It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:26 pm 

somme wrote:
So I saw Seamus Murphy last night at my university, talking about a lot of his career and of course his collaboration with PJ Harvey.

Haven't you asked him about the documentary? I would ask how the work is going and how they are going to release it (online platforms, selected theaters, DVD, all of that, or maybe they will show it before some live shows when it's possible).

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:30 pm 

Polly's gonna perform and talk at Andrew Marr show this Sunday at 9am!!

https://twitter.com/RobBurl/status/733252986256957440

Last edited by Kuk91 on Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:48 pm 

somme wrote:
So I saw Seamus Murphy last night at my university, talking about a lot of his career and of course his collaboration with PJ Harvey.

Here's some info I remember:

Quote:
- He got demos for Let England Shake two years before the album was released.
- She doesn't interfere with his work at all. She lets him go off and do his own thing.
- A lot of the footage for the Hope Six songs is from his previous work.
- They are releasing one more video, for The Orange Monkey.
- They were having legal issues with the video. Polly's management were scared a man in the video might sue them but they've sorted it out now.
- I asked a question! Basically about the legal wranglings, but then I asked to see the video.. and he happily played it! It's seemed as though all the footage was from Afghanistan - I remember a tank, American soldiers, and some fish!
- I also commented on how I loved the gospel choir in The Community of Hope video, which he seemed pleased with.
- I was the only one who asked about his work, others asked about what camera he used, not what he took with the cameras.
- He then asked whether I'd seen the controversy surround the Community of Hope song, obviously I said I had! He then went on to pretty much say the whole thing is bollocks (I am paraphrasing) and they decided the best thing to do would be to ignore it.

If I remember anything else, or if you have any questions, please ask!

Well done, somme. Thanks. I love his comments on the controversy surrounding the Community of Hope song.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:06 pm 

Kuk91 wrote:
somme wrote:

Haven't you asked him about the documentary? I would ask how the work is going and how they are going to release it (online platforms, selected theaters, DVD, all of that, or maybe they will show it before some live shows when it's possible).

Sorry I didn't ask about that. But I assume work is still ongoing and it'll be released on DVD/online.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:09 pm 

Honestly I am glad they are just ignoring that stupid criticism. Listening to smart, constructive criticism is a good idea. Ignoring ignorant dogma is a better idea. You cant worry what every idiot out there's knee jerk reaction will be to something that actually says something.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:22 pm 

Thank you for sharing somme. It makes sense they're releasing one video for each country but I guess LES spoiled me and that would be repeating herself. I'm sure we'll see a lot more on the film.

I can't believe we will have our first official performance soon and that she will TALK about the record. I miss her!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:46 am 

Last edited by Blackie on Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:31 am 

Quote:
I can't believe we will have our first official performance soon and that she will TALK about the record. I miss her!

I share this feeling. I love watching her interviews and I want new ones so badly! I'm so glad that she decided to talk :)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:37 am 

You never know... they must just talk about how she doesn't want to talk about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:57 pm 

Blackie wrote:
Great news. My guess is she'll perform "Near the Memorials" which she has done solo a couple times, but who knows ?
I hope she talks about the album and not only the book.

When did she perform "Near the Memorials..." live? Do you mean the book launch last October? I thought none of the songs had been performed live yet (apart from those two nights).

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:54 pm 

somme wrote:
You never know... they must just talk about how she doesn't want to talk about it.

I just love to watch her talking, so whatever she talks about I'll be very very happy lol

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:29 am 

I hope she will talk - because HERE she is only credited as "performer". If she doesn't want to talk about album, she could talk about tour.

And does this show always has only minimalistic solo performances? I think the 10-piece band should've already started rehearsals by now, so maybe Polly would appear alongside a few musicians - is it possible?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:05 am 

She's gonna do a solo of "The Community Of Hope" on electric guitar (and in the same dress as on the poster).

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:11 am 

There was also a tiny interview bit, but here's only the song:

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:36 am 

Thank you for the clip, did somebody ear the interview?
shoul be available here soon http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07d3hk7

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 54  Next