It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 am 

Blair and Brown's Legacy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:56 am 

alonbp wrote:
Is England shaking?

My thought's exactly...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:50 am 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:53 am 
:neutral:

Last edited by Lara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 pm 

I watched the 'Paranoid Android' music video yesterday. O_o : my only reaction. My sister is a big Radiohead fan, and I love Thom Yorke's voice. I'd heard the song and decided to check out the video on youtube. I've seen weirder sights but this was up there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:37 pm 

I took this whole week off from work just to relax and do pretty much nothing. I'm dreading going back to work on Monday because I KNOW my desk will be filled with stupid notes from my bosses about how things need to be done in 2 hours since they couldn't do anything while I was gone. *sigh* I really hope I'm wrong. :(

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:13 pm 

^^Sorry to hear you have such a stressful work :|
I recommend: find another job (although I know it's hardly the times for that...)
or... put some high energy PJ on!!! (UHH or Peel Sessions are my faves) :yeah: :booty: :laugh:
:hug:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:35 pm 

Skladunk wrote:
^^Sorry to hear you have such a stressful work :|
I recommend: find another job (although I know it's hardly the times for that...)
or... put some high energy PJ on!!! (UHH or Peel Sessions are my faves) :yeah: :booty: :laugh:
:hug:

Haha, high energy PJ always does the job! :green: I took yesterday off as well. Am back today and everything seems pretty lax SO FAR, but I did find stuff on my desk with NO IDEA what to do with them though. :laugh:

Also, I submitted my latest tattoo to one of my fave blogs and it was posted! :green:

I'm the fist picture, if anyone cares to see Pop Candy Blog :green:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 pm 

That earthquake was crazy :shocked:
My family was coming back from a vacation and we stopped to eat. We were almost ready to leave the restaurant when the windows started rattling. We thought that we must be near a train yard or something. When we realized it was and earthquake my sister and I thought it was the coolest thing (There are never earthquakes in Virginia). The last time we had an earthquake I was a little kid.
When we got home the news said that it was 5.8 magnitude that started a few miles from my house. The cats were freaking out and the pictures on the wall were esquew.
It was a trip! :shocked:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 pm 

persongirl wrote:
That earthquake was crazy :shocked:
My family was coming back from a vacation and we stopped to eat. We were almost ready to leave the restaurant when the windows started rattling. We thought that we must be near a train yard or something. When we realized it was and earthquake my sister and I thought it was the coolest thing (There are never earthquakes in Virginia). The last time we had an earthquake I was a little kid.
When we got home the news said that it was 5.8 magnitude that started a few miles from my house. The cats were freaking out and the pictures on the wall were esquew.
It was a trip! :shocked:

Have you ever experienced an earthquake before?

There are few articles going around about Californian's being rather dismissive about the East Coast quake, but I am not one of them. Ok, sure I laughed at a few of those articles, but I myself have never gotten used to them and fear them so much. I currently live in a 1920's apartment and it shakes every time a big truck passes by, or when one of the neighbor kids runs up and down the stairs. I think it's an earthquake about to hit :laugh:

Admittedly, all this world wide seismic activity is freaking me out a tad :???:

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:04 am 
Site Admin

I'm not dismissive about people's fears, if your first quake is a 5.8, it's scary and confusing. But smaller quakes don't bother me much anymore, I go on alert, but that's all. I still remember the Loma Prieta quake though, I was less than 10 miles from the epicenter for that. We had to drive home, over cracked bridges and past houses catching on fire. We were cut off from the outside world for a while, and that night the radio was saying that our town had been completely destroyed. Ha!

The first time I experienced an earthquake, it was pretty small. I was sitting on the couch and my room mates were in the kitchen, I thought the dog had crawled under me and was scratching, I couldn't figure it out. My room mates didn't feel it at all, and thought I'd lost my mind, checking under the couch and saying, "what WAS that?!?" Then it was in the paper the next day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 am 

Apparently Michael Bloomburg (the mayor of New York) hid under his desk! Whats too bad about this whole earthquake thing is that it adds fuel to the Christian Evangelical fire that is convinced that the world is ending just because of some natural occurrences that are part of living on the Earth. To my generation that's all silly stuff, but my younger brother and his peers are legitimately scared about all the 2012 stuff that they have nightmares and whatnot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:49 am 

I'm thinking how nice it would be if Polly played Paris, oh...sometime between Sept 30-Oct.09 would work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:38 pm 

I can't wait for this weekend. I'm finally meeting someone I got to know through myspace(har-har) in person and we are attending two concerts together! :green:

I also wish it would rain, because I am too damn lazy to wash my car. *looks at 7 day weather forecast; cries*

FaceplaceEl Jay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:57 am 

Pitifuljoy wrote:
I can't wait for this weekend. I'm finally meeting someone I got to know through myspace(har-har) in person and we are attending two concerts together! :green:

I also wish it would rain, because I am too damn lazy to wash my car. *looks at 7 day weather forecast; cries*

My forecast for the next 7 days is only rain. -crying-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next