It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:50 pm 

cat on the wall wrote:
Lick My Legs wrote:

Great one, what do you think of the new tracks? :)

I'm trying not to listen to the streaming copies - waiting to get the real thing so I can play it properly, its been 7 years I can wait a couple more weeks.

Havent been able to resist watching the Every Single Night video though, I think this album is going to be amazing.

BTW I have it on good authority she will be playing London in the autumn - no dates yet but it will happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:33 pm 

I can hardly believe how freaking amazing this new album is and I've been a hardcore fan since Tidal - I honestly didn't think she could top her previous body of work, but The Idler Wheel is a whole new level of restless sonic brilliance, searing emotional resonance and vocal acrobatics - I LOVE it!! I LOVE Fiona!! I'm so so happy right now :) There are so very few true musical artists who genuinely seem to be following their own path and working from the core of their being rather than just looking out towards the latest trends - Polly and Fiona are artists whose work will seem more and more iconic over time...

Oh please please let it be true that Fifi will come to London!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:51 am 

sallytbyml wrote:
I can hardly believe how freaking amazing this new album is and I've been a hardcore fan since Tidal - I honestly didn't think she could top her previous body of work, but The Idler Wheel is a whole new level of restless sonic brilliance, searing emotional resonance and vocal acrobatics - I LOVE it!! I LOVE Fiona!! I'm so so happy right now :) There are so very few true musical artists who genuinely seem to be following their own path and working from the core of their being rather than just looking out towards the latest trends - Polly and Fiona are artists whose work will seem more and more iconic over time...

Very well said and I could not agree more! Brilliant doesn't even begin to describe this amazing album. I keep trying not to overdo it by listening to it so often, but I can't help myself. This album demands to be listened to. Funny how almost every Fiona Apple album resonates with whatever is going on in my life. :love:

I can't wait to pick up my copy tomorrow after work. :green:

There's a good chance she may tour Europe. She just released more tour dates for a pretty extensive tour of the US. (here that, Polly Jay?) lol. :wink:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
sallytbyml wrote:

Very well said and I could not agree more! Brilliant doesn't even begin to describe this amazing album. I keep trying not to overdo it by listening to it so often, but I can't help myself. This album demands to be listened to. Funny how almost every Fiona Apple album resonates with whatever is going on in my life. :love:

I can't wait to pick up my copy tomorrow after work. :green:

There's a good chance she may tour Europe. She just released more tour dates for a pretty extensive tour of the US. (here that, Polly Jay?) lol. :wink:

One more singer I should listen to more. Oh yes, Juanita, I've just found out she has cancelled the entire west coast leg of her tour...only joking!

I'm guessing you didn't go to that 2:54 gig. :-(
Just sending you a note about Neve McIntosh, by the way. ;-)

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 pm 

This interviews's a must read
http://www.vulture.com/2012/06/hiding-o ... ermit.html

"She’d briefly married a French photographer several years ago, for complicated reasons."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:57 am 

Lick My Legs wrote:
This interviews's a must read
http://www.vulture.com/2012/06/hiding-o ... ermit.html

"She’d briefly married a French photographer several years ago, for complicated reasons."

I'd VERY MUCH like to get text messages from Fiona at wee hours in the morn. Also drink and get stoned? C'mon. Why isn't she my friend already?

That was a pretty interesting read. I learned a few things about Fifi. Her poor dog. :(

sau wrote:
One more singer I should listen to more.

Yes! She is fantastic.

Quote:
guessing you didn't go to that 2:54 gig. :-(

Nah. As I mentioned to you before, my new work schedule makes it almost impossible to go to shows during the work week. If only they had played on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday night!

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:

Nah. As I mentioned to you before, my new work schedule makes it almost impossible to go to shows during the work week. If only they had played on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday night!

I got the date wrong. That gig is on next Tuesday. Still no good, though!

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:22 pm 

Did anyone catch her on Jimmy Fallon? she was great. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:24 pm 

Lick My Legs wrote:
cat on the wall wrote:
Lick My Legs wrote:

Great one, what do you think of the new tracks? :)

I'm trying not to listen to the streaming copies - waiting to get the real thing so I can play it properly, its been 7 years I can wait a couple more weeks.

Havent been able to resist watching the Every Single Night video though, I think this album is going to be amazing.

BTW I have it on good authority she will be playing London in the autumn - no dates yet but it will happen.

I understand the feeling to wait to properly enjoy it, still waiting for my deluxe edition.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Haha! Love this...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:20 am 

Here you can see her on the show if you missed it.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/06/19/fiona-apple-jimmy-fallon-meltdown/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 am 

Hell and High Water wrote:
Haha! Love this...

Knew you'd say that. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:12 am 

Hey did anyone here hear about her getting busted for going into Texas with some hash? Such fucking idiocy they do this to her. What kind of world do we live in anymore where this kind of lunacy is still happening? The dipshit police in Texas are really cruel & out of line in my opinion. Now her mugshot has been all over the web & she has to fight a felony charge. Fucking unreal. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:29 am 

I hope she has a good lawyer, still the publicity is well timed - financially she will probably get more sales and end up better off, as long as they dont lock her up for 6 months!