It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:07 am 

^^ how was that? haha

Antichrist by good ol' Lars Von Trier. I think this is the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870984/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:43 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:
^^ how was that? haha

Antichrist by good ol' Lars Von Trier. I think this is the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

It wasn't bad, neat little blood sucker movie. Sometimes I'd rather see a little bit of money go into a good story than see a bunch of money get thrown at a bad one. Wardrobe dept. had some fun :wink:

Been reading about Antichrist but haven't checked it out yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 pm 

Antichrist at moments completely disgust me, made me want to cry, completely sympathize, made me think "what the fuck am i watching?," and feel extreme confusion.

On a happier note just finished:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:53 pm 
Inglorious Basterds. Not a typical Tarrantino classic. But Brad's attempt at speaking Italian was comical. And it was refreshing to watch a WWII film where you couldn't predict the ending!

Then Time Travellers Wife. Had high expectations for this having read the book. But as so many books converted to film, it failed to deliver. Poor translation of the original story and very bad acting.

Got high hopes for Lovely Bones. Any idea on release date in the UK?

Next on my list to see - Dorian Gray and Up. I'm a sucker for a Pixar flick!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:27 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:
Antichrist at moments completely disgust me, made me want to cry, completely sympathize, made me think "what the fuck am i watching?," and feel extreme confusion.

I went through the same thing last weekend with Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door. I've never read his books but was aware of the film and had been avoiding it. I met him recently at a horrorfest and ended up with a copy. Got tired of people asking me if I'd seen it. First time I've ever thought "fuck I'm going to have to turn this off". I can't recall a film ever dragging that many emotions out of me. Been a week and I still don't feel right!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:33 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:

On a happier note just finished:

Where did you watch it? Is it online?
How was Go-Getter, i wanted to see it for Zooey.

I rewatched Natural Born Killers this weekend - i lvoe that movie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 am 

bluesman905 wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:

I went through the same thing last weekend with Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door. I've never read his books but was aware of the film and had been avoiding it. I met him recently at a horrorfest and ended up with a copy. Got tired of people asking me if I'd seen it. First time I've ever thought "fuck I'm going to have to turn this off". I can't recall a film ever dragging that many emotions out of me. Been a week and I still don't feel right!

I just kept having flashbacks of it all today. it's so well done and it's so hard to watch at times. the only other times this is happened (and those haven't come close to this one) was with the infamous scene in irreversible, i had the hardest time not crying and turning it off, and with requiem for a dream because of the one guys arm in the car (that's vague but it's sick) and i felt/feel so extremely bad sarah, never have i had so much sympathy for someone.

Shadowboxer wrote:
Where did you watch it? Is it online?
How was Go-Getter, i wanted to see it for Zooey.

Yeah I got it from online, I'll message you about it. Don't want to post it here so if anyone wants to see Antichrist, I can lend you a hand.

The Go Getter was good, I thought. Just a cute little indie movie and I thought it was interesting how the main relationship was created. A little unique characteristic. If you want a cute, sweet, happy indie movie, go with this :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 am 

Just finished up "The Happening"
I want my 91 minutes back!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:00 am 

I watched a few movies during my day off on monday:

"Everything is Illuminated" - I thought it was very funny and depressing. I loved the journey this movie takes you on.
"The Boy In the Stripped Pajama's" Hmm, I'm still processing this film. The ending is quite shocking.
"Sunshine Cleaning" - I really liked it a lot. I actually didn't want it to stop. Amy Adams is wonderful.

I also saw this documentary about the women of Juarez, Mexico and how to this day, nothing has changed. Women continue to be killed and nothing is being done about it. I freakin loathe my country's corrupt government. :pissed:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:16 am 

sunshine cleaning=cute in it's own crime scene clean up way

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:12 am 

yarnforhair wrote:

my my....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:33 am 

bluesman905 wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:

my my....

sooooo what'd you think?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:15 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
I watched a few movies during my day off on monday:

"Everything is Illuminated" - I thought it was very funny and depressing. I loved the journey this movie takes you on.
"The Boy In the Stripped Pajama's" Hmm, I'm still processing this film. The ending is quite shocking.
"Sunshine Cleaning" - I really liked it a lot. I actually didn't want it to stop. Amy Adams is wonderful.

I also saw this documentary about the women of Juarez, Mexico and how to this day, nothing has changed. Women continue to be killed and nothing is being done about it. I freakin loathe my country's corrupt government. :pissed:

Narconews has a lot on Juarez. Just use 'search' facility on the left.
Some excellent stuff on the Honduras coup too:

http://www.narconews.com/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:
bluesman905 wrote:
yarnforhair wrote:

my my....

sooooo what'd you think?

Certainly not your average "cottage in the woods" horror movie is it? that of course is a good thing and wouldn't be expected from Trier. Beautifully shot and an amazing performance from Charlotte Gainsbourg! Not the kind of film you will forget any time soon, the first ten minutes was stunning. Disturbing? you betcha but I'll be making at least one more trip through it, shit I think I have to :???:
Another shining example of why Hollywood should pack up it's gear and head on home!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:21 pm 

Pride & Prejudice...classic :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next