It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:27 pm 

Not sure if this has been posted before. I know Polly wasn't too enamoured with it:

http://thegreatmusicmentaries.tumblr.co ... y-on#notes

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 am 
Site Admin

It seems like the documentarian, Kyle Keyser, checked in here years ago and gave us a preview. I can't find that, it may have been an older version of The Garden. There is this though -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=431&hilit=Kyle+Keyser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:36 am 

http://vimeo.com/4977022

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:54 pm 

This ("film"?) sucked. And they said some nasty things about her towards the end. What don't they understand? She's a private person. If they really wanted to know her, they'd drop the camera, and find some appropriate way to weave themselves into her life for maybe a few minutes. No one has any 'real' respect for people who gush when meeting another person.

Owen! Food! Don't you in-a-minute momma me! Get off your fat little ass or I'll break it for you! I want two soft-boiled eggs, white toast, and some of that grape jelly, God Damnit! And don't burn the toast! Move it, fat boy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:23 pm 

Pretty much how I feel, and I'm Polly obsessed.

I don't think I'd even say more than a couple words to her if given the chance to meet her. I know what it's like to be introverted and not want people bothering me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:05 pm 

I found this on Facebook. At least I think it is the same one. Something about "following PJ Harvey," or something to that extent. I was interested, but found it a bit stalker-like & possibly not very respectful. I don't know what to think of it. But I would love to see a well done documentary on Polly if one ever exists. I wonder if she will ever do one like Dylan's "No Direction Home" documentary at some point. Perhaps when she's a bit older, as Dylan's was. I really love that documentary film. Does anyone else know if something like this is ever to be in the works? Does anyone have any other favourite documentary films about musicians or rock bands? I also like "Fearless Freaks" about The Flaming Lips & "The Devil & Daniel Johnston." But Dylan's takes the cake for me. I would love for Polly to do a documentary of that caliber at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:20 pm 

thanks for the share really enjoyed this documentary.