It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tori Amos meet & greets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:09 am 

I'm going to see her in Manchester on 4th November and have heard that she sometimes does meets and greets for her fans after the show.

Are these regular occurances? Or has any one heard of anythin happening for this tour? I would love to meet her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:39 pm 

Erinydwi wrote:
I'm going to see her in Manchester on 4th November and have heard that she sometimes does meets and greets for her fans after the show.

Are these regular occurances? Or has any one heard of anythin happening for this tour? I would love to meet her.

they are regular in the sense that Tori does them practically all the time, but irregular in that she doesn't do them every time. sometimes there is no meet & greet before a certain show simply because Tori is too busy with some commitment such as making a TV/radio appearance or doing an interview, and often enough there is no meet & greet at a show taking place the day after the previous show and especially when the road has been long between the locations. it's mainly a matter of how much time Tori has on any given occasion, but it's evident that she seeks to do meet and greets whenever possible.

on the current tour the meet and greets seem to occur rather early. in Moscow for instance Tori came out at 1:30 pm (but that was before a show that also started very early that evening). in Luxembourg the meet and greet didn't happen until 3 pm (even though Mindy, Tori's "bodyguard", had told people it would be at 2 pm). in Paris there was no meet and greet, because Tori had another engagement in the afternoon.
on previous tours it has sometimes happened that a meet and greet had taken place as late as 6 pm (in some venue where the concert began rather late in the evening), but this year it appears that you need to be there earlier than usual.

the quality of a meet and greet can vary enormously depending on the circumstances, above all it depends on the size of the crowd which can be anything from a dozen people to a couple of hundred. anyway the safest thing is to be there early. go find the back entrance where the artists and the crew enter the building, that's usually the place where the meet and greet takes place. but not always, it depends on the venue and on what's convenient. anyway Mindy usually comes out a while before Tori and informs the crowd what's going to happen. even when there won't be a meet and greet, Mindy usually appears to give the information.

any questions?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:39 pm 

Sorry, I forgot to check back for replies! I didn't realise that they took place before the concert and as I have to travel about 2 hours to get there I don't think it'll be viable for me to go there so early on the off chance that it may or may not happen. Oh well at least I know for future reference now. Thanks anyway. :)