It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:06 pm 

I don't know anything about this magazine, maybe it's an American mag, but I'd love to see these photo's.

"Our flagship article is about the deep friendship between PJ Harvey and Ann Demeulemeester and her husband, Patrick Robyn. It is accompanied by Robyn’s portraits of PJ Harvey, one of which graces the cover, in the clothes Demeulemeester designed for her Let England Shake tour. These ethereal images have never been published before and are our special gift to you."

http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2012/04/new-issue-announcement/

https://www.facebook.com/pjharveyalternativepage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 pm 

cool! thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:47 pm 

$45 pffffffff....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 pm 

wickedtongue wrote:
$45 pffffffff....

Yeah, my thoughts too, even without the cost of postage, its an expensive magazine. Too elitist for this prole.

Fortunately, I have seen and heard her last year and that was the greatest art...pretty sure Millais, Mengin or Waterhouse would have wanted to paint her :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 pm 

Hi everyone,

I am the editor of StyleZeitgeist. I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for noticing the magazine and to explain a little about the pricing. Indeed the $40 (not $45) seems like a lot of money for a magazine. However, please understand that mainstream magazines rely on advertising for revenue and they essentially lose money on each sale (the formula is more eyes = more advertising money). We have virtually no advertising in the magazine and a lot of REAL content and we rely on real people for support. Printing and distributing a magazine is a very expensive process. This publication is truly a labor of love. For those who have labors of love of your own, we hope you understand. And if you come stateside, the magazine is $30 (shipping overseas unfortunately is very expensive).

Thank you for your support.

Best,
Eugene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:32 pm 

^ Thanks Eugene, I'm sure this issue of StyleZeitgeist is absolutely gorgeous and deserves to be successful.
I love the art, Ann Demeulemeester has done with Polly, it is another perfect facet of Let England Shake.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 am 

Thank you. Indeed, this is what the article is partly about. BTW, love that New Yorker photo of PJH you posted. The article it came from, not so much...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:11 am 

I will have to read the New Yorker article, as I am curious now. I wanted to remove the comment at the bottom of the photo, " PJ Harvey does blunt force, sex, and transcendent rudeness like nobody else", because it shows in my opinion, a misunderstanding or poor view of what Polly's work is about.

More importantly, Welcome to The Garden, Eugene. It is not only a good resource, but also one of the most friendly places on the web :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 pm 

Thank you, Mickey.

The New Yorker article can be found here, although I am not sure if it's viewable outside of the US.

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/m ... frerejones

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:22 pm 

Thanks for the link, it is viewable here in England. Have to agree with you, not keen on this article myself.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:17 am 

Faust wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am the editor of StyleZeitgeist. I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for noticing the magazine and to explain a little about the pricing. Indeed the $40 (not $45) seems like a lot of money for a magazine. However, please understand that mainstream magazines rely on advertising for revenue and they essentially lose money on each sale (the formula is more eyes = more advertising money). We have virtually no advertising in the magazine and a lot of REAL content and we rely on real people for support. Printing and distributing a magazine is a very expensive process. This publication is truly a labor of love. For those who have labors of love of your own, we hope you understand. And if you come stateside, the magazine is $30 (shipping overseas unfortunately is very expensive).

Thank you for your support.

Best,
Eugene

Hi Ordered it.. any idea when you ship it to europe?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm 

We should have our main shipment come in next week. It's coming by ship from our printers in Iceland, so it's taking a little longer than expected.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:31 pm 

Should arrive any day now....

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:20 pm 

All preorders have been shipped. I expect you should receive your magazine by the next week at the latest.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:05 am 

Just received the magazine going to read it later I can see why its so expensive it looks like a book very thick beautiful printed mag