It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:02 am 

Congrats to Michelle Henning for winning the Art Vinyl 2023 best cover!

https://www.itsnicethat.com/news/best-a ... try-110124

interview about the design here https://www.tumblr.com/artvinyl/7374112 ... year-dying

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:35 am 

nice interview, its a different one from the first we ve got few months ago

the white album and the velvet underground & nico are the obvious references of the IITOYD artwork

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:17 pm 

“Seem an I” video out next week, there’s a short teaser on her Instagram

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:23 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM0Ddro7Dus

starring actress Ruth Wilson ( winner of Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama) .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:15 pm 

Wish it was a bit longer / more than just running, but beautifully shot nonetheless, and I’m glad it’s not black&white, this era’s visuals needed some colour. Love Ruth Wilson, too; happy to learn they’re friendly!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:01 pm 

Quote:
Polly says,"Ruth and I became friends after working together on Clio Barnard's film Dark River. I have always greatly admired Ruth's work as an actor, so had long harboured a dream that we might work together again in some way.

When the opportunity to work with Colm Bairéad came up I knew him to be a director Ruth thought highly of, as I did, so it felt right to ask her if she would star in the film. I find the resulting short film beautiful and moving for having Ruth's magical presence, and Colm’s unique vision."

I'm appalled to learn the director is Oscar-nominated. Sorry, but I fail to see any beauty or depth in this clip. I generally enjoy minimalism but this is three minutes of nothing, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:24 pm 

Same. This clip is pointless, and people running in fields in slo-mo is such a visual cliché... on a pure visual level it is just as uninspired..and the editing is pretty bad too, I was quite doubtful reading that the director is Oscar-nominated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 pm 

lepetitlord wrote:
Same. This clip is pointless, and people running in fields in slo-mo is such a visual cliché... on a pure visual level it is just as uninspired..and the editing is pretty bad too, I was quite doubtful reading that the director is Oscar-nominated.

I agree with you. I was not impressed with the video at all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:13 pm 

It's not the most exciting video I've ever seen but I quite like it. It is quite subtle. It has that mix of beautiful countryside and dark undercurrent that Orlam has, plus the feeling that you don't fully know what is going on. I think it complements the song rather than overshadowing it. The "I Inside the Old I Dying" video in comparison was a very inventive video but I didn't see much connection to the song.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20