It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:49 pm 

Surprised no one’s posted this here yet. You can hear Ben Wishaw discussing things he loves, including his friend PJ Harvey’s “The Garden,” on the new podcast Things I Love. They play a good chunk of the demo.

https://linktr.ee/pjharvey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:59 pm 

Great interview. I would love it if Polly herself was a guest on this podcast one day!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am 

BobSimms wrote:
Surprised no one’s posted this here yet. You can hear Ben Wishaw discussing things he loves, including his friend PJ Harvey’s “The Garden,” on the new podcast Things I Love. They play a good chunk of the demo.

https://linktr.ee/pjharvey

thank you for this. it's interesting how many times the live versions of certain songs are not reworkings but interpretations of her original arrangements on the demos (I'm thinking of 'Hook' when it was played in 1995 outside the trio format, or 'Water' on that same tour including her original solo note by note). makes me wonder if the 'Joy' demo will have the arrangement of the live version as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:54 am 

Thanks for the heads up! I really can't wait to buy this demo record. Hope it doesn't get pushed back again.