It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:09 am 

Hell and High Water wrote:
The Lockheed fire is getting controlled, but for the last couple of days, depending on which way the wind was blowing, we've been in a thin cloud of smoke and ashes. :(

Yikes...glad it's under control H&HW and your safe of course

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:27 am 
Site Admin

Amazingly, no homes were burned and no one has been hurt. I just read that people in the mountains are now allowed to return to their homes. So it has a happy ending, fire is part of the ecology, but we were supposed to stay indoors here in town for a couple of days when it was hazy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 am 

glad everyone is safe with those fires, that's very good to hear :)

metric was last night, i'm thinking i'm even more in love with emily haines than originally thought. emily says some really funny things, a few being: regarding the bad stereotype of hippies, "i'd rather be a hippie than an asshole." well put. short and sweet. next, regarding assholes, "tell them fuck off. fuck alllll the wayyyyy off." will do, emily, will do. talking about what's the norm, "it's just really fucked up; i don't think i'm a good barometer of normal." agreed. was right up in the front, as i always am for my concerts (nowhere else to be :))

hello new desktop. those were 2 of the best, i have plenty more :D definitely one of the best shows i've seen; if they're coming by you, GO, you won't regret it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:04 pm 

^
I was sorta, kinda dragged to a Metric show a few years ago. I wasn't familiar with their music but I thought, ok what the hey.
To make a long story short, it was not very fun for me. Mostly because my friend got super drunk and told all the cute girls that would approach me that I was her "girlfriend" and would drag me up/down and all around the venue. This was followed by her flashing me in the parking lot. Good times indeedy! :green:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:06 pm 

*repeats to self= It's almost friday, its almost friday. It's almost friday. IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY!!!!*

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:34 pm 

I learned last night that my 'gaydar' really, really sucks. :neutral:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

The Lockheed fire is either out or under control, but it is really smokey today. I was going to go for a walk, guess not. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:39 pm 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
I learned last night that my 'gaydar' really, really sucks. :neutral:

as does mine and i'm into girls. i can only tell with the really obvious folks, sadly.

Last edited by yarnforhair on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:56 pm 

^
Haha yeah, I check the obvious, stereotypical clues out before making a move. Last night, I simply could.not.tell. And she was cute too. Damn. :neutral:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

I think the gaydar is a myth.

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:37 am 

people never suspect with me cause i don't "look gay." i think though that with most people you just can't tell so it makes it hard for everyone else haha. i think some people just have an intuition for it. someone told me they knew i was by the way i walked and then some other girl asked a friend of mine if i was because i said i was really into pj harvey, which i found to be hilarious. she said it was apparently the way i talked about her. :?:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:03 am 

Yeah, agree about the intuition bit. A friend of mine has it. She's never wrong!

I also get the music bit. PJ Harvey tends to fall into the "lesbian music" category, so automatically, if you listen to it, you MUST be gay. :eyeroll:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:12 am 
Site Admin

Some people definitely have intuition (or: a set of processed information from past experience) but it's hard to pinpoint what exactly this information is. Surely a lot of people (gaydarless included) can pick up stereotypes and one can even try to describe characteristics, but a lot of it will sound more like a hunch than anything else. They can blame it on trivialities like poor Polly but it's always gonna be more than that, or just a lucky guess because obviously if they tried it on female PJ fans they're not familiar with they'd get it wrong a lot of times.

In conclusion, it can't be taught, so we're all screwed. ;D

Find us at
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:42 am 

I wonder why people have that PJ-"she-listens-to-PJ-so-she-must-be-gay" connection. i suppose that goes back to dress, man-size, and 50ft queenie though. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:54 pm 

I didn't even know about 'lesbian music' til I got to college. I met a girl there who was sure I was gay because of the music I listened to. Sorry to let her down! lol

My boss is away ALL WEEK and I really don't feel like working, or pretending to cuz, no one is here to check up on me. But damn the deadlines that never end!

FaceplaceEl Jay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next