It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:54 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:38 pm
Posts: 64
somme wrote:
Guilty

Rules and regulations

There's a little figure
On the television
Scratching at the ground
By a pile of rice
Grainy little figures
On television screens
Waiting at the moment
Guilty! Guilty!

What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?

Power the the private eye (?)
The Grim Reaper
Greedy little suspects
Running for the shelter
The drones have come
Come in a thousands

But nobody asked us if we wanted them
If we wanted them
If we wanted them

Back in the bunker
In the Operations Room
A boy soldier is eating his lunch
While drones in their thousands
Built in Texas
To roaring voices
But nobody asked us


I seem to hear "by a pile of rags" and "grainy little suspects"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 204
So I think the majority of the song is from the point of view of the military conducting the drone attacks, trying to work out which people are terrorists by use of the drones cameras. Basically trying to decide who they should bomb.

"What's he doing with that stick?" is basically just them saying, "is he a threat?"

Another powerful song. I wonder if, instead of b-sides she's going to release all of the other songs as singles. Maybe she thought they were too important to be hidden away as b-sides.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 204
Mr. Badmouth wrote:
somme wrote:
Guilty

Rules and regulations

There's a little figure
On the television
Scratching at the ground
By a pile of rice
Grainy little figures
On television screens
Waiting at the moment
Guilty! Guilty!

What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?

Power the the private eye (?)
The Grim Reaper
Greedy little suspects
Running for the shelter
The drones have come
Come in a thousands

But nobody asked us if we wanted them
If we wanted them
If we wanted them

Back in the bunker
In the Operations Room
A boy soldier is eating his lunch
While drones in their thousands
Built in Texas
To roaring voices
But nobody asked us


I seem to hear "by a pile of rags" and "grainy little suspects"


Rags would make more sense. And I'd just changed it to grainy as you typed. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 204
So I'm pretty sure these are all right now, except the Waiting for the Moment line. Can't quite get it.
somme wrote:

Guilty

Rules and regulations

There's a little figure
On the television
Scratching at the ground
By a pile of rags
Grainy little figures
On the television screens
Weighing up the moment
Guilty! Guilty!

What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?

Power to the private eye
The Grim Reaper
Grainy little suspects
Running for the shelter
The drones have come
Come in the thousands

But nobody asked us if we wanted them
If we wanted them
If we wanted them

Back in the bunker
In the Operations Room
A boy soldier is eating his lunch
While drones in their thousands
Are built in Texas
To roaring voices
But nobody asked us
If we wanted them


Last edited by somme on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:33 am
Posts: 9
somme wrote:
So I'm pretty sure these are all right now, except the Waiting for the Moment line. Can't quite get it.
somme wrote:

Guilty

Rules and regulations

There's a little figure
On the television
Scratching at the ground
By a pile of rags
Grainy little figures
On the television screens
Waiting at the moment
Guilty! Guilty!

What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?

Power to the private eye
The Grim Reaper
Grainy little suspects
Running for the shelter
The drones have come
Come in the thousands

But nobody asked us if we wanted them
If we wanted them
If we wanted them

Back in the bunker
In the Operations Room
A boy soldier is eating his lunch
While drones in their thousands
Are built in Texas
To roaring voices
But nobody asked us
If we wanted them


Initially heard it as 'weighing up the moment'... may be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:44 am
Posts: 124
.


Last edited by Blackie on Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 pm
Posts: 4
Does anyone know where it can be bought in FLAC/WAV in the US?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm
Posts: 6
P J HARVEY
GUILTY

Rules and regulation
Rules and regulation
Rules and regulation

There's a little figure
On the television
Scratching at the ground
By a pile of rags
Grainy little figures
On television screens
Weighing up the moment
Guilty, Guilty

What's he doing with that stick?
What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?
Which one is guilty?

Power to the predator
The grim reaper
Greedy little suspects
Running for the shelter
Drones have come
Come in their thousands
Nobody asked us
If we wanted them

If we wanted them
If we wanted them

Back in the bunker
In the Operations Room
A bored soldier
Is eating his lunch
While drones in their thousands
Are unveiled in Texas
To roaring voices
But nobody asked us
If we wanted them

What's he doing with that stick?
What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?
Which one is guilty?

Power to the predator
The grim reaper
Greedy little suspects
Running for the shelter
Drones have come
Come in their thousands
But nobody asked us
If we wanted them

Nobody asked us
If we wanted them


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 pm
Posts: 2333
Location: ~ +38.4, -122.7
jph wrote:
P J HARVEY
GUILTY

Rules and regulation
Rules and regulation
Rules and regulation

There's a little figure
On the television
Scratching at the ground
By a pile of rags
Grainy little figures
On television screens
Weighing up the moment
Guilty, Guilty

What's he doing with that stick?
What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?
Which one is guilty?

Power to the predator
The grim reaper
Greedy little suspects
Running for the shelter
Drones have come
Come in their thousands
Nobody asked us
If we wanted them

If we wanted them
If we wanted them

Back in the bunker
In the Operations Room
A bored soldier
Is eating his lunch
While drones in their thousands
Are unveiled in Texas
To roaring voices
But nobody asked us
If we wanted them

What's he doing with that stick?
What's he doing with that stick?
Which one is guilty?
Which one is guilty?

Power to the predator
The grim reaper
Greedy little suspects
Running for the shelter
Drones have come
Come in their thousands
But nobody asked us
If we wanted them

Nobody asked us
If we wanted them

Thanks jph! Are these official? I don't see the lyrics on the official site yet.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JelqPcoaAB8"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:09 pm
Posts: 67
xmasinspace wrote:
Does anyone know where it can be bought in FLAC/WAV in the US?

So far I only found a lossless version at Qobuz… but they're only selling in a few European countries. It will probably pop up in other digital stores (7digital, Bleep, Boomkat) this Friday, the regular release day for popular tunes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:38 am
Posts: 4
Genius song, really.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:36 am
Posts: 2207
http://www.junodownload.com/products/pj-harvey-guilty/3158978-02/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:04 pm
Posts: 112
Location: Slovenia
I like it more than a lot of the songs that made it on the album. It's a shame this one didn't make the cut


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:44 am
Posts: 124
.


Last edited by Blackie on Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:09 pm
Posts: 67
Kuk91 wrote:

Juno also isn't selling this track to US citizens (due to copyright restrictions).

Donald Trump will probably fix this soon, he makes the best deals.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: