It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:28 pm 

I stumbled upon the fact that this new Walking Dead spin-off TV series has the song, 'The Devil' featured somehow. Youtube was suddenly flush with comments related to this song in conjunction with the series.

So I decided to tune into the first (pilot) episode, just curious to see how much and where the song was being used.

It's featured very prominently, as it turns out. It's heard in the opening scene, fading in and out a couple times for maybe about a minute. Then a brief snatch of the song is used again a few minutes further into the episode.

The shows viewers seem to be responding to it very favorably, which was kind of surprising to me. I can understand how a film or series can amplify the positive emotional reaction to songs being used, but I was surprised here because this is a new series so viewers haven't even had a chance to become invested in the characters or storytelling yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:50 pm 

I threw the episode on as I had nothing else to do and was very surprised to hear Polly! Then I remembered they featured a song from Uh Huh Huh in the other Walking Dead spin-off. I can't remember the exact episode but it was a couple of years ago. I think someone on the Walking Dead staff must be a Polly fan! :D