It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:22 am 

For anyone here who understands French, there will be a long interview with Polly by rock critic Michka Assayas on June 27 and 28 in his programme Very Good Trip on France Inter. Apparently they will also play several tracks from the album. The details are on this Facebook post, including this photo.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=18 ... 0662893876

By the way, hi everyone, first time posting here but I've been lurking for a while. Thank you for being such a great resource for information on Polly's work and on the new album!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:43 pm 

PJ writes:
Quote:
"My only other singing partner on the album is John Parish, and he appears throughout.

My musical soulmate, my mentor, my challenging and inspiring musical partner of 30 years."
"Our voices are familiar with each other and yet continually find new ways to present themselves. John let us guide his voice into new expressions on this album that add such a strange and beautiful dimension to the work."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:58 pm 

Uncut Review:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:34 pm 

Thanks natinhos!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:40 pm 

Thank you so much for this.
Quote:
the soft Doors-like swell of Seem An I

:shocked: OH YES

This is a personal wetdream!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:54 pm 

WhenUnderEther wrote:
For anyone here who understands French, there will be a long interview with Polly by rock critic Michka Assayas on June 27 and 28 in his programme Very Good Trip on France Inter. Apparently they will also play several tracks from the album. The details are on this Facebook post, including this photo.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=18 ... 0662893876

By the way, hi everyone, first time posting here but I've been lurking for a while. Thank you for being such a great resource for information on Polly's work and on the new album!

Thank you for sharing this and hello!

Since it's French radio, I presume the interview will be dubbed but it would be cool if some French-speaking Gardener would post a little summary of what Polly said.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:15 pm 

https://youtu.be/5d7HEgPxet4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:48 am 

natinhos wrote:
Uncut Review

Thanks for sharing.

"punctuated by Throbbing Gristle-like of playground mayhem" Oh woaw ! Sounds perfect for a fan of experimental things like me :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:05 pm 

I speak french, if i manage to catch the interview i'll try to give you a little summary if i can

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:18 am 

I'll see what I can do, but apparently it will quite a long interview. Maybe the dubbing won't cover Polly's answers completely? They described it as a detailed and very earnest interview. The programme should be worth listening to for the new tracks as well, not just the singles. Here's the link to the podcast:
https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/podcasts/very-good-trip

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:08 pm 

^ Great, thanks!

Not sure how to embed Instagram links here but Polly's account just posted a behind the scenes video from the studio, featuring Ben Whishaw, Colin Morgan, and John Parish.

Quote:
The Other Voices, part 4

“Colin Morgan and Ben Whishaw were an important part of the growth of the whole project that became my book ‘Orlam’ and the album ‘I Inside the Old Year Dying’.

From the project’s inception I shared ideas, songs and poems with them and at one stage the three of us tried out its potential as a stage piece with the director @ian.rickson before it settled into its current forms. Because they had been so much a part of my journey of making the work, I knew I needed their voices present on the album.

@_john.parish_’s voice is also an integral part of the work. Although I have heard John sing many times he continues to surprise me. I had never heard him sing as he does on this album, enhancing the mystery and emotional depth of the songs.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:43 pm 

For those who speak French : https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/ ... 23-3041674

This article says that during the shows of tomorrow and after tomorrow they will play all the album tracks ! Very unusual. Can't wait to hear all the new songs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:30 am 

Tonight first half of the album : https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/ ... 23-6658790
« Prayer at the Gate » extrait de l’album « I Inside the Old Year Dying »

« Autumn Term » extrait de l’album « I Inside the Old Year Dying »

« Lwonesome Tonight » extrait de l’album « I Inside the Old Year Dying »

« Seem an I » extrait de l’album « I Inside the Old Year Dying »

« The Nether-Edge » extrait de l’album « I Inside the Old Year Dying »

« I Inside the Old I Dying » extrait de l’album « I Inside the Old Year Dying »

"Very Good Trip" is also available on Spotify as a podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:07 pm 

indeed it just started and there's already one new track playing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:12 pm 

This Prayer at the gate - Stunning opener. Unlike anything she has ever done before. Gorgeous thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next