It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 pm 

brownbrown wrote:
Amazon Japan and Amazon US says The Wheel 7" Vinly will be released on 19 February. So maybe we don't have to wait until April :smile: Also February makes sense considering LES but not make sense considering tour dates :down:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Wheel-7-inch-Analog/dp/B018V5MGUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453158866&sr=8-1&keywords=pj+harvey+the+wheel

http://www.amazon.com/Wheel-PJ-Harvey/dp/B018V5MGUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453158959&sr=8-1&keywords=pj+harvey+the+wheel

Thanks! Pre-ordered. :grin:

Do we know if Vagrant is releasing the album in the US?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 pm 

brownbrown wrote:
Amazon Japan and Amazon US says The Wheel 7" Vinly will be released on 19 February. So maybe we don't have to wait until April :smile: Also February makes sense considering LES but not make sense considering tour dates :down:

I remember "The Words That Maketh Murder" was available for download at the end of December / early January, while we discovered "Written on the forehead" and "The last living rose" at the end of November and around mid-December.

I think that doesn't mean that the album will release in February, unfortunately. All the album were announced around three months before they released: June > September for White Chalk, beginning of january > end of march for AWAMWB, November > February for LES. Maybe on Thursday, they will announce an official release for April. I might be wrong but it's kind the same thing every new album...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:15 pm 

Pluton wrote:
brownbrown wrote:

I remember "The Words That Maketh Murder" was available for download at the end of December / early January, while we discovered "Written on the forehead" and "The last living rose" at the end of November and around mid-December.

I think that doesn't mean that the album will release in February, unfortunately. All the album were announced around three months before they released: June > September for White Chalk, beginning of january > end of march for AWAMWB, November > February for LES. Maybe on Thursday, they will announce an official release for April. I might be wrong but it's kind the same thing every new album...

I mean that we don't have to wait until April for The Wheel single, not for the album :smile: Comparing tour dates of LES with this year's tour dates, album will be released in April or even May for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:03 pm 

Thanks for the minute long clip. I had a feeling there would be a lot of instrumental sections in this album.

The Hollow of the Hand versions were to showcase the lyrics/words rather than the music, hence the stripped back sound. This album sounds as though it's going to be full, in your face and very catchy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:28 am 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
somme wrote:
....This album sounds as though it's going to be full, in your face and very catchy.

lest hope so somme lets hope so!
tbf i've been a tad disillusioned & underwhelmed with the last couple of years being drip fed & kept hanging......& that's coming from a long time Polly fan, she can do no wrong in my eyes but I must admit i'm on the precipice at the moment :???:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:02 pm 

Does somebody have any idea about when Lamacq usually presents new tracks in the space of this 2 hours programme - beginning, middle or the end? In Russia it starts at 7pm, and I tend to be a little busy around that time, but I really don't wanna miss a premiere.

Also, maybe they'll get Polly on the phone or something - how do you think? She seems to be avoiding any interviews nowadays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:37 pm 

They say on BBC6 Music facebook page that you can listen from 5pm so I guess in the second half of the programme they will play the single. Not in the first hour. It was also same for Written on the Forehead. They played at the second half of the programme.

Last edited by brownbrown on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:15 pm 

brownbrown wrote:
Not in the first hour. It was also same for Written on the Forehead.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:09 am 

Yeah these shows are cruel. They know we're be listening from the beginning "just in case" which makes they're ratings higher - so they'll only play it towards the end, or at least in the second half.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:45 am 

Here`s a short clip for you :-)

http://www.musikexpress.de/pj-harvey-ne ... er-455619/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:52 pm 

tuned in BCC 6 Music, last minutes of Radcliffe and Maconie show...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:58 pm 

I just tuned in and it started with him saying "PJ Harvey's new single 'The Wheel'". Did they play it or was that just a preview announcement?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm 

Woo! Just found my old account. I'll post from here now on- this is "socalledchaos84" :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:02 pm 

Hi, Lamacq just started :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:06 pm 

As soon as he said "We have a new song from PJ Harvey" this damn online player frozen - did he said something else about it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next