Which Method Of Music Do You Perfer?
1. Record Player 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
2. 8-Track 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. Cassette Player 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
4. CD Player 56%  56%  [ 9 ]
5. Mp3 Player 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:23 am 

Hi everyone! Polly often uses different methods to record her songs. I'm old enough to remember cassettes and my grandmother used to have 8-tracks playing. One thing I do remember distinctively is how different each of them sounded & affected the quality of music that they played. Times have changed but the fact remains. They each sound very different, the quality even clarity are each unique. So which method do you prefer the sound of best?

1. Record Player

2. 8-Track

3. Cassette Player

4. CD Player

5. Mp3 Player

***Note: Since it is a valid argument that it depends on the style of music you're listening 2 I'm putting in 2 options per user for more accurate & fair results***

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:33 am 

Turntable for this cat.....cat
Nothing sounds as good to me :grin:

First stereo I bought with my own dough was a Candle 8-Track. Also had a Sony Walkman when they first came out, though it was amazing to be able to listen to music on the go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:58 am 

I have actually used the Crosley turntable that's pictured up there. The built-in speakers were terrible and unfortunately there was no headphone jack.

I chose CD player because unlike MP3s, CDs are tangible and unlike vinyl, they're space efficient, lightweight, and less expensive. (I don't think I've ever met a poor audiophile.) I like to purchase only my favorite albums on vinyl.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:00 am 
Site Admin

CDs and vinyl of course. I might only play vinyl, but CDs are so convenient, easy to care for and ubiquitous. I don't have an iPod.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:08 am 

My choices were CD & Cassette players. I've very & mean VERY scarcely had the chance to even hear vinyl. Only time I heard it was they were playing something like perry como at my grandfathers nursing home once. It wasn't a well kept record & all I could hear was *pop* ~CraKlE~ Fizz, LOL!
Vinyl seems to be making a come back though, hey Bluesman I owned a candle cassette player when I was younger!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:13 am 

As a teenager began to buy my music on cassette,
but then when he started working, change all these cassettes for cd's,
and now all these cd's the loaded to my PC and my ipod¡¡¡
is the evolution had that all of my generation have¡¡¡
but I prefer the sound of the LP and CD, I don't like the sound of Mp3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:19 am 

jesuspolly wrote:
As a teenager began to buy my music on cassette,
but then when he started working, change all these cassettes for cd's,
and now all these cd's the loaded to my PC and my ipod¡¡¡
is the evolution had that all of my generation have¡¡¡
but I prefer the sound of the LP and CD, I don't like the sound of Mp3

Hi JP, that's the same as my generation went :) . With once difference, I don't own an MP3 player. I prefer the sound and convenience of tapes and CDs. Which ones do you like the quality of the sound of?

Edit whoops you already said that my mistake sorry, I've had 3 hrs sleep lol. :???:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:37 am 

Record player, but it's been a while since I've listened to any vinyl. CD is ok. MP3 is ok with headphones.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 pm 

Friends don't let friends listen to mp3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

I'll go with the CD player, although I don't have one right now (just the DVD system, which is good enough but not exactly portable) and I end up on listening to MP3s on both my portable media player and the computer a lot. I'm not from the vinyl era so I'm not very familiar with that, I have to say from the methods I do know CD sounds a million times better than anything else so I hope they stay around for a long time.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:09 pm 

though i've only had my record player for a little while, i do love it quite a bit with the few records i have. i'm trying to find my favorite albums on vinyl, but it's not such an easy task. i ended up with picking cds because then i can put it in my car, rip it to my computer, and then put it on my ipod. i like being able to hold my music in my hand, and not everything comes in vinyl. and then my second choice was mp3 player because it's extremely convenient to plug into my car for long trips, tuning people out, walking on campus.. various things. i used to carry around a 12 cd case for on the go purposes but when i got an ipod, it was amazing cause i only had to carry a small thing.

my only hope is that tangible music doesn't completely disappear. with the digital age, i fear that eventually all music will be digital and i really really don't want that to happen. i can't express how much i love being able to look at my shelf and see whole discographies of people and to be able to actually touch it. i can't touch an mp3.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:13 am 

I like the convenience of mp3. I like having 12,000 (and growing) songs with me at all times and being able to select the song I want to hear when the mood, however random, strikes. I try for the highest quality possible, and rarely do I think "this sounds shit."

I love CDs. I still buy them. Having the artwork and exploring the presentation is important. I like being able to put a CD on from start to finish. I like that I can grab them and stick them in my car.

I think I'd like vinyl more if I could manage to get a decent record player. Still, pretty as it is, it isn't all that convenient.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:45 pm 

I will continue to buy CD's til they no longer make them. I also like the convenience of portable media players so MP3's work just fine for me.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:50 am 

Glitter & Doom wrote:

I think I'd like vinyl more if I could manage to get a decent record player. Still, pretty as it is, it isn't all that convenient.

Nope not convenient at all. More a kicking back in a comfy chair, putting up your feet, hands behind your head kind of thing. Then just when you get into that comfort zone and close your eyes, the side ends and you have to get up and start all over again. It's great...

I wish I had the connection to run my ipod through the car stereo. No more dragging cd's in and out of the house. Now THAT would be convenient. As it stands now I only use it when I mow the lawn. I'm constantly bugging my son about the evil mp3 so he turned around and bought me an ipod....smart ass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:13 am 

bluesman905 wrote:
Glitter & Doom wrote:

Nope not convenient at all. More a kicking back in a comfy chair, putting up your feet, hands behind your head kind of thing. Then just when you get into that comfort zone and close your eyes, the side ends and you have to get up and start all over again. It's great...

I wish I had the connection to run my ipod through the car stereo. No more dragging cd's in and out of the house. Now THAT would be convenient. As it stands now I only use it when I mow the lawn. I'm constantly bugging my son about the evil mp3 so he turned around and bought me an ipod....smart ass

I feel similar about my Dad who has the Apple ipod 8gb or something...he works full & overtime & can afford it. I'm very happy with my discman for now.