat on the Wall" off the UHH demos album and then slap them on here as 'previously unreleased' material. Again, it's cool this boxset is being released, just... some strange choices were made.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:31 pm 

As for the missing BBC/Peel tracks, I believe licensing is an issue. I don’t think there are any Peel tracks on this tracklisting are there? If anything, there’s a chance a Vol. 2 Peel Sessions could be released and then we’ll see “Claudine,” and maybe that BBC Evening Sessions live take of “Long Time…”

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:59 pm 

This news completely defied my expectations, I had lost my hopes and I'm very glad she's finally doing this, BUT:

- I hope a cd version will come out as well and I hope it will be less costly
- I love the idea of having all the b-sides in good quality and of course to be able to listen to the missing demos
- I'm disappointed there are so few new tracks
- Where are "Clothes" and "He's Just My Type"?
- With 6 vinyls in a single box I strongly hope for six new pictures, not just the standard 3 front-cover/folder/back cover

Anyway, yay!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:15 pm 

BobSimms wrote:
As for the missing BBC/Peel tracks, I believe licensing is an issue. I don’t think there are any Peel tracks on this tracklisting are there? If anything, there’s a chance a Vol. 2 Peel Sessions could be released and then we’ll see “Claudine,” and maybe that BBC Evening Sessions live take of “Long Time…”

Yeah, I also think it all comes down to licensing, but still. I don't think there's a reasonable chance for a second volume of the Peel Sessions, so unless there's some additional vault-airing in the far future, I guess the mp3 radio rips is all we'll ever have.

And yes, I assume there are also CD/digital streaming versions coming, just like with all other reissues.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:14 pm 

First, holy shit! I'm so happy this is happening!

Second, I wish this was more complete. I've been waiting for an official, clean release of Claudine and Primed & Ticking since I heard them on a bootleg back in the 90s. I was disappointed they weren't included on the Peel Sessions record, but maybe they'll still be released sometime in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:06 pm 

Videos have appeared in PJ's official youtube account.
Yep this is finally real, Deo Gratias! Waiting for the official announcement tomorrow at 10 am( british).
https://youtu.be/C7XEaOX1n3I

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:23 pm 

Sebastiano, what time zone are you in? I had just checked the PJH YouTube to see if there was anything there yet (even something as-yet-unplayable for me on the US East Coast), but nothing! Then I came here and found your link. Wish they’d have gone with a more ‘exclusive’ track than that one, but at least it’s confirmation that the announcement is forthcoming.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:37 am 

Not sure why everyone is asleep at this wheel on this forum, but 3 tracks have been made available digitally so far. “Dry (Demo)”, “Missed (Demo)”, and “Somebody’s Down, Somebody’s Name”. They’re available on all major streaming services as of midnight Thursday 8th September.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:14 am 

iTunes announces the release for the 4th of November

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next