It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:23 pm 

I miss the rain. It doesn't rain out here as much as I'd like.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:32 pm 

Location: The Black Country, England, Great Britain, UK - in that order
Pitifuljoy wrote:

you want to try living here!!!! i'd gladly swap some of our rain for your sun? :???:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:42 pm 

mart wrote:
Pitifuljoy wrote:

you want to try living here!!!! i'd gladly swap some of our rain for your sun? :???:

If it were possible, I'd be on a plane right now!! *passes current heat wave in your direction*
My heart belongs to Seattle, or somewhere in Portland, or hell, even England. The sun is overrated!

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:06 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
mart wrote:
Pitifuljoy wrote:

If it were possible, I'd be on a plane right now!! *passes current heat wave in your direction*
My heart belongs to Seattle, or somewhere in Portland, or hell, even England. The sun is overrated!

I agree with this. I like the sun every once in a while but since I've grown up and still live in the area of the US with the most cloud coverage I'm used to not much sun. I like it when it's here, but I only like it here and there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:54 am 

Hmm. After being irritated by all the negative comments on Polly winning the Mercury it was pretty interesting to read the feedback that Jessie J got for admitting she has NEVER heard of PJ Harvey nor actually knows what the Mercury prize is:

http://www.nme.com/news/jessie-j/59100

Anyway how is it humanly possible for someone working in the British music industry to NOT know about the Mercury prize? (I won't even go into the not knowing PJ Harvey bit... :shades: )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:10 pm 

While at a bar this weekend, my friend pointed out this girl who she thought was gorgeous beyond words. Suffice to say I didn't agree :laugh: . Then again we have very differing tastes when it comes to women. Anyway, upon my disagreeing, she said, "I think PJ Harvey is attractive, but she is not hot." :shocked:

We are no longer friends.

Just kidding.

But it was kinda shocking to hear that. :laugh: I should mention that she is a huge PJ fan as well. /cool story bro

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 pm 

I disagree with your friend, ha

I've discovered that working out in the morning actually makes me feel awesome. I just started doing it, finally felt actually motivated to exercise rather than a "I should do it...I guess..." but I'm really hoping to keep it up. I'm also trying to eat better; so far I've been repeatedly failing but I feel like if 2 of my meals are healthy then the 3rd can be unhealthy. #justifyingbadhabits #whateverrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

^ That's right! Working out in the morning DOES make you feel better for the rest of the day. I forgot. ;)

I've been putting it off until the afternoon which often turns into tomorrow. Not good. My diet's pretty good though. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:36 am 

yarnforhair wrote:
I disagree with your friend, ha

She is wrong on soo many levels. Haha.

Quote:
I've discovered that working out in the morning actually makes me feel awesome. I just started doing it, finally felt actually motivated to exercise rather than a "I should do it...I guess..." but I'm really hoping to keep it up. I'm also trying to eat better; so far I've been repeatedly failing but I feel like if 2 of my meals are healthy then the 3rd can be unhealthy. #justifyingbadhabits #whateverrr

When I took up kick boxing, I cut back all the unhealthy foods to weekend only treats. Greasy chinese food saturdays!

Then again, being a strict vegetarian helps too. :green: Not as much temptation out there, haha.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:53 pm 

I can't understand, how if you are a corporate sponsor, sponsoring a huge event, you can't manage to give me a high res version of your logo. Oh no, it's too much to ask! Instead, the marketing person decides that a 6KB image ripped from the net is good enough. If they complain about how crappy it will print out, because it WILL look like crap, they've only themselves to blame. Jeebus freakin christ. I go through this every other week. :bang: /end job related rant.

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

^Jobs suck! I'm on vacations and yesterday my therapist said she's never seen me look so good. Fuck bosses and stupid people.

Nice tattoo, btw. I've been thinking of getting one.

yarnforhair wrote:
if 2 of my meals are healthy then the 3rd can be unhealthy. #justifyingbadhabits #whateverrr

Love it. That's how I justify my Pringles.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:07 pm 

Pocket Knife wrote:
^Jobs suck! I'm on vacations and yesterday my therapist said she's never seen me look so good. Fuck bosses and stupid people.

Lucky! I took some time off recently and felt fucking fantastic. But that, of course quickly changed when I got back to work. :laugh: Not giving a single fuck about anything feels fucking great. :green:

Thanks. Do you have a tattoo in mind?

I hate saying "it's Friday!" now cuz it just reminds me of that awful "Friday" song. Aaaand it's now in my head. Great. Ugh. :eyeroll:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Pitifuljoy wrote:
Pocket Knife wrote:

Lucky! I took some time off recently and felt fucking fantastic. But that, of course quickly changed when I got back to work. :laugh: Not giving a single fuck about anything feels fucking great. :green:

Thanks. Do you have a tattoo in mind?

Yeah I know I'll feel even shittier when I return next week.

I love tattoos that have a meaning behind them like yours so I thought I'd only ever get one if something like that fell on my lap. But lately I've been into the idea of getting one on my left wrist. It's a good location for something discreet and it looks nice when you play an instrument (the trombone in particular). So I figured maybe something related to music, like a decorated treble clef. There are some vector images on the web but I haven't found one I'm completely satisfied with yet.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:25 pm 

Pocket Knife wrote:
I love tattoos that have a meaning behind them like yours so I thought I'd only ever get one if something like that fell on my lap. But lately I've been into the idea of getting one on my left wrist. It's a good location for something discreet and it looks nice when you play an instrument (the trombone in particular). So I figured maybe something related to music, like a decorated treble clef. There are some vector images on the web but I haven't found one I'm completely satisfied with yet.

It's good that you're holding off until you find the right image. Believe me, if you don't, you'll regret it later.... :laugh: Take your time. :)

I had a skills test today with InDesign and the "mighty mouse" was being a pain in the ass. It's settings were all off and suffice it to say, I struggled on something that would have otherwise taken me 15 minutes to finish! Luckily the man that interviewed me was understandable about it, but jeeze! :laugh:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:45 am 

off for a booooring day at work... but, hey, when you kick off with ROM-album... I'm in EcstasyyyyyyYYYYyy :laugh:

(also, I got the Jimi Hendrix, Valleys of Neptune the other day :yeah: which is coming with me today :cool: )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next