It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:28 pm 

This comment on the Youtube video of The Colour of the Earth finished me this evening:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:39 am 

AineteEkaterini wrote:
This comment on the Youtube video of The Colour of the Earth finished me this evening:

Jesus. Unfortunately the album resonates even more 11 years after its release. I've had "In the Dark Places," both the demo and the studio version, on a loop yesterday and today, no other music makes sense at the moment. Слава Україні. Hoping for this senseless aggression to stop.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:46 am 

Sweet Mother of Jesus guys, why are you talking about politics crap even in PJ Harvey's forum? I came here to detach myself from modern-day political situation ( searching for PJ rarities)... not for this bullcrap. Nothing personal, i'm just tired. i love PJ music and i want to read about people enjoing it too, not this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:17 pm 

Sebastiano Boina wrote:
Sweet Mother of Jesus guys, why are you talking about politics crap even in PJ Harvey's forum? I came here to detach myself from modern-day political situation ( searching for PJ rarities)... not for this bullcrap. Nothing personal, i'm just tired. i love PJ music and i want to read about people enjoing it too, not this.

Boo hoo. "How dare you mention war on a forum dedicated to an artist making albums about war?"

Such a naïve, immature view of art to consider it totally separate from things happening in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:53 am 

I had no intent here to discuss the actual politics of anything that may be going on in the world presently; I agree that's not what a forum like this is for and I too am at the point where I would quite like to escape it. But my post was exactly about someone responding to PJ's music - about the continued relevance of a piece of work ten years after it was released, and about how people can see resonances and reflections of their own lives in it. That does seem useful to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:30 pm 

TheNightingale wrote:
Sebastiano Boina wrote:

Boo hoo. "How dare you mention war on a forum dedicated to an artist making albums about war?"

Such a naïve, immature view of art to consider it totally separate from things happening in the world.

I thing you are the one being naive here. Let England Shake is about war ( english wars on particular) yet PJ Harvey
Did not want to make a political statement what so ever.
What annoys me is not creating a link between art and reality but politicize art, expecially when it's a strictly non political one. Don't take my statement as a personal attack, that's not my aim here. My point was that I'm looking for catharsis not mundanity. Sincerly yours, Sebastiano Boina.