It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 'Fuck PJ Harvey'
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:36 pm 

Comments on Beardyman youtube clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwAFHhlcrtA

Edit: Sorry, didn't make it clear. The comments are left by commenters, not heard on the actual clip.

Post subject: Re: 'Fuck PJ Harvey'
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:21 pm 

YEAH FUCK YOU PJ!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:21 pm 

Maybe she asked them to do that because she had a bad experience when she came to Summer Case Festival in Spain, the noise of others concerts was entering all the time in her concert, what its normal if you are doing an acoustic concert in a tent in a festival.I think this is the risk of doing soloshows in festivals and she know it, I dont know why she still trying it. Is not faire to ask to the group beside to put down the music a little bit when you are in a festival. But I'm disagree the way he talk about her, this is not the way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:39 pm 

At the risk of sounding clichéd, Polly has more talent in her little finger than Bolshyman and the combined processing power of all those flippin' synthesizers. There was still a lot of background muzac coming from that direction on the quieter numbers of her set (that'll be most of them then).

Wish she would do the End of the Road festival in Dorset, its more the musicians festival. I'm sure that other artist could be accomodated too, in the Comedy Tent perhaps? :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 pm 

ethereal wrote:
At the risk of sounding clichéd, Polly has more talent in her little finger than Bolshyman and the combined processing power of all those flippin' synthesizers. There was still a lot of background muzac coming from that direction on the quieter numbers of her set (that'll be most of them then).

Wish she would do the End of the Road festival in Dorset, its more the musicians festival. I'm sure that other artist could be accomodated too, in the Comedy Tent perhaps? :)

Hahaha! When you get people allegedly chanting "Kill the witch PJ Harvey" in the burlesque tent it is very tempting to leave a comment on the Camp Bestival forum along the lines of: 'We don't need proper acts being drowned out by third rate novelty acts!'

Interesting to see Beardyman has mentioned Polly in the comments to his last two youtube posts. I'm pretty sure he was performing throughout the day, so he had a lot of stage time!

Rob Da Bank left this comment on the Camp Bestival forum in reply to a comment I left:

'just to clarify there were no excessive demands but by dint of doing an intimate show in the big top on saturday night and the amount of people watching on the screen we had to trim most sound levels elsewhere onsite...and i think for 75 minutes of calm elsewhere it was well worth it! and one of best gigs i saw this year almost pipped to the post by bon iver!
;-)'

He was very complimentary about Polly and her gig on other sites.

I don't think Polly really knew the 'set-up' of the festival. She was right to use the Big Top for her gig. Hopefully she'll be back there with some of the usual friends joining her. :-)

End of the Road festival sounds good; I think I've heard of it. Hopefully they can have the Bookworm tent from Camp Bestival. The young woman organising it was sublime.

Mark Steel