It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:57 pm 

mandelstam wrote:
Pride & Prejudice...classic :)

which version? (wasn't there two versions made in recent years? - but one of them was a mini-series for TV, I think, so you're probably referring to the "feature-film" movie, am I right?)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:26 pm 

Formulaic, formulaic, for-mu-la-ic!
I was in the mood for something mindless. I guess I got it. Ugh. Also, I don't think anyone in the world wants to see dentists utensils as an opening sequence to anything. Not even dentists.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:51 pm 

bluesman905 wrote:
Certainly not your average "cottage in the woods" horror movie is it? that of course is a good thing and wouldn't be expected from Trier. Beautifully shot and an amazing performance from Charlotte Gainsbourg! Not the kind of film you will forget any time soon, the first ten minutes was stunning. Disturbing? you betcha but I'll be making at least one more trip through it, shit I think I have to :???:
Another shining example of why Hollywood should pack up it's gear and head on home!

Yeah, I knew it was going to be different since a LVT movie but I wasn't expecting what I saw. I was telling some friends about it today and they were all saying "omg omg send it to me I have to see this" and I'm thinking "ehhh don't be so eager" haha it's been 5 days or so and I still can't get the imagery out of my head. and major major props to Charlotte Gainsbourg. I want to see her get lots of awards/recognition for this performance because she's excellent but I don't know if the film will even get the chance. From what I understand, it's getting a lot of backlash because folks can't believe what he put on their screens (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm going to watch it again too, but not for a while...

and pitifuljoy, I was hoping Ghost Town would be good, I want to see it cause I love Ricky Gervais. :tear:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:46 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:

and pitifuljoy, I was hoping Ghost Town would be good, I want to see it cause I love Ricky Gervais. :tear:

Rick Gervais was the main reason why I decided to check it out.

You should still check it out though. Who knows, you may even like it :p :green:
It just wasn't for me :wink:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:26 pm 

I'll have to see if they have it at the library cause if I don't like it I won't have to feel bad about wasting money cause it's FREE!! ha! He has a new movie coming out, I forget what it's called. I saw In The Loop which was pretty funny even though I know nothing about politics.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:30 am 

yarnforhair wrote:
From what I understand, it's getting a lot of backlash because folks can't believe what he put on their screens (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm going to watch it again too, but not for a while...

Your right, we haven't heard the end of this for sure. It'll take it's place on the list of films that get tagged "controversial" etc. and in ten years will be called a cult classic. Not everyone could sit through those scenes and still see the film as being art regardless of the quality. Lets face it, your average cineplex patron will probably never hear of it. The backlash usualy comes from certain groups of people who are always just waiting in the wings ready to scream foul.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:05 am 

yesterday I watched "The Piano"
Great movie!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 pm 

yarnforhair wrote:
I'll have to see if they have it at the library cause if I don't like it I won't have to feel bad about wasting money cause it's FREE!! ha!

Sweet! I used to do that when I was a teen, but then I left it up to my brother to return a movie for me one day. He promised me up and down that he returned it. I got the bill for the movie 2 years later. He then took the movie out from where he was hiding it. Freakin jerk! :laugh: (the movie was Dancer in the Dark if you're curious. I know have it of course. It still has the Library stickers on it lol)

You think you know what's going to happen, and you wish for it not to, yet still surprises you how it all goes down. Quite gripping and upsetting.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 am 

Yeah I have 4 movies out at the moment, all where due today, got none of them in. yay for fines argh... i've only myself to blame...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:29 am 

I saw Hurt Locker last night, it was really good.
Tonight, I watched Antichrist, and whoa it fucked with my head. I wish I hadn't read all the spoilers but it was still shocking nonetheless.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:35 pm 

Argento fix (both Dario & Asia) finishing up a trilogy after 30 years

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:06 am 

Adventureland
I found it boring.

Good Dick
I'm still confused.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:12 pm 

Zombieland - Hilarious. The cameo: awesome :green:

Pandorum - Poor man's Alien.

[REC] - I hated Cloverfield and this was practically the same thing, but with "zombies" and in spanish.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:24 pm 

Just saw yesterday Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, I enjoyed it incredibly. Mélanie Laurent is terribly hot. great movie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:21 pm 

let the right one in- has really stayed with me

antonioni's 'red desert' really beautifully shot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next